Nvidia on Monday licensed an important technology for its graphics cards to work with Intel's latest Nehalem processors, but friction between the vendors over the processor microarchitecture will continue to linger, an analyst said.
PC Components - News
Advanced Micro Devices will soon launch a graphics card that supports Microsoft's DirectX 11, which aims to make graphics in Windows 7 seem smoother and more realistic.
Microsoft's newest operating system for PCs will launch in late October, but it won't boost PC sales enough to help the global DRAM memory chip market until the second quarter of next year, executives in Taiwan said Thursday.
The sale of microprocessors is bucking the economic downturn, as the number of PC processors sold rose about 10 percent during the second quarter compared to the first three months of this year, according to market research company IDC.
Nvidia on Thursday disclosed a charge of US$119.1 million for its second fiscal quarter, ended July 26, to cover costs related to a faulty die and weak packaging material used in its graphics chips.
nVidia has introduced the OptiX interactive ray tracing engine, which is part of a suite of application-acceleration engines aimed at software developers who create high-end 3D suites. These engines are designed to be integrated into 3D modelling, an...
Details of an upcoming Core i5 processor from Intel have surfaced on a retailer's Web site.
Windows 7 may loom, but Nvidia Inc. is bucking the trend, releasing a second member of its ION graphics platform targeted at netbook and net-top PCs running Windows XP.
At the SIGGRAPH graphics conference in New Orleans this week, the Khronos Group announced the release of OpenGL 3.2. The new revision of the graphics API standard, along with the accompanying OpenGL Shading Language 1.50, adds quite a few new feature...
AMD announced the AMD 785G chipset. Designed to be at the core of the mainstream PC for Windows 7, it features the ATI Radeon HD 4200 graphics technology, DirectX 10.1 gaming, and multi-core processing for Windows 7-capable systems.
Nvidia Inc.'s charge that sales of its Ion graphics platform are being unfairly hampered by Intel Corp.'s bundling and predatory pricing tactics have so far gained the graphics vendor some public sympathy, but little more.
Advanced Micro Devices introduced a new chipset on Monday with an integrated graphics core that provides a better high-definition video experience compared to earlier chipsets, the company said.
Looks like we'll be waiting a little longer for USB 3.0 after all. The Inquirer is reporting that Asus plans to ditch the snazzy USB 3.0-equipped P6X68 mobo that I wrote about last week. The highly anticipated board was to be the worlds first with Su...
Chip shipments more than doubled in the second quarter compared to the first at contract chip makers United Microelectronics (UMC) of Taiwan and its smaller rival Semiconductor Manufacturing International (SMIC) of China, another sign the global chip...
AMD has announced a new flagship model in its line of workstation-class graphics cards, the ATI FirePro V8750. The company has also debuted the S400 genlock and framelock add-on board for use in video editing suites, and announced that its CrossFire ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Ring Video Doorbell review
- 2 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 4 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 5 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
Join the newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- AMD's Ryzen Pro launch reveals Ryzen 3 details
- AMD, Nvidia coin mining graphics cards appear as gaming GPU shortage intensifies
- Radeon Vega Frontier Edition: Benchmarks and behind-the-scenes AMD interview
- Hands-on: AMD's Radeon Vega Frontier Edition vs Nvidia Titan Xp
- What the Radeon Vega Frontier Edition's specs and pricing mean for PC gamers
PCW Evaluation Team
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
- Ford Everest Trend RWD 3.2L Diesel review
- Ford Everest Trend in its natural habitat
- Linksys Velop mesh WiFi review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTProcurement Officer (GITC)Other
- FTManager, Business Intelligence & Integration SystemsNSW
- CCSolutions Designer / Technology LeadNSW
- FTSystem Engineer - VMWare, NetApp & Commvault BackUpVIC
- FTLead Change Manager- Infra (Govt. background)Other
- FTTest AnalystOther
- FTData & Analytics Business Development PrincipalOther
- CCUX DesignerNSW
- FTIT Service Delivery ManagerNSW
- TPSenior .NET AWS DeveloperNSW
- FTTalent Acquisition Specialist - Large Blue Chip clientOther
- CCSCCM EngineerNSW
- TPProduct OwnerVIC
- FTDatastage DeveloperOther
- FTSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTService Delivery ManagerVIC
- FTSenior PHP ProgrammerSA
- CCTest Manager - BrisbaneNSW
- FTDevOps Lead / Identity Services Security LeadOther
- FT3rd Line IT EngineerOther
- TPData Migration ManagerNSW
- TPICT Project CoordinatorACT
- TPProject Manager (SharePoint)VIC
- FTPHP Developer (Moodle)SA
- FTLevel 2/3 Application Support SpecialistQLD