Just two months after Intel Corp. unveiled a package of chips codenamed McCaslin for ultramobile computers, the company rolled out a prototype device running McCaslin's successor, Menlow, at Computex.
Mobility & Wireless
If you're in any doubt that flash memory-based solid-state disks are on a course to quickly replace hard-disk drives in laptop computers, just take a look along the aisles of this year's Computex trade show.
Acer plans to start selling a Ferrari PDA (personal digital assistant), adding to a line of Ferrari-branded computer gear that already includes notebook PCs and a monitor.
Palm's financial future looked a little more secure Monday as private-equity firm Elevation Partners said it will pump US$325 million into the mobile device manufacturer.
Apple will launch its iPhone in the U.S. on June 29, it said in TV commercials that began airing on Sunday.
Even though major vendors have shifted their focus to expensive and profitable smartphones, shipments of PDAs (personal digital assistants) jumped nearly 40 percent in the first quarter of 2007, according to a new survey
Samsung Electronics Co. Thursday announced that it has developed an 8GB micro memory card for smart phones.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission has approved Apple's iPhone, clearing the way for the combined phone and music player to hit the shelves.
Motorola announced the Razr2 mobile phone and five other mobile devices on Tuesday with hopes the products will turn around the company's slumping sales and defend its turf from Apple's iPhone.
Research In Motion is taking its second stab at the high-end consumer market with the new BlackBerry Curve, even while Nokia unveils some of the least expensive handsets in its line-up.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Drupal fixes critical access bypass vulnerability
- Apple will return heat generated by data center to warm up homes
- Microsoft will cut services to standalone Office users so they’ll subscribe to Office 365
- Microsoft commits to a permament schedule for new Windows 10, Office updates
- A vigilante hacker may have built a computer worm to protect the IoT
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)VIC
- FTICT Relationship Manager - Service Delivery EnvironmentNSW
- FTProgram L&D Manager, Financial ServicesNSW
- CCSenior Domain ArchitectVIC
- CCSolution Architect - Audio Visual/Video DomainVIC
- FTLevel 3 Systems EngineerNSW
- FTIT Service Desk Manager - Team LeaderNSW
- FTPMO CoordinatorACT
- FTSenior Business Analyst, Wealth InvestmentNSW
- FTSalesforce Business AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Network Architect l CCNP/CCIE R&S l Cisco ACINSW
- TPSolution ArchitectQLD
- TPOffice 365 Deployment SupportQLD
- FTSenior Software Developer (C#.Net and VB.Net)SA
- TPAV Design SpecialistNSW
- CCOrganisational Change LeadNSW
- CCBusiness Project ManagerNSW
- FTSoftware Engineer - Build/Image MaintenanceACT
- FTTest AnalystNSW
- FTVDI EngineerACT
- CCCitrix SpecialistACT
- FTIntegration Specialist - TIBCONSW
- FTService Delivery ManagerNSW
- FTSystems Administrator - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FT.NET DeveloperWA