In the future, your Samsung vacuum cleaner or washing machine will run on an OS called Tizen RT, which is being released and detailed on Tuesday.
Over 100,000 internet-connected cameras may be falling prey to a new IoT malware that’s spreading through recently disclosed vulnerabilities in the products.
We’re seeing a rapid expansion of cloud services to support increasing data storage requirements. And as data becomes more and more critical to success, so too does the ability of the data centre in supporting the growth of cloud solutions.
Is a vigilante hacker trying to secure your IoT device from malware? The mysterious developer behind a growing computer worm wants people to think so.
Industrial IoT's big future is starting to become a reality, but many companies still don't think they're ready for it. Those are some of the findings in surveys released on Tuesday by the Business Performance Innovation Network and the Eclipse IoT Working Group.
More than 8.4 billion internet connected devices are estimated to be available in 2017, and Gartner estimates that number will reach 20.4 billion by 2020. In 2017, the consumer sector represents 63 percent of all devices in use, or 5.2 billion units.
Samsung has a portfolio of devices and appliances that would make Apple envious. But unlike Apple, Samsung devices don't work well together.
Wind River, an IoT software division of Intel, wants to help industrial users bring their legacy machine-to-machine systems into the age of open source and cloud computing.
Efforts to stop Mirai, a malware found infecting thousands of IoT devices, have become a game of whack-a-mole, with differing opinions over whether hackers or the security community are making any headway.
The New Zealand Navy has deployed systems monitoring and management technology from Siemens throughout two of its warships saying the deployment has made it the first navy in the world to “achieve unmanned machinery space on a warship.”
Work / Life balance, Windows 10 allows you to get the best of both worlds.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 2 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 3 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 4 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 5 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Windows 10 S laptops won't let you switch from Edge or Bing
- Gboard 6.1 beta refines voice input, GIF search
- Google app beta indicates Goggles-like Visual Search may be on the horizon
- Google makes it easier to summon Assistant in Allo, adds in-app GIF searching
- Microsoft moves Cortana and Bing into Microsoft Research to accelerate new features
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- MSI GE72 7RE Apache Pro gaming laptop review
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- CCSQL Server Database Specialist l Bathurst LocationNSW
- FTSr Infrastructure Automation EngineerACT
- FTSolution Architect - NetworksNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence / Datawarehouse DeveloperSA
- FTNV1 Cleared Software Configuration Engineer - Defence Projects - North Ryde areaNSW
- CCProcess Improvement Specialist - TelcoVIC
- FTLooking for Lead Solution ArchitectACT
- FTSolution ArchitectSA
- CCJunior .NET DeveloperQLD
- CCDesigner - Salesforce Marketing CloudVIC
- FTSenior Business Analyst, Wealth ManagementNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystVIC
- TPSharepoint DeveloperQLD
- CCImplementation Manager/PlannerACT
- FTTest AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Analyst Programmer - Equities or DerivativesNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- TPAgile Projet AdministratorVIC
- TPAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTProject Manager Large ICT Enabled Business Change ProjectQLD
- FTOperations Manager - NV1 Cleared - Defence Projects - North Ryde areaNSW
- CCImplementation Manager/PlannerSA
- TPServiceNow ConsultantVIC