Chip designer Arm this week showed its first processor made using the advanced 28-nanometer manufacturing process, which should improve battery life and functionality in future smartphones.
PC Components - News
The SIM cards in cellular telephones might be smaller than a postage stamp and less than a millimeter thick but that hasn't stopped South Korea's SK Telecom from cramming all the major components needed to run Google's Android OS inside one of them.
Acer has spilled details hinting at an imminent release date for Nvidia's latest Ion 2 graphics platform, which could potentially turn netbooks into multimedia powerhouses.
Intel’s research labs have prototyped a resilient microprocessor that delivers as much as 41 percent more throughput using the same amount of energy as a comparable conventional core.
Former US military security specialist Christopher Tarnovsky has found a weakness in Infineon's SLE66 CL PE.
Intel said this week that it plans to launch its embedded storage chip, code-named Jasper Forest, in the next several days.
Rumors are hinting that an upgrade to Apple's MacBook Pro notebook line could be coming in the near future. The rumour comes courtesy of French site Nowhere Else, which claims that Apple will reveal updated Macbook Pro's featuring Intel's newest Core...
Following up the recent launch of its Radeon HD 5450, ATI today announced the Radeon HD 5570. This new card supports DirectX 11 and OpenGL 3.2, and is designed with small-form-factor desktop PCs in mind.
Advanced Micro Devices on Tuesday offered more details about its forthcoming Fusion processor, including the speed, power consumption and plans to begin shipping samples in the first half of this year.
After about a year of delays, Intel today took the wrappers off its high-end Itanium processor - code-named Tukwila.
IBM on Monday launched its latest Power7 processor, which adds more cores and improved multithreading capabilities to boost the performance of servers requiring high up time.
Thanks to a change in recipe, IBM has created a graphene-based processor that can execute 100 billion cycles per second (100GHz), almost four times the speed of previous experimental graphene chips.
Advanced Micro Devices will put more focus on tightly integrating graphics processor cores into mainstream servers starting 2012 as it tries to increase system performance, a company executive said.
Intel on Thursday announced a new vPro platform for its Core processors to make remote maintenance and management of PCs easier in an enterprise.
The folks at Intel Corp. aren't just happy to be geeks. They're proudly flaunting it in two new ads that will air during this weekend's Super Bowl.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 3 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 4 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- AMD's Ryzen Pro launch reveals Ryzen 3 details
- AMD, Nvidia coin mining graphics cards appear as gaming GPU shortage intensifies
- Radeon Vega Frontier Edition: Benchmarks and behind-the-scenes AMD interview
- Hands-on: AMD's Radeon Vega Frontier Edition vs Nvidia Titan Xp
- What the Radeon Vega Frontier Edition's specs and pricing mean for PC gamers
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- Linksys Velop mesh WiFi review
- Google WiFi review
- D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTProject Manager- Infrastructure & cloud computingOther
- FTSenior Project ManagerOther
- FTBusiness Analyst - RetailOther
- CCData AnalystACT
- FTNetwork Solution Architect -Telecommunications InfrastructureOther
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- CCJava Team LeaderQLD
- FTAgile Project ManagerOther
- FTTest Manager - Applications - NSW GovernmentOther
- FTFixed Broadband SMEOther
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- FTClient EngineerNSW
- FTDevOps Lead / Identity Services Security LeadOther
- FTAgile Scrum Master/TrainerOther
- FTWindows 10 Project EngineerOther
- FTApplication Support Lead l Experience with health applicationsNSW
- FTPHP Developer (Back-End Focus)QLD
- FTSAP Project ManagerOther
- CCInstructional DesignerNSW
- FTProduct/Project Coordinator-AGILE/SCRUMOther
- FTField Engineers - Telecommunications ProjectsNSW
- FTOffice & Operations AdministratorNSW
- TPSenior Communications ManagerACT