Just two months after Intel Corp. unveiled a package of chips codenamed McCaslin for ultramobile computers, the company rolled out a prototype device running McCaslin's successor, Menlow, at Computex.
Mobility & Wireless
If you're in any doubt that flash memory-based solid-state disks are on a course to quickly replace hard-disk drives in laptop computers, just take a look along the aisles of this year's Computex trade show.
Acer plans to start selling a Ferrari PDA (personal digital assistant), adding to a line of Ferrari-branded computer gear that already includes notebook PCs and a monitor.
Palm's financial future looked a little more secure Monday as private-equity firm Elevation Partners said it will pump US$325 million into the mobile device manufacturer.
Apple will launch its iPhone in the U.S. on June 29, it said in TV commercials that began airing on Sunday.
Even though major vendors have shifted their focus to expensive and profitable smartphones, shipments of PDAs (personal digital assistants) jumped nearly 40 percent in the first quarter of 2007, according to a new survey
Samsung Electronics Co. Thursday announced that it has developed an 8GB micro memory card for smart phones.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission has approved Apple's iPhone, clearing the way for the combined phone and music player to hit the shelves.
Motorola announced the Razr2 mobile phone and five other mobile devices on Tuesday with hopes the products will turn around the company's slumping sales and defend its turf from Apple's iPhone.
Research In Motion is taking its second stab at the high-end consumer market with the new BlackBerry Curve, even while Nokia unveils some of the least expensive handsets in its line-up.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Ring Video Doorbell review
- 2 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 4 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 5 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
Join the newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Net Neutrality: The July 12 Internet-Wide Day of Action protest and what to expect
- AMD, Nvidia coin mining graphics cards appear as gaming GPU shortage intensifies
- Microsoft shows the power of its Pen with a new Whiteboard app and other upgrades
- Wanawiki is the WannaCry fix that might save affected PCs—if you work fast
- Microsoft redesigns OneNote UI to make it more universally accessible
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- Ford Everest Trend RWD 3.2L Diesel review
- Ford Everest Trend in its natural habitat
- Linksys Velop mesh WiFi review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPTest AnalystNSW
- CCTest ManagerQLD
- FTAndroid Developer - PermanentWA
- FTDigital Business Analyst| 6 month contract roleOther
- FTWireless Systems EngineerOther
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- FTBusiness Development Lead - Digital StrategistOther
- FTBusiness Analyst - RetailOther
- TPBusiness Process AnalystVIC
- CCBusiness Support/Project AdministratorVIC
- TPNetwork ManagerNSW
- FT.Net DeveloperSA
- FTSearch Engine Optimisation SpecialistWA
- CCIteration ManagerVIC
- CCSenior IT Business AnalystVIC
- FTApplications Project ManagerQLD
- FTSolution Architect (Office 365 Specialist) - Adelaide BasedSA
- FTExecutive AssistantACT
- FTWeb Designer (Drupal 7)Other
- FTSenior Cloud Engineer and SME, AWS, AzureNSW
- FTSecurity Specialist - Threat DetectionOther
- FTDevops Automation EngineerVIC
- CCPeopleSoft Techno Functional consultantNSW
- TPKnowledge Management LeadVIC
- CCJava webMethods DeveloperWA