Netgear has released a new 4G LTE Modem offering mobile broadband, along with a fail-safe connectivity solution.
Mobility & Wireless
Routers may appear to be a dime a dozen in the consumer space. Many small businesses might be tempted with something like the excellent Linksys EA9500 with its fast WiFi and eight Ethernet ports, but it won’t be suited to many, advanced business needs. This is where you start needing to look at Draytek and, in particular the Vigor 2952.
DrayTek has long been synonymous with business-focused routers and the Vigor 2860Vac is one of the company’s first to offer the faster 802.11ac wireless standard. This allows a theoretical throughput of 1,300Mb/s on its 5GHz band and 300Mb/s on the 2.4GHz band simultaneously. It’s also ‘nbn Ready’ in that it supports VDSL2 so Fibre-to-the-Node and Fibre-to-the-Basement internet connections should work fine.
Facebook will begin test flights of its solar-powered Internet drone later this year, CEO Mark Zuckerberg said on Monday.
The saving grace for the declining tablet market is detachable devices, also called 2-in-1s, that can serve as both a laptop and a separate slate-style tablet.
The iPhone won't always be the moneymaker it once was.
Vodafone and the Garvan Institute of Medical Research have partnered in an attempt boost cancer research using Australian smartphones while their users sleep.
HP’s Pro Slate 8 Android tablet normally wouldn’t be a compelling product for us to review, but we became intrigued by the Duet Pen that’s offered with this model (and others) in the company’s Pro Slate business range. The goal is to aid pen input by allowing the user to actually write on a real paper pad.
Optus is accelerating its 4G rollout across Australian regional areas, with 4G 2600MHz services now switched on in sites across 40 regional centres.
HP's business-centric ElitePad 1000 G2 tablet picks up the ball where it was dropped by the ElitePad 900. It has a more powerful processor at the helm, along with a larger allotment of RAM, it runs the 64-bit version of Windows 8.1, and it now has a 1920x1200-pixel, 10.1in screen as opposed to a 1280x800-pixel screen. Physically, the dimensions haven't changed, and this is so the new product can live in the ecosystem of accessories that was created for the 900.
Need a fuss free mobile printer for working on the go? The Brother PocketJet Thermal Printer is the perfect solution for today's workforce
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Join the newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple & GE Announce IoT Partnership
- Optimizely expands its enterprise-focused offerings
- Intel launches AI-driven anti-money laundering solution
- Square expands Australian offering with Square Stand
- Seagate joins Bain bid to take control of Toshiba Memory
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Jabra Elite Sport (2017) review
- How to download the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update right now
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCPenetration Test AnalystACT
- CCTechnical Writer - Based in BrisbaneNSW
- CCI&CS Communications LeadVIC
- FTFront End Developer - Ractive.JS (Urgent)Other
- FTTest Lead - Automation (energy and metering sector)Other
- FTPython DeveloperOther
- FTSenior Risk CoordinatorSA
- FTIntegration Specialist - TIBCOOther
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- FTSoftware EngineerWA
- FTTalent Acquisition Specialist - Large Blue Chip clientOther
- TPProject DirectorQLD
- FTSenior UX Service DesignerACT
- CCSAP FICO ConsultantVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTRegional Market Manager - Wide Bay RegionQLD
- TPOrganisational Change ManagerQLD
- CCSAP CRM Functional Consultants - Multiple rolesQLD
- CCMulesoft DeveloperVIC
- CCMid-Level Oracle SQL DeveloperACT
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Superannuation/WealthOther
- CCMessageQueue/DataPower AdministratorNSW
- CCTraining and Support LeadVIC
- CCAngular DevelopersACT
- FTProduct Manager (IT Clinical Systems) - Permanent - Syd, Melb or BrisbNSW