Toshiba and Sandisk have agreed to build a new memory chip plant in Japan to keep pace with surging demand for NAND flash memory, they said Wednesday.
PC World Business
Apple has released beta software that lets Mac users run Microsoft's Windows XP operating system on Intel-based Macintosh computers, it announced Wednesday.
Microsoft will release a beta of the next version of its speech and telephony server software in May, the company said Wednesday.
Hewlett-Packard (HP) plans to release business notebook PCs later this year with integrated global broadband wireless connectivity, the company said Tuesday.
Samsung Electronics will delay the U.S. launch of its Blu-ray Disc player by one month, the company said Monday.
Sega Holdings U.S.A. will acquire U.S. game developer Secret Level for an undisclosed amount, Sega announced Monday.
IBM and a small Silicon Valley start-up have developed a new, energy-efficient microprocessor aimed at users who want streaming live, high definition video on mobile devices, the companies said Monday.
Samsung Electronics has begun mass-producing 1G-bit flash memory chips using a more advanced manufacturing process, the company said Tuesday, helping to fuel the rapid growth in flash memory use for gadgets like digital cameras and MP3 players.
NTL's bid for British mobile phone company Virgin Mobile Holdings (UK) PLC has won the approval of Virgin Mobile's board, the companies announced Tuesday. The cash-and-stock offer values Virgin Mobile at £962 million (US$1.67 billion), NTL said.
Mobile phones built in 2007 could store twice as many photos as they do now with a super-dense NOR flash memory chip from Intel.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 3 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 4 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Net Neutrality: The July 12 Internet-Wide Day of Action protest and what to expect
- AMD, Nvidia coin mining graphics cards appear as gaming GPU shortage intensifies
- Microsoft shows the power of its Pen with a new Whiteboard app and other upgrades
- Wanawiki is the WannaCry fix that might save affected PCs—if you work fast
- Microsoft redesigns OneNote UI to make it more universally accessible
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- Linksys Velop mesh WiFi review
- Google WiFi review
- D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTMicrosoft Azure Cloud EngineerQLD
- FTAccount ClerkOther
- FTVesting and Decommissioning OfficerOther
- FTOnsite Helpdesk TechnicianOther
- FTNetwork ArchitectNSW
- TPEnterprise Solutions ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior Project ManagerOther
- FTChange Implementation ManagerOther
- FTAutomation SpecialistOther
- FTSenior Analyst Programmer (.Net)Other
- CCCognos Lead / Cognos DeveloperACT
- CCPalo Alto Network Security ExpertQLD
- CCSecurity Solution Architect - Financial Services - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTTeam Lead Enterprise Services & InfrastructureOther
- FTDigital BA | App Dev Environment | 6 month contract roleOther
- CCProgram ManagerNSW
- FTPeopleSoft Business Analyst - PageUp implementationOther
- FTIntegration Technical SpecialistOther
- FTSoftware EngineerOther
- CCCognitive Intelligence Creative ArchitectACT
- FTCloud Specialist/SME - TelcoOther
- FTCustomer Support OperatorSA
- FTBusiness Process Transition ManagerVIC
- CCTest Automation AnalystACT