Yahoo has acquired most of the technology from Meedio, which makes software that turns PCs into DVRs (digital video recorders) and digital media organizers and links them with television sets, Meedio announced on Monday.
PC World Business
Dell moved to solidify its position in the lucrative gaming market Tuesday by launching the XPS M1710, a dual-core processor machine designed to let gamers simultaneously play three-dimensional games while encoding music or scanning for viruses.
An injunction that could disrupt the distribution of the Xbox 360 game console is possible because of a patent suit Lucent Technologies filed against Microsoft, according to attorneys who practice intellectual property (IP) law.
As part of Microsoft's continued efforts to promote its anti-piracy campaign in China, Microsoft and Lenovo Group executives plan to sign a $US1.2 billion deal to cement a joint effort by the companies to provide genuine Windows software to Chinese c...
Users of Hewlett-Packard printers, scanners and cameras may be experiencing some problems after installing Microsoft's latest round of security patches, released late last week. The problems, which concern a Windows operating system patch numbered MS...
Microsoft has acquired U.K. gaming company Lionhead Studios for an undisclosed amount, ensuring some exclusive content for its Xbox console from the company that designed the popular "Fable" games.
HP is warning of a vulnerability in some of its printer driver software that could allow hackers to siphon information from a user's PC.
After Apple Computer Wednesday unveiled its Boot Camp software, enabling users of its new Intel-based machines to easily install Windows XP, the big question was, Why?
GoTalk Broadband Voice has released a USB memory stick that allows talkative types to plug into any PC in the world and VoIP away.
Toshiba and Sandisk have agreed to build a new memory chip plant in Japan to keep pace with surging demand for NAND flash memory, they said Wednesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Australian broadband speed ranking drops again despite NBN rollout
- Rowland says govt supressing unflattering NBN information
- nbn grows customer base, but suffers EBITDA loss
- [Updated] Labor has ruled out a Royal Commission into the NBN
- NBN: Labor to offer ‘greater proportion of fibre’, still not sold on FTTN
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTImplementation Consultant - SMSF SoftwareNSW
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCWindows Server EngineerNSW
- FTICT Contract AnalystWA
- CCProcess Improvement SpecialistVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- TPSenior Project ManagerQLD
- TPProject Manager. Enterprise wide IT ProjectsNSW
- CCSAP ISU Functional ConsultantVIC
- FTApplication Services AdministratorNSW
- CCSystems Specialist - Network Systems l Port MacquarieNSW
- FTTechnical WriterACT
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystWA
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTOSS Developer - BPM (Business Process Manager) SMEVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTProcess Analyst - Green BeltVIC
- FTSolution ConsultantVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Mobile ApplicationsQLD
- TPProduct ManagerVIC
- CCSystems AdminNSW
- FTElectronic Payments POS Business Analyst - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- TPChange ManagerNSW
- FTFinance AnalystNSW
- TPIntergration SpecialistQLD