Some of the world's largest manufacturers of blank optical-disc media are using the International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) that began in Las Vegas on Sunday to announce new discs for DVD, Blu-ray Disc and HD DVD.
PC World Business
At this week's International Consumer Electronics Show (CES), Samsung Electronics Co. will unveil a double-sided LCD (liquid crystal display) panel that can show different images on each side.
LG Electronics took a big step on Sunday towards the end of the next-generation DVD format battle with the unveiling of a player and PC drive that support both the Blu-ray Disc and HD DVD formats.
It was bound to happen: In the mess known as the high-def format wars, eventually, it was clear a manufacturer would cross party lines and release a single player capable of handling both Blu-ray Discs and HD DVD discs. The question wasn't if; it was...
German programmers have released two tools aimed at compromising Bluetooth devices, including PCs, at the Chaos Communications Congress in Berlin.
Apple has produced another "update" for its AirPort wireless networking system, claiming it improves compatibility between its laptops.
In an effort to duck criticism that its remote controllers can fly across the room when wrist straps break, Nintendo is offering free replacements for that part of its new Wii video gaming console.
Sony is confident it will hit shipment targets for its recently launched PlayStation 3 game console, its president said Thursday.
"Is it possible to train machines to understand the way humans write and speak naturally, and to be able to then visualise people's ideas?" asks Sydney start-up Morf Interactive Communications when designing its artificial intelligence technology.
Any publicity is good publicity, or so they say. But after the furore that has erupted over what appears to be a stealth marketing campaign for the PlayStation Portable (PSP), Sony may have to rethink the marketer's maxim.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 2 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 3 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 4 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft shows the power of its Pen with a new Whiteboard app and other upgrades
- Wanawiki is the WannaCry fix that might save affected PCs—if you work fast
- Microsoft redesigns OneNote UI to make it more universally accessible
- Google's Standalone VR and VPS address the clutter and clumsiness of virtual reality
- Digital signature service DocuSign hacked and email addresses stolen
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- MSI GE72 7RE Apache Pro gaming laptop review
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- TPPrimary Support Officer (Level 1)VIC
- FTNetwork Deployment ManagerVIC
- TPBI ConsultantNSW
- FTManager - Commercial ClientsACT
- FTClient Onboarding ManagerNSW
- CCVDI EngineerACT
- CCSenior Communications Advisor - Australian TelcoVIC
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- CCDesigner - Salesforce Marketing CloudVIC
- FTSenior iOS DeveloperNSW
- CCPHP DeveloperNSW
- FTIT Support / Desktop SupportSA
- CCSolution Architect with Magento experience wantedVIC
- TPLevel 2/3 Technical Service AnalystOther
- CCProcurement & Contract SpecialistNSW
- CCInfrastructure Test ManagerNSW
- TPSenior Java Developer - Contract till June 2018QLD
- CCJava DeveloperACT
- FTJunior - Mid Level Technical Customer SupportQLD
- FTTest AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Infrastructure Engineer (Windows & Virtualization)VIC
- FTChange Manager, Agile Environment, Financial ServicesNSW
- FTFull Stack .Net DeveloperWA