A new tool, calleed wanawiki, helps defeat the WannaCry ransomware on older Windows PCs by reconstructing the unlock key.
Digital signature service DocuSign said Monday that an unnamed third-party had got access to email addresses of its users after hacking into its systems.
As security researchers investigate last Friday’s massive attack from the WannaCry ransomware, they’ve noticed clues that may link it with a North Korean hacking group that has been blamed for attacking banks across the world.
Last Friday’s massive WannaCry ransomware attack means victims around the world are facing a tough question: Should they pay the ransom? Those who do shouldn't expect a quick response -- or any response at all. Even after payment, the ransomware doesn’t automatically release your computer and decrypt your files.
As the WannaCry ransomware attack evolves, more cybercriminals are likely to attempt to profit from the vulnerability it exploits and similar flaws in the future.
Intel is reporting a firmware vulnerability that could let attackers take over remote management functions on computers built over the past decade.
More than 8.4 billion internet connected devices are estimated to be available in 2017, and Gartner estimates that number will reach 20.4 billion by 2020. In 2017, the consumer sector represents 63 percent of all devices in use, or 5.2 billion units.
When the source code to suspected Russian-made malware leaked online in 2013, guess who used it? A new release from WikiLeaks claims the CIA borrowed some of the code to bolster its own hacking operations.
The chip maker has divested its majority holdings in McAfee to investment firm TPG for US$3.1 billion. McAfee will now again become a standalone security company, but Intel will retain a minority 49 percent stake.
Secusmart, the BlackBerry subsidiary that secures the German Chancellor Angela Merkel's smartphone, will roll out a version of its SecuSuite security software compatible with Samsung Electronics' Knox platform later this year.
Get your complimentary whitepaper here
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Ring Video Doorbell review
- 2 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 4 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 5 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
Join the newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Net Neutrality: The July 12 Internet-Wide Day of Action protest and what to expect
- AMD, Nvidia coin mining graphics cards appear as gaming GPU shortage intensifies
- Microsoft shows the power of its Pen with a new Whiteboard app and other upgrades
- Wanawiki is the WannaCry fix that might save affected PCs—if you work fast
- Microsoft redesigns OneNote UI to make it more universally accessible
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- Ford Everest Trend RWD 3.2L Diesel review
- Ford Everest Trend in its natural habitat
- Linksys Velop mesh WiFi review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSecurity ConsultantOther
- FTProduct Manager (IT Clinical Systems) - Permanent - Syd, Melb or BrisbNSW
- FTRobotics & AI ConsultantOther
- TPPMO ManagerQLD
- CCAlliance ManagerNSW
- CCSAP ISU Device ManagementNSW
- FTService Delivery CoordinatorOther
- CCInfrastructure ArchitectVIC
- CCBusiness Technical writerNSW
- CCSystem AdministratorACT
- CCGuidewire Business AnalystQLD
- FTSenior UI / UX DesignerQLD
- FTSoftware Developer - Banking SolutionsOther
- FTBig Data ArchitectOther
- TPSenior iOS DeveloperNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperNSW
- CCPEGA Developers, Architects and Integrators - multiple requirementsACT
- CCFleet Management System SpecialistSA
- TPProject Manager (SharePoint)VIC
- FTBusiness Development Manager - Innovative Software companyNSW
- TPTest AnalystNSW
- FTAccount ManagerOther
- CCFleet Management System Specialist - Brisbane or AdelaideWA
- FTFull Stack DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical/ Architecture Java Lead - Move to MelbourneNSW