Most people can figure out how to install RAM sticks into their computer. If you don’t there’s a tutorial here. In short, make sure everything is off and then install the sticks to take advantage of the multiple channels on offer. Your motherboard ma...
PC Components - Guides
Different people prefer different keyboards so to some extent rating them is like rating art. Nonetheless, grouping them together for a test is very useful because what specs suggest can be very different to what happens in reality.
FreeSync is an open software standard for PC games that has been devised by AMD to provide smoother motion and eliminate image tearing, all without reducing frame rates and impacting gameplay. It does this by synchronising the graphics adapter’s fram...
Everyone has had the experience of staring at the back of a machine, device, or gadget, scratching their head, gazing in bewilderment at some unfamiliar cable port.
Choosing a CPU for your new computer is never easy, especially if it's been a while since your last purchase; it's difficult to know exactly what to look for. In September, Intel launched its Core i5 CPU.
Be it in a media centre, a notebook or a regular desktop computer, a TV tuner card allows you to enjoy television through your PC.
There are three integral components to a desktop PC that can 'make or break' your system: the motherboard, the memory and the central processing unit, or CPU.
Whether you are looking for a cost-effective backup solution, or you just want to share files with your friends, a CD writer is pretty much an essential ingredient of any PC these days.
The motherboard is one of the most important components in any PC, but few people are aware of what it actually does. This guide will give you the knowledge to make an informed decision.
Uninterruptible Power Supply, or UPS are designed to save you heartache and money.
Don't know which DVD writer is right for backing-up large volumes of office data or storing digital pics? This buying guide is for you.
This buying guide will explain to you the relevant sound card technology, specs and must-know facts, ensuring you make the right purchase decision.
Whatever you're doing on your PC, its taking up valuable space in your system's memory.
By investing a little more in a surge protector, you can protect and prolong the life of your electrical products.
The graphics card is a key performance component, especially in respect to 3D games. Read on to find out what you should look for.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- EVGA's GTX 1080 FTW2 and SC2 graphics cards get updated with faster memory
- Qualcomm: First Windows 10 ARM PC coming in the fourth quarter
- User-created patch lets Kaby Lake and Ryzen PCs receive Windows 7 updates
- Samsung ready to make chips faster than the ones in Galaxy S8
- Prices of SSDs and DRAM will crash in 2019, Gartner predicts
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTPMO Project Analytics and Tools ManagerNSW
- FTSenior / Lead AEM DeveloperNSW
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystSA
- CCResource AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystSA
- FTHelpdesk SupportNSW
- FTCampaign ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Full Stack Web DeveloperACT
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)ACT
- FTAgile Scrum Master/TrainerNSW
- FTSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Process Specialist - TelcoVIC
- CCSystems Specialist - Network Systems l Port MacquarieQLD
- FTNetwork Consulting ArchitectVIC
- CCSolution Designer with PEGA experience- TelcoVIC
- TPLinux System AdministratorQLD
- FTDeveloper - Python, Ruby, or PerlQLD
- FTSenior Business Analyst, Wealth InvestmentNSW
- FTSharepoint Support AnalystVIC
- FTDigital Business Analyst | Online BookingQLD
- TPSystems EngineerQLD
- FTICT Transformation Integration ManagerNSW
- CCSystems Specialist - Network Systems l Port MacquarieNSW
- FTHealthcare Application Integration Support - Brisbane BasedWA