In Asia Pacific, an increasing number of companies are choosing to improve the efficiency of their field operations by deploying mobile technology throughout their workforce. Unfortunately, as these companies rush to embrace the business benefits mobile technology offers, many are selecting the wrong device for their needs. Consequently, they fail to realize these benefits or see a return on their mobility investment.
Mobility & Wireless
5G networks make sense in today’s digital world. Businesses are undergoing digital transformation, using technology so they can work smarter and take advantage of opportunities when they occur. A fast, mobile, flexible IT infrastructure is needed to meet these demands.
Netgear has released a new 4G LTE Modem offering mobile broadband, along with a fail-safe connectivity solution.
Routers may appear to be a dime a dozen in the consumer space. Many small businesses might be tempted with something like the excellent Linksys EA9500 with its fast WiFi and eight Ethernet ports, but it won’t be suited to many, advanced business needs. This is where you start needing to look at Draytek and, in particular the Vigor 2952.
DrayTek has long been synonymous with business-focused routers and the Vigor 2860Vac is one of the company’s first to offer the faster 802.11ac wireless standard. This allows a theoretical throughput of 1,300Mb/s on its 5GHz band and 300Mb/s on the 2.4GHz band simultaneously. It’s also ‘nbn Ready’ in that it supports VDSL2 so Fibre-to-the-Node and Fibre-to-the-Basement internet connections should work fine.
Facebook will begin test flights of its solar-powered Internet drone later this year, CEO Mark Zuckerberg said on Monday.
The saving grace for the declining tablet market is detachable devices, also called 2-in-1s, that can serve as both a laptop and a separate slate-style tablet.
The iPhone won't always be the moneymaker it once was.
Vodafone and the Garvan Institute of Medical Research have partnered in an attempt boost cancer research using Australian smartphones while their users sleep.
HP’s Pro Slate 8 Android tablet normally wouldn’t be a compelling product for us to review, but we became intrigued by the Duet Pen that’s offered with this model (and others) in the company’s Pro Slate business range. The goal is to aid pen input by allowing the user to actually write on a real paper pad.
Bitdefender’s best-in-class security solutions have been awarded Product of the Year.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S9+ review: A predictably-exellent flagship uplifted by a standout camera
- 2 Panasonic Lumix G9 review: A mirrorless moulded to the needs of still-shooters
- 3 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 4 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 5 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
Join the newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Dropbox and Salesforce Form Strategic Partnership
- MWC 2018: Intel and Huawei to showcase 5GNR public interoperability demonstration
- MWC 2018: Intel confirms OEM collaboration on 5G PCs
- RMIT Launches Developing Blockchain Strategy Course
- Apple & GE Announce IoT Partnership
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Everything You Can Do, I Can Do Better: Comparing The Google Home’s Assistant To Amazon Echo’s Alexa
- Hands On: Pitting the Apple HomePod against the Sonos One
- MWC 2018: Everything You Need To Know
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTService Management LeadOther
- FTProject Manager - ERP implementationOther
- TPSenior Solution ArchitectACT
- CCProduct Owner - TelcoVIC
- FTOBIEE DeveloperACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Supply Chain / LogisiticsVIC
- FTSalesforce/CRM Product Owner (CSPO)Other
- TPFinance Integration LeadQLD
- CCCisco Test SpecialistVIC
- FTIT Security EngineerOther
- CCLead Business AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Security SpecialistOther
- FTSales Training Coordinator / Systems TrainingNSW
- FTTechnical Quality Analyst (Payments, data, application integration)VIC
- FTServiceNow- Platform DesignerOther
- CCSystem Administrator (TRIM)QLD
- FTPeopleSoft Business AnalystNSW
- FTField Supervisor - Pit RemediationVIC
- FTSystem AdministratorOther
- FTApplication Support Analyst- SMSF AdministratorOther
- CCFull Stack Web DeveloperQLD
- FTSignalling Project ManagerWA
- CCTest ManagerQLD
- FTFull Stack DeveloperNSW
- FTHelp desk Support AnalystOther