Netgear has released a new 4G LTE Modem offering mobile broadband, along with a fail-safe connectivity solution.
Networking & VoIP
Business does not always stay at the office. This is a fact of life that many business owners are deeply familiar with. When you're away and travelling, you probably don't have access to your work desktop. Likewise, clients and customers might call your office phone, only to be met with a voicemail inbox request. You won't know about that call until you return, which can lead to loss of money and time.
There’s no guarantee your business will never be hacked. Ransomware attacks and data exfiltration are plaguing Australia’s IT landscape.
We’re seeing a rapid expansion of cloud services to support increasing data storage requirements. And as data becomes more and more critical to success, so too does the ability of the data centre in supporting the growth of cloud solutions.
Google is working to accelerate the performance of its applications over the internet by building out a software-defined network at broad scale. On Tuesday, the company announced Espresso, a system that provides increased network performance to users of the company’s applications.
Much as we love WiFi, even the latest routers can have trouble reaching important places. For many people this means connecting a main computer or a games console to a router in another part of the house – and PC users don’t like connecting by WiFi: it’s just plain wrong (plus the unreliability of ping and connection speed is not good for things like gaming).
As expected the IEEE has ratified a new Ethernet specification -- IEEE P802.3bz – that defines 2.5GBASE-T and 5GBASE-T, boosting the current top end speed of traditional Ethernet five-times without requiring the tearing out of current cabling.
The BiPAC 8800AXL is Billion’s 802.11ac wireless router product, which can be used to distribute an ADSL2+ connection, or even fibre or mobile broadband. It’s a neat little unit that’s easy to install and use, and it proved to be reliable in our tests, though not as fast as we were expecting.
LinkedIn wants to help people get a job and advance their careers by incorporating its services into their mobile email.
For consumers looking forward to 5G mobile technology for super-high speed, network giant Ericsson says there will be more to it than that -- and less.
Bitdefender’s best-in-class security solutions have been awarded Product of the Year.
Featuring a high capacity ink tank system, that completely removes the need for cartridges - it comes with up to 2 years of ink in the box
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S9+ review: A predictably-exellent flagship uplifted by a standout camera
- 2 Panasonic Lumix G9 review: A mirrorless moulded to the needs of still-shooters
- 3 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 4 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 5 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
Join the newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Western Digital Announces Acquisition of Upthere
- OneDrive's file placeholders will return to Windows 10 as On-Demand Sync
- How Goldman Sachs and Bank of America use the cloud and containers
- Vodafone puts idle smartphones to work to fight cancer
- Google trumps Microsoft's 1TB of storage with unlimited space
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Everything You Can Do, I Can Do Better: Comparing The Google Home’s Assistant To Amazon Echo’s Alexa
- Hands On: Pitting the Apple HomePod against the Sonos One
- MWC 2018: Everything You Need To Know
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSecurity ManagerOther
- CCSenior Oracle Developer - Telecom domainVIC
- CCSystem Administrator (TRIM) - BrisbaneVIC
- FTGRC and Security Project ManagerOther
- FTFull stack DeveloperNSW
- FTERP Technical Analyst - PeoplesoftOther
- FTTechnical Business Analyst (Infrastructure)Other
- FTCommercial Contracts AnalystOther
- FTSAP ABAP (CRM)/ UI5 DevelopersOther
- TPChange and Training Manager - TRIMQLD
- CCSystem Engineer - InfrastructureNSW
- FTBig Data ArchitectOther
- FTInsights AnalystOther
- FTJava DeveloperOther
- CCHadoop DeveloperACT
- FTSolution ArchitectACT
- FTProject Manager/LeaderSA
- CCTivoli Netcool DeveloperVIC
- FTTechnical BA/Scrum MasterOther
- FTSenior Technical Project Manager - starting in 3-4 monthsACT
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Product MigrationOther
- FTNetwork Infrastructure Development EngineerNSW
- CCCloud Network EngineerVIC
- TPSystems AdministratorQLD