Rapoo's thin, E9090P wireless keyboard features a touchpad on the right side, making it a good model to consider if you want to control a media centre computer from the comfort of your lounge. It adds a bit of convenience that we haven't seen in othe...
PC Components - Reviews
Mechanical keyboards have a completely different feel to the membrane-based board that may have been supplied with your computer. And depending on the type of mechanical keyboard you buy, that will feel different to other mechanical keyboards. It's a...
The Kone series of mice fall in the upper range of Roccat’s product portfolio, and variations include the regular Kone Pure, the Kone Pure Colour, and the Kone Pure Optical. For this review, we’ll look at the basic version of Kone Pure, which lacks t...
Roccat Ryos MK Pro carries over the design elements of the Isku FX and replaces the membrane with mechanical keys. The Isku FX stood out for its affordability, but the addition of mechanical keys to the Ryos MK Pro has essentially doubled the price. ...
AMD has always been a bit of a fan favourite among the system builder crowd, thanks mainly to value for money parts, and the fact that it is seen as being an underdog these days, and everyone loves an underdog. With the release of the A10-7800 APU (a...
The Cooler Master CM Storm Mech is a high-end mechanical keyboard for haedcore gamers -- especially for those involved in eSports.
Logitech’s latest wireless gaming mouse has 8 customisable extra buttons (11 buttons total) for those PC games that like to bind half the keys on the keyboard to various in-game functions.
Logitech’s Z600 speaker system offers Bluetooth connectivity laptops and mobile devices, and includes a USB adapter for older, Bluetooth-less PCs.
Armaggeddon [sic] is not a brand that is too well known within the gaming community, but it’s one that is pushing hard into the market. Established in late 2011 in Singapore, Armaggeddon has already introduced several PC gaming peripherals in the spa...
Danish peripheral manufacturer, SteelSeries, has several lines of gaming-focused headphones, and the Flux line is at the upper end of the scale. The regular Flux headset comes with different colour options, but if you want a more premium look you can...
A basic optical mouse may be fine for the casual gamer playing Solitaire on their PC, but it simply will not cut it with modern games that demand precision and responsiveness.
High-end graphics cards are a niche market; gamers who want the best of the best are a picky bunch, and are equally likely to buy two better-value mid-range cards and team them up rather than opt for a single high-powered slice of silicon. The GTX 78...
The Sensei is a premium gaming mouse with lots of customisation options, and even a built-in ARM processor. But are all its bells and whistles really necessary?
The Rapoo 6610 is a travel-sized optical mouse that has the distinguishing feature of supporting both Bluetooth 3.0 and a proprietary 2.4GHz wireless dongle. That’s its one and only distinguishing feature – it’s fortunate such a setup is rare, or thi...
A hardcore gamer knows that mechanical switch-based keyboards are the way to go when it comes to PC gaming, but they are often too expensive and too noisy for more casual gamers. Membrane-based keyboards such as the SteeelSeries Apex are a good alter...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- EVGA's GTX 1080 FTW2 and SC2 graphics cards get updated with faster memory
- Qualcomm: First Windows 10 ARM PC coming in the fourth quarter
- User-created patch lets Kaby Lake and Ryzen PCs receive Windows 7 updates
- Samsung ready to make chips faster than the ones in Galaxy S8
- Prices of SSDs and DRAM will crash in 2019, Gartner predicts
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSystems Engineer | MSP backgroundVIC
- FTSenior Analyst ProgrammerACT
- FTSecurity ConsultantQLD
- CCIT Information Architect..VIC
- FTMid-Level .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- CCTelecommunication Business SpecialistVIC
- CCSenior System AdministratorQLD
- CCService Delivery Analyst -Port MacquarieNSW
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)SA
- FTService Desk - Level 1 SupportVIC
- TPBusiness Analyst | DETQLD
- FTUser Support AnalystNSW
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- CCVMware AdministratorNSW
- FTIT Security RolesACT
- FTDrupal Developer - Senior or Mid levelQLD
- FTAEM Technology Lead - Blue Chip companyNSW
- FTSAP ABAP Technical specialistACT
- FTProduct LeadVIC
- FTProcess Analyst - Green BeltVIC
- FTHelpdesk AnalystNSW
- FTL&D Consultant, Wealth AdvisorNSW
- FTTest AnalystACT
- FTGeospatial Data AnalystVIC