The core wars between x86 chip makers hit a lull a couple of years ago as processors were deemed to deliver enough performance, but Intel's plans to release a 15-core processor could change that.
Notebooks, PCs & Printers
Nvidia wants to help create some of the world's fastest computers with its latest Tesla K40 graphics chip, which is its fastest supercomputing co-processor to date.
Workers at four Dell suppliers in China are allegedly enduring long overtime hours and facing exposure to toxic fumes, according to new reports from watchdog groups.
Acer CEO J.T. Wang is resigning from his post at the Taiwanese PC maker and will be replaced by president Jim Wong as part of a corporate restructuring that will try to revitalize the company's sagging fortunes.
3D printing may have an image problem. It's sometimes seen as a hobbyist pursuit -- a fun way to build knickknacks from your living room desktop -- but a growing number of companies are giving serious thought to the technology to help get new ideas o...
Buyers looking to purchase Lenovo's latest ThinkPad X240 laptop with a touchscreen will have to wait until December.
A slumping PC business affected Intel's business during the third quarter, but the company believes brighter days are ahead with its new Core and Atom chips.
Accidentally leaked user manuals from PC maker Lenovo show that the company is preparing a new laptop that runs Android instead of Windows.
It doesn't take much to please Hewlett-Packard's investors these days. HP has confirmed that its revenue will decline slightly next year, but the mention of "pockets of growth" sent hearts aflutter.
In a world full of largely similar Chromebooks, HP's 14-inch (and aptly named) HP Chromebook 14 stands out largely because of its comparatively big screen; all other Chromebooks rock roughly netbook-sized screens.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- The iCloud hackers' bitcoin ransom looks like a fake
- Blockchain can help secure medical devices, improve patient privacy
- ASIC to offer blockchain guidance to businesses
- Razer's zVault virtual currency for gamers is like a mash-up of bitcoin and Xbox Live Points
- Thousands of Seagate NAS boxes host cryptocurrency mining malware
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPInfrastructure ArchitectQLD
- TPSenior Business AnalystVIC
- FTMobile Studio Manager/ Mobile UX Manager - GAME CHANGER!NSW
- CCJava Developer / System Designer - Aus Citizens OnlyWA
- FTBusiness Analyst - BI, Analytics & Big DataNSW
- FTService Delivery AnalystNSW
- FTSalesforce Project LeadQLD
- FTService Delivery ManagerNSW
- FTFront End .Net Developer. Permanent jobACT
- FTSales Lead / Sales Executive - Enterprise IT Healthcare Perm - North RydeNSW
- FTFront End Web DeveloperACT
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- CCIntegration ArchitectACT
- FTTeam Leader Application SupportVIC
- CCSystems Specialist - Network Systems l Port MacquarieNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTDigital Business Analyst | Online BookingQLD
- FTSolution Architect - SecurityVIC
- FTUX DesignerNSW
- TPPrincipal Project Officer - ReportingQLD
- CCSenior Network Architect l CCNP/CCIE R&S l Cisco ACINSW
- FTMobile Studio Lead/ Mobile UX LeadNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTService ManagerNSW