With the Ryzen desktop chips already launched, AMD's attention is turning to the mobile and commercial PC markets with the upcoming Ryzen Mobile and Ryzen Pro chips.
It's called Threadripper, and it will be the first consumer-focused chip with 16 cores and 32 threads of computing power. Due out this summer, Intel should be worried about this monster.
It's the end of the line for Intel's Itanium chip, a troubled processor family that spawned many product delays and bad blood between HP and Oracle.
Low-cost smartphones like the Moto G5 introduced a few months ago are now shipping with Qualcomm chips that will soon be outdated.
AMD's Ryzen chips are off to a strong start in desktops, and more chips are coming in the second half of this year.
Intel is forecasting a "slight decline" in its premium chip prices for the remainder of the year, and AMD's Ryzen chips could have played a part in that.
If you want a Windows 10 PC that doesn't have an x86 chip from Intel or AMD, your wish will be granted in the fourth quarter.
A new user-created patch lets Kaby Lake and Ryzen PCs get updates on Windows 7 or 8—but it may be more trouble than it's worth.
Samsung is now ready to produce faster and even more power-efficient chips than the ones used in the latest Galaxy S8 smartphones.
If you have a PC running Windows 7 or 8.1 and the latest silicon from AMD or Intel, your updates are soon to be blocked.
With the Ryzen 5 1500X and Radeon RX 480, it's finally possible to build a compelling all-AMD gaming PC—and a 4-core, 8-thread computer that doesn't break the bank.
AMD's versatile Ryzen 5 1600X is the best mainstream processor you can buy, and the key to creating an all-around PC for work AND play without breaking the bank.
Dumping Moore's Law is perhaps the best thing that could happen to computers, as it'll hasten the move away from an aging architecture holding back hardware innovation.
The AMD Ryzen 5 1600X challenges Intel's popular Core i5-7600K for best $350 CPU. Here's what the benchmarks told us.
AMD's answer to Ryzen performance problems is the Ryzen Balanced power plan for Windows 10, which promises to boost speed by up to 21 percent.
With no financial or accounting background it can be tricky for small business owners to get on top of their financials. Reckon One can help you overcome this challenge.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 2 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 3 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 4 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 5 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- AMD's Ryzen Mobile chips are ready for liftoff, with the new Ryzen Pro not far behind
- It's official: AMD's Threadripper will bring a 16-core, 32-thread monster to the desktop
- Intel's Itanium, once destined to replace x86 in PCs, hits end of line
- Low-cost Android phones to get iPhone features with new Qualcomm chips
- AMD shares timing for Ryzen 3, mobile chips and Vega GPUs
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- MSI GE72 7RE Apache Pro gaming laptop review
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- TPSenior Web Developer/Consultant - ServiceNowNSW
- FTWeb Developer - VR 3D WebGL - Lake MacquarieNSW
- FTSales Client Services Manager (Mid-market)QLD
- FTSoftware EngineerWA
- CCSQL Server Database Specialist l Bathurst LocationNSW
- TPProject ManagerVIC
- FTSolution Architect - Datacentre / StorageQLD
- FTSenior Solution Designer/ ConsultantVIC
- FTSenior Business AnalystACT
- FTL2/L3 Desktop Technician - FIFOWA
- FTWireless Networking ConsultantNSW
- FTDatabase Engineer (Oracle)ACT
- FTSenior Infrastructure Business AnalystVIC
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCWeb Designer - IT Graphics / UI DesignerQLD
- FTBusiness Intelligence Analyst - Microsoft BI Stack - NewcastleNSW
- CCPega DeveloperWA
- FTDigital ProducerNSW
- CCState-wide Business Transition LeadQLD
- CCInfrastructure Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst - GROUP LIFE INSURANCENSW
- FTSQL DBA SpecialistVIC
- FTService Desk Analyst Level 2 SupportQLD
- CCVDI EngineerACT