Expanding the range of its mobile photo sharing service, Instagram has introduced Instagram Direct, which allows users to send photos or short videos to a specific user or group of users.
Mobility & Wireless
Nokia has obtained permission to sell its Indian handset factory after it agreed to deposit funds as security until a dispute with the country's tax authorities is resolved.
A South Korean court on Thursday ruled against Samsung Electronics in a lawsuit that threatened to ban older iPhone and iPad models in the country for alleged patent infringement.
Qualcomm and competitor MediaTek are working on chipsets that will open the door for LTE in low-cost smartphones and tablets, allowing people all over the world to benefit from the higher speeds it offers.
Home appliances, cars and computers could soon be talking to one another thanks to an open source framework that has the backing of consumer electronics manufacturers in a new industry alliance.
More powerful processors will allow smartphone vendors to turn their high-end models into gaming consoles, but slower growth will also force them to focus more on improving their less expensive products next year.
Apple's iPhone could be getting a step closer to being officially offered on China's largest mobile network, after the nation's government finally issued 4G licenses to operate LTE TDD networks in the country.
If you are tired of carrying around an e-reader and a smartphone, the dual-screen YotaPhone, which went on sale in Europe on Wednesday, might be for you.
Windows tablets will gain market share in the coming years, but not fast enough to challenge the dominance of Google's Android and Apple's iOS, IDC said on Tuesday.
BlackBerry has upgraded its management platform Enterprise Server 10 (BES10) with more features for managing Android and iOS smartphones and has also improved scalability to lower overall costs.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 2 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 3 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 4 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 5 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Google's Espresso networking tech takes SD-WAN to internet scale
- IEEE sets new Ethernet standard that brings 5X the speed without disruptive cable changes
- LinkedIn aims to make email more professional, with LinkedIn Intro
- 5G will have to do more than send speed up your phone, Ericsson says
- Wireless world record: Researchers transfer data at 100Gbps through the air
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- MSI GE72 7RE Apache Pro gaming laptop review
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTUX ResearcherVIC
- FTLevel 1 Support OfficerQLD
- FTAgile CoachNSW
- FTSenior Infrastructure Engineer (Windows & Virtualization)VIC
- FTTest Analyst (Datawarehouse)SA
- CCState-wide Business Transition Lead - BrisbaneVIC
- CCIT Systems Administrator-Bathurst or Port MacquarieNSW
- CCDevOps Consultant - 12 month contractVIC
- CCC++ DeveloperNSW
- FTJunior - Mid Level Technical Customer SupportQLD
- CCDevOps Engineer with strong Docker skills - Contract - North Shore SydneyNSW
- FTEnterprise Architect - Technology and StrategyQLD
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- CCMicrosoft (Sharepoint) SpecialistNSW
- FTUrgent -Java Developer (Programmer). 3 different positionsNSW
- CCImplementation Manager/PlannerVIC
- FTIntermediate Project ManagerQLD
- FTProject Manager - Accountin Finance and AssetWA
- CCSenior Systems EngineerVIC
- CCSalesforce Marketing CloudNSW
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperNSW
- CCDevOps EngineerNSW
- FTSales Lead / Sales Executive - Enterprise IT Healthcare Perm - North RydeNSW
- FTSenior Procurement Specialist | 3mth ContractVIC