Australian and New Zealand residents are the first in the world to be able sign up for Gmail without having to scrounge for invites from existing users.
PC World Business
Researchers say that small devices called "JitterBugs" could piggyback onto network connections to discreetly send passwords and other sensitive data over the Internet.
Sony Electronics has unveiled a wireless-enabled device aimed primarily at people who like to send text messages and make free calls over the Internet.
Pioneer is planning a new plasma display panel (PDP) factory in Japan.
A partnership between Optus and Hewlett-Packard (HP) will provide home, small and medium business users with broadband-enabled notebooks.
Microsoft has filed a patent-infringement complaint with the International Trade Commission (ITC) against Belkin for importing products the software company claims infringes on a patent it holds for peripheral device technology.
Fifty lucky residents in the Victorian alpine town of Mt Beauty will get access to free broadband as part of a trial by SP AusNet to test the viability of delivering Internet over power lines.
If its performance during a demonstration last week at Microsoft's annual Financial Analyst Meeting (FAM) is any indication, a voice-recognition feature in Windows Vista is not quite ready for prime time.
Video podcast support is coming to the PlayStation Portable (PSP) thanks to a firmware update Sony Computer Entertainment published on Thursday.
Apple Computer's iTunes Music Store added six new shows from Warner Bros. Entertainment, including the first season of the hit show "Friends" and sci-fi series "Babylon 5."
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 2 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 3 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 4 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 5 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft shows the power of its Pen with a new Whiteboard app and other upgrades
- Wanawiki is the WannaCry fix that might save affected PCs—if you work fast
- Microsoft redesigns OneNote UI to make it more universally accessible
- Google's Standalone VR and VPS address the clutter and clumsiness of virtual reality
- Digital signature service DocuSign hacked and email addresses stolen
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Asus launches laptops to start Computex 2017
- Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- TPProject Manager | Applications and Project InitiationQLD
- CCPega DeveloperVIC
- FTSales Lead - Healthcare systemsVIC
- FTSupport Engineer Level 3QLD
- CCSenior Systems EngineerQLD
- CCSenior Business Analyst (Data Analytics & Systems) - Contract - SydneyNSW
- FTService Desk Analyst Level 2 SupportQLD
- TPWeb Developer - Front End focusQLD
- FTIT Support EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Data EngineerNSW
- CCTechnical Support EngineerNSW
- CCJava / J2EE DeveloperVIC
- TPInstructional DesignerVIC
- TPProject Manager - SOE / Office 365VIC
- FTSolution Architect - Datacentre / StorageVIC
- FTNetwork EngineerSA
- CCSharepoint DeveloperVIC
- FTDigital Developer | LAMP Stack | Digital AgencyNSW
- CCBusiness Project Manager-Grant ManagementNSW
- FTJunior - Mid Level Technical Customer SupportQLD
- FTAccounts and Office AdministratorNSW
- FTSenior React DeveloperNSW
- FTSecurity ConsultantNSW
- CCReporting System Specialist - Port MacquarieNSW