Anyone familiar with Pinnacle Studio 9 will know that it's one of the most accessible consumer video editors available, but has notably lacked key features found in competing products. These limitations have now (largely) been addressed with the rele...
PC World Business
Why sink hundreds of dollars into an office software suite with scores of features you'll never use?
With version 12, Corel's venerable CorelDraw Graphics Suite hasn't undergone a sweeping makeover. In fact, most significant tweaks are focused on one goal: speeding the creation of precise drawings in the namesake CorelDraw illustration program. The ...
For 13 years now, Corel's Painter has been proving that digital art doesn't have to look, well, digital. And Painter IX shows that a venerable package can still learn new tricks. We tested a shipping version of this worthy upgrade.
Sun is gunning for some of Linux's rising popularity in the enterprise with the newest release of its Unix derivative, Solaris. In this Clear Choice Test, we found that Solaris 10 has been torn from its SPARC-only roots now runs very quickly and very...
Google's Picasa 2 photo application is fast, fun, and free. The new version builds on the original's strengths (namely its image-handling speed) and significantly improves on its weaknesses (specifically its photo-editing capabilities). However, whil...
Want to give Linux a try with little fuss and bewilderment? Xandros may have just what you're looking for. We took the $129 Xandros Desktop OS Deluxe 2.5 for a spin and were pleased to find that everything just plain worked.
A true veteran of the application world, FileMaker has been available for Macintosh users since 1985 and Windows machines since 1992. While some of the product naming conventions has changed with version 8, released in mid-2005, the core of the produ...
Another contender in photo editing software more involved than basic tools bundled with a camera is Microsoft's Digital Image Suite.
Roxio's PhotoSuite 7.0 allows you to import, organise, edit and share digital photos. You can enhance or modify images, and create slideshows with music, transitions and special effects - with minimum fuss.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Ring Video Doorbell review
- 2 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 4 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 5 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
Join the newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Wanawiki is the WannaCry fix that might save affected PCs—if you work fast
- Digital signature service DocuSign hacked and email addresses stolen
- The WannaCry ransomware might have a link to North Korea
- Paying the WannaCry ransom will probably get you nothing. Here's why.
- WannaCry attacks are only the beginning
PCW Evaluation Team
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
- Ford Everest Trend RWD 3.2L Diesel review
- Ford Everest Trend in its natural habitat
- Linksys Velop mesh WiFi review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantACT
- FTSenior Drupal DeveloperNSW
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- CCPEGA Developers, Architects and Integrators - multiple requirementsACT
- FTAnalyst Programmer (Classic ASP / VB)Other
- FT.Net DeveloperACT
- FTSenior UI / UX DesignerQLD
- FTAGILE Implementation Manager ContractOther
- FTSystem TesterOther
- CCUnderground Communication Systems SpecialistQLD
- FTBizTalk Technical LeadQLD
- FTFront End Developer (Mid-Level)Other
- CCTest ManagerQLD
- FTService Delivery CoordinatorOther
- FTSenior Project AnalystOther
- FTData DeveloperOther
- FTInstructional DesignerOther
- FTSoftware EngineerSA
- FTNetwork Consulting ArchitectVIC
- FTSAP Project Manager- (Successfactor)Other
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- FTWeb DeveloperOther
- CCSenior .Net Developer/ Front end DeveloperQLD
- FTBusiness Development Manager Staff AugmentationOther
- CCProgrammer AnalystQLD