Most people perceive Japan as being at the cutting edge of technology. It comes as a surprise then to many visitors that the WiFi coverage is patchy and getting a full prepaid mobile service is nigh on impossible. Even just sorting out mobile data p...
PC World Business
The cost of laser printers has come down dramatically over the years, making it more of an easy purchase than it used to be. For students and those just setting up a new home office, this means a mass printing device can be bought for very little ini...
Brother’s new range of multifunction inkjet printers for the second half of 2014 includes two models for home office users, as well as two models for small business users that need a bit more oomph. It’s Brother’s first foray into the inkjet business...
On some laptops, you may have noticed a change in brightness as you go from a screen with a dark background to a screen with a bright background. On a dark background, the screen will dim automatically, while on a bright background it will brighten. ...
To transfer data between an Android smartphone or tablet and a computer, you used to have to connect them via a USB cable. These days, plenty of Cloud services are available, which allow you to keep data from a phone or tablet in sync with a computer...
Some of the Windows 8 tablets on the Australian market have an HDMI port on their side, which can make it a relatively easy task to output video from the tablet onto a TV screen. In this instance, all you will need is the relevant adapter for your de...
Windows 8 tablets are convenient for watching videos that are streamed from the Web. Sometimes, though, when you are finished watching a full-screen video, there is no way to get out of it unless you have a physical keyboard attached (usually via Blu...
If you are using a tablet device running Windows 8 or Windows 8.1, and you don’t have a keyboard, taking a screen shot while you are in the Modern UI (Metro interface) requires a little bit of effort.
The "inkjet vs. laser" printer stereotypes are becoming less accurate. Once home-oriented, inkjets now include models that are sufficiently fast and capable to keep up with an office's demands. By the same token, the workhorse laser and LED printers ...
If you're in the market for a Lenovo laptop, you need to know which model will best suit your needs. Lenovo has three different laptop ranges: ThinkPad, IdeaPad and Essential. There are different series available within these ranges, so it's not a cl...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 2 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 3 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 4 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 5 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Conservative group takes credit for anti-net neutrality comments
- FCC hit with DDoS attacks after John Oliver takes on net neutrality
- Most U.S. households have ditched landlines for mobile phones
- US bill aims to quash Open Internet Order, prevent its return
- US appeals court won't rehear a challenge to net neutrality rules
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Asus launches laptops to start Computex 2017
- Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTBusiness Process ConsultantNSW
- FTService Delivery Manager - Telecommunications InfrastructureNSW
- FTFull Stack .Net DeveloperWA
- FTSenior Microsoft EngineerVIC
- CCCloud Architect - AWSVIC
- CCPega DeveloperWA
- CCGIS Consultant/ Developer - BRISBANEQLD
- FTSr Infrastructure Automation EngineerACT
- CCSoftware & Applications Programmer/DeveloperACT
- FTIT Support EngineerNSW
- FTInformation Management Business Capability AnalystACT
- FTsolution ArchitectNSW
- FTSupport OfficerSA
- FTManual TesterACT
- CCBusiness Analyst - Banking/FinanceNSW
- FTProject Manager - Accountin Finance and AssetWA
- FTCustomer Account Officers x3NSW
- CCWintel Server EngineerNSW
- CCJava Developer - IntergrationQLD
- FTUAT CoordinatorQLD
- CCSenior Communications Advisor - Australian TelcoVIC
- CCDevOps Engineer with strong Docker skills - Contract - North Shore SydneyNSW
- CCSenior Project CoordinatorNSW
- FTTechnical WriterACT