With Halloween approaching I thought it appropriate to share some bewitching IT stories from some of the ghosts (those who want to remain anonymous) and goblins (proud to take credit for their ghoulish tales) belonging to Encompass,HP's largest enter...
Notebooks, PCs & Printers
Solid-state drives may replace hard drives as future storage devices on computers, but not until their price plummets.
If you're running Vista and you need a multifunction printer, Brother's MFC-5860CN might seem like a great choice. After all, it's proudly sold as "Certified for Windows Vista."
Buried deep within Windows' bosom is a carbon-crusted fossil from the ancient days of computing. This aged wart on Windows' soul harkens back to a more primitive time, when computers lacked the oomph to go graphical and mice were nothing but rodents.
Now that Apple has blessed its users with a release date for the next version of Mac OS X -- it's the 26th, in case you didn't hear -- the next order of business for anyone planning to upgrade is to step back, take a breath, put down the credit card ...
Consider the similarity between Angelina Jolie and the One Laptop Per Child project. Both garner gobs of favorable publicity for their humanitarian work that overshadow, in Jolie's case, her recent dry spell at the box office, and in the OLPC's case,...
Some IT executives might have been alarmed when Gartner predicted that by next year 10 percent of companies will require employees to purchase and maintain their own notebooks and other devices. But for Bill Leo, CIO of Oliver Wyman Delta Organizatio...
Microsoft's decision last week to delay the end of Windows XP sales five months means users have just that much longer to jilt Vista and return to the older -- and some say more mature -- operating system. But even with XP's reprieve, few PCs come wi...
Last week I wrote about how Apple's growing success will trigger accusations that it is a monopolistic, copycat bully and why the company should be defended against such complaints. This week, I'll discuss the secrets of Apple's growing success and c...
IBM is learning from naturally-forming patterns that create seashells, snowflakes and tooth enamel to build its next family of computer chips. The chips made with the new process will eventually be used in IBM's server product lines.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 3 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 4 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Google partners with PayPal to bring new checkout options for Android Pay
- Expect prices for PCs and mobile devices to rise this year
- Facebook may use Messenger to push into retail payments
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- Ring Video Doorbell review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSAP Data Migration Specialists. Work Location - CanberraOther
- FTSEO SpecialistNSW
- FTPHP DeveloperQLD
- FT.Net DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior Project AnalystOther
- FTSenior Technical Consultant - RELOCATE TO CANBERRANSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence Analyst - Microsoft BI StackNSW
- FTTransition Consultant - SMSF SoftwareOther
- FTProject Coordinator - Travel IndustryQLD
- FTMicrosoft Azure Cloud EngineerQLD
- FTProject OfficerSA
- CCSAP Hana DeveloperSA
- CCSAP ISU Device ManagementNSW
- TPProject ServicesACT
- CCContracts AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Business Analyst, SuperannuationNSW
- FTDigital Designer Jnr / MidOther
- FTSnr Java DeveloperVIC
- FTInternal Recruitment Coordinator - ITOther
- FTSenior PHP Developer - Symfony 2QLD
- FTFull Stack DeveloperQLD
- FT.Net Developer (WCF & WPF)Other
- FTPeopleSoft Campus Solution ConsultantOther
- FTLevel 2/3 Application Support SpecialistQLD
- FTSenior Microsoft SQL Designer/ArchitectOther