"Is it possible to train machines to understand the way humans write and speak naturally, and to be able to then visualise people's ideas?" asks Sydney start-up Morf Interactive Communications when designing its artificial intelligence technology.
PC World Business
Any publicity is good publicity, or so they say. But after the furore that has erupted over what appears to be a stealth marketing campaign for the PlayStation Portable (PSP), Sony may have to rethink the marketer's maxim.
First it was chips, now it's LCDs . Authorities around the globe are investigating possible anticompetitive conduct in the LCD industry, according to activity at LG.Philips LCD offices.
Dell added Blu-ray disc capability to its notebook PC line on Monday, making an effort to compete with Sony and Toshiba in the growing market for mobile high-definition video platforms.
Gamers love Sony's new PlayStation 3 for its graphic capabilities and firepower, but the advanced Blu-ray DVD drive is annoying some by raising the cost, slowing production and forcing them to buy into a format they've not yet aligned with.
Microsoft has predicted it will sell 1 million Zune devices in its first six months, a figure that would be more than Zune's chief rival iPod sold in its first 14 months but a relatively slow start for the much-hyped MP3 device.
Yahoo put another music track without DRM (digital rights management) on sale through its Yahoo Music service Tuesday.
Free firewalls are better than their paid-for cousins. That is the surprising conclusion of a test of desktop firewalls by security researchers.
Next time you strap on your Nikes and plug in your iPod for a casual jog around the block, it might be a good idea to don a tin-foil cap too, as newly discovered security flaws in the Nike + iPod Sport Kit can expose the device to home-made tracking ...
NEC launched its latest laptop PC on Tuesday with a splash. A bottle of water was poured over the computer while it was operating to demonstrate its toughness to harsh environmental conditions.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 3 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 4 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Epson launches new high-speed Enterprise inkjet printer
- Apple to replace defective USB-C cables that shipped with some 12-inch MacBooks
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Microsoft beefs up its Surface Book and Surface Pro 4
- Toshiba's swanky Satellite Radius 12 laptop is brimming with cutting-edge features
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- Linksys Velop mesh WiFi review
- Google WiFi review
- D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCSolutions Designer / Technology LeadNSW
- FTSAP Project Manager- (Successfactor)Other
- FTTech Lead - FinTech - Product DevelopmentOther
- FTVMware Administrator- VCP certificationOther
- CCData Architect - Government - Contract - SydneyNSW
- FTSupport Officer - cost management & estimating co-ordinationOther
- FTSenior Security Analyst - TelecommunicationsOther
- FTSystem Engineer - VMWare, NetApp & Commvault BackUpVIC
- FTDesktop Support Engineer - L1Other
- TPSenior iOS DeveloperNSW
- FTSalesforce DeveloperOther
- FTService Desk Consultant - Level 2Other
- FTSenior Project ManagerOther
- FTBusiness Analyst/CoordinationSA
- FTProject Manager- Infrastructure & cloud computingOther
- FTAndroid Developer - PermanentWA
- FTOrganizational Change ManagerACT
- FTService Desk EngineerNSW
- FTSolution ConsultantVIC
- FTProject Manager - Identity Management ProjectOther
- CCSAP BO LeadNSW
- TPSenior Change Analyst - Major IT Transformation**NSW
- TPProgram ManagerQLD
- TPBusiness AnalystACT
- FTSenior Analyst Programmer (.Net)Other