AMD's Zen chip is just around the corner; it'll first come to gaming systems any day now. There's a lot of excitement about Zen, which AMD believes is its most important chip this decade.
PC Components - News
Nvidia wants you to download, install, and use GeForce Experience 3.0 for a chance to win a copy of Gears of War 4.
CPU performance increases were ignored for years, but AMD put them back on the map with its upcoming Zen chip. This has rubbed off on Intel in a good way.
Intel's has reached Kaby Lake with its PC chips but isn't done with the previous generation Skylake architecture quite yet.
AMD has a clear-cut business plan: Its upcoming 32-core Zen chip will bring it back into high performance servers, and the company has expressed a desire to make high-performing GPUs for such systems.
AMD's Radeon Pro WX graphics cards will drive content creation for games and VR.
The VRMs on EVGA's GeForce GTX 10-series graphics cards can get hot in extreme circumstances, so the company's rolling out two fixes.
It's deal time! With its next-gen Zen chips just around the corner, AMD wants to unload AM3+ motherboards, and PCs that use them.
The Game Ready 375.57 driver Nvidia released on Friday broke some Windows 10 features, but it was quickly replaced.
AMD's slashing the price of the Radeon RX 460 and Radeon RX 470 with newfound competition from Nvidia on the horizon.
Samsung today announced a new 8GB DRAM package with 10-nanometer-class process circuitry that has twice the capacity and twice the speed of DDR4 DRAM used in PCs.
Nvidia's new GeForce GTX 1050 and GeForce GTX 1050 Ti graphics cards are downright affordable and don't require any extra power connectors.
Shadow Warrior 2 is the first traditional PC game to include Nvidia's multi-resolution shading technology, and it's a game changer.
RIP, AMD Gaming Evolved.
Why is AMD FreeSync more widely-available than Nvidia G-Sync? Monitor makers weigh in.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- EVGA's GTX 1080 FTW2 and SC2 graphics cards get updated with faster memory
- Qualcomm: First Windows 10 ARM PC coming in the fourth quarter
- User-created patch lets Kaby Lake and Ryzen PCs receive Windows 7 updates
- Samsung ready to make chips faster than the ones in Galaxy S8
- Prices of SSDs and DRAM will crash in 2019, Gartner predicts
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSolution ConsultantVIC
- TPBusiness Intelligence AnalystQLD
- FTIT ArchitectNSW
- FTChange CoordinatorACT
- CCSAP FIORI Technical SpecialistQLD
- TPProject ManagerQLD
- CCApplication Developer - VB.Net, WCF, Production SupportACT
- FTLevel 2/ 3 Systems AdministratorVIC
- TPSolution ArchitectQLD
- TPProject CoordinatorNSW
- TPData AnalystVIC
- TPSecurity Controls Specialist - ISO 27002VIC
- CCFirewall EngineerNSW
- FTTeam Leader Application SupportVIC
- CCSCCM ConsultantACT
- FTSenior Solutions Architect - Network & Unified ComunicationsACT
- TPInfrastructure ArchitectQLD
- FTPayroll Systems AnalystQLD
- CCProject Manager - DigitalisationQLD
- CCChange AnalystACT
- CCJava Developer IntegrationQLD
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- TPPHP Developer - Immediate startQLD
- FTTechnical WriterACT
- TPProject Manager | HealthQLD