G.SKILL International Enterprise Co has announced a new lineup of Trident Z RGB DDR4 memory kits with enhanced compatibility on the latest AMD platforms.
System Memory (RAM)
We visited Crucial's home turf to see what was coming.
We rocked up to Kingston and sub-brand, HyperX's suites at Computex to see what was new.
A gallery of Team Group's Computex display including specs and performance figures.
The very simple guide to what to buy
In the next year or two, Hewlett Packard Enterprise will add support for Intel Optane storage to its latest Unix servers.
Minor relief is in sight next year, when prices of memory and NAND flash will start to gradually decline. But prices will plummet big time in 2019, said Jon Erensen, research director for semiconductors at Gartner.
Foxconn, the Taiwanese electronics manufacturer is best known as the maker of iPhones and iPads for Apple, is said to be preparing a $27 billion bid acquire Toshiba's computer chip assets.
Intel's new Optane Memory is aimed at non-enthusiast users, but only those with at least a Core i3. Celeron- and Pentium-based PCs are out.
More DDR memory is on the way, despite many predictions that its time would soon be up.
Intel's spanking new high-capacity Optane SSD is cool, but drives from other storage vendors based on the 3D Xpoint technology could be coming later this year.
Intel debuts Optane Memory as a "revolutionary" technology that could make hard drives feel like SSDs, but enthusiasts were hoping for more.
When you look at RAM it’s easy to think that the big, beefy modules with the fancy heat-spreaders are are going to make your computer fly along. If you’re a competitive overclocker then this is probably the case and this review isn’t for you.
Corsair’s Vengeance LPX 2400MHz memory kit (Code: CMK16GX4M2A2400C16) is what we use in the PC World Test Rig. It’s designed for high performance overclocking which is beyond the needs of most users, but that won’t stop regular PC builders wanting a good kit in their system.
Intel's Optane technology is already shipping in the form of storage, but you'll have to wait until next year to buy Optane memory modules.
Need a collaboration tool for the modern office environment? Read this senior executive's review to find out more!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Join the newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- G.SKILL Releases New AMD Compatible Trident Z RGB kits
- HPE is bringing Optane storage to Unix servers
- Prices of SSDs and DRAM will crash in 2019, Gartner predicts
- Foxconn said to offer $27B for Toshiba's memory chip business
- Intel's speed-boosting Optane Memory won't work with Celeron and Pentium PCs
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- iPhone 8
- Canon 6D MK II: Full, in-depth review
- Panasonic’s EX600U UHD HDR TV + HTB688 soundbar:
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPSenior Workbrain Functional ConsultantQLD
- TPBusiness Analyst - RoboticsNSW
- CCContent WriterNSW
- FTIT Service Delivery ManagerOther
- CCSolution Engineer - RF/HFC - TelcoVIC
- CCCRM Support DeveloperWA
- FTCommunications Specialist- Change / MarketingOther
- FTEnterprise Architect - ApplicationsOther
- CCIT Project CoordinatorVIC
- TPProject CoordinatorACT
- FTInfrastructure ArchitectOther
- CCData ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Telco - Melbourne CBDVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - BI & ReportingNSW
- FTSenior Capacity PlannerVIC
- CCJunior Test AnalystACT
- CCSenior IT Project ManagerVIC
- FTChange Manager - must have experience working in Fin ServicesOther
- FTDigital Copywriter/ Content ProducerOther
- FTEAI DeveloperACT
- FTDigital Reporting AnalystOther
- CCBusiness Analyst / DesignerNSW
- FTPega / BPM DevelopersACT
- FTBusiness AnalystOther