On tap: A color thesaurus, photonics, and book and magazine publishing
Networking & VoIP
Does the Australian community need protecting from the worst the Web has to offer? The government appears to think so. Here's short guide to the rocky road to internet filtering in Australia.
Protesters held rallies across Australian capital cities today to oppose the government's national clean feed Internet scheme, which will impose blanket content filtering for all web connections
From Internet-enabled appliances to wireless thermometers, we offer a tantalising list of cool kitchen toys.
Some days are just worse than others when it comes to network security. Here are our picks for some of the worst in history.
Windows Web sites worth a look
In this slideshow, we'll examine the very worst fictional characters that marketing departments have unleashed on the general public over the years, ranging from smarmy wireless salesmen to dotcom-promoting sock puppets to annoying graphics of paperclips that SIMPLY REFUSE TO GO AWAY not matter what you do.
Field Day lets ham radio operators prep for disaster.
In around about a month from now, Linksys will unleash its latest broadband router - the WRT160N - which specifically targets users who are after a more wireless networking range.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 2 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 3 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 4 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft shows the power of its Pen with a new Whiteboard app and other upgrades
- Wanawiki is the WannaCry fix that might save affected PCs—if you work fast
- Microsoft redesigns OneNote UI to make it more universally accessible
- Google's Standalone VR and VPS address the clutter and clumsiness of virtual reality
- Digital signature service DocuSign hacked and email addresses stolen
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Huawei P10 smartphone review
- Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTDatabase Engineer (Oracle)ACT
- FTUAT CoordinatorQLD
- CCChange AnalystVIC
- CCCCNP Network EngineerVIC
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerACT
- FTSystem Support Analyst, ERPNSW
- FTTeam Leader Solution DeliveryQLD
- FTIT Command Centre Support EngineerVIC
- FTDashboard Developer | up to $92 p/hrVIC
- FTLearning & Development Consultant, Wealth ManagementNSW
- FTLead Drupal DeveloperQLD
- FTApplication Support EngineerNSW
- TPProject Test ManagerQLD
- CCData AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Communications Advisor - Australian TelcoVIC
- TPLevel 1-3 Helpdesk OfficerQLD
- FTSenior Software EngineerACT
- FTSystem Analyst - IntegrationQLD
- TPAssistant Change Manager | System Implementation ProjectQLD
- FTIntegration and Implementation SpecialistVIC
- FTProject Manager HFC Capacity ManagementVIC