Despite a few seriously annoying bugs, the Windows 7 version of Windows Media Center is without a doubt the best yet.
Notebooks - Tutorials
Your PC will crash, your camera will break, your network will fail, and your printer will chew up paper.
Here are your most likely options, from the best to the worst, if you want to hook up your desktop PC or notebook to your TV.
The Windows screen on Viksvet's laptop flipped sideways. The Answer Line forum offered help.
How do you change the look of a laptop? I mean really change its look--just shifting around the wallpaper, screensaver, or Windows color theme doesn't count.
For every flaw in Apple's iPad, there's a fix just waiting to be found.
Way back in the Mesozoic era of computing (also known as the early 1980s), we didn't have slick little netbooks or big, powerful desktops.
I just installed Windows 7 on a Compaq laptop that was previously running Vista. It was a clean install, meaning I wiped the hard drive rather than simply upgrading the OS. (I had my reasons for doing so, but I won't bore you with them here.)
Upgrading users to a new operating system always seems to have its pitfalls, and Windows 7 is no exception. If you're migrating multiple users, you'll definitely need some tools to help automate the task.
There's nothing pretty about software overburdening your CPU and slowing everything down. And finding and fixing the cause isn't always an easy task. These suggestions will hopefully help.
A reader wants to know if XP will still be safe after Microsoft ends support in 2014
As more people turn to e-readers, which are particularly handy for travel, a variety of screen guards and cases have hit the market, as have accessories such as clip-on lights and decorative decals. We looked at a variety of them this month.
Whether you're an IT pro or the go-to geek in your social circle, often the biggest hassle in fixing a computer problem is simply getting to the PC that needs help.
There are steps you should take to make a new PC as hassle-free as possible.
My aunt recently told me about a problem with her new laptop: Whenever she'd step away from it for more than a few minutes, she'd close the lid. Upon returning, she'd open the lid, only to be faced with a blank screen and no response from the mouse o...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Windows 10's power-throttling feature will benefit battery-hungry laptops
- Microsoft's next Surface may be a Chromebook competitor for schools
- US says laptop ban may expand to more airports
- Intel's Cannonlake PC chip shipments may slip into next year
- Razer’s updated Blade Pro is the first ever THX-certified laptop
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPSystem AdministratorQLD
- FTSenior Data Warehouse ConsultantNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst/Project ManagerQLD
- FTFull Stack DeveloperNSW
- FTFull Stack Developer - Symfony 2QLD
- CCBusiness Project ManagerNSW
- FTSalesforce Project LeadQLD
- CCSharepoint DeveloperNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTProject Manager (Cyber Security) - Permanent - IT Services - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTLevel 3 Application Support AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Process Specialist | ProcurementVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTBusiness Process AnalystWA
- CCAMI ArchitectWA
- FTSolution Architect - SecurityVIC
- FTWindows Dev Ops EngineerNSW
- FTWeb Developer | Parramatta | Initial 6 month contractNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst, Wealth InvestmentNSW
- CCSCCM ConsultantACT
- CCSystems Specialist - Network Systems l Port MacquarieQLD
- FTMobile Studio Lead/ Mobile UX LeadNSW
- CCPersonal AssistantNSW
- FTService Delivery ManagerNSW
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystWA