Apple's iPad may have just been delayed in Australia until the end of May, but we've been lucky enough to get our hands on an imported US iPad well before launch.
Notebooks - Slideshows
We've been lucky enough to get our hands on the Apple iPad well before its Australian launch in "late April." We've had a brief but exciting play with the iPad and we're ready to give you the low down on what to expect!
Apple's iPad has arrived at our offices! Thanks to online mobile store MobiCity, we've been able to get our hands on the latest Apple phenomenon before it hits Australian shelves later this month. We give you the low-down on what to expect when the iPad finally arrives down under!
We round up the best tech bargains of the week, including a Samsung smartphone that records HD video, a Sharp television that doubles as a Blu-ray player and a massive Harvey Norman sale!
Let the iPad app cavalcade begin. Amazon showed off a Kindle iPad app Monday vowing to bring its e-reader and e-bookstore to the iPad.
These are a few of our favourite blings: We take a stroll down millionaire lane with the world's most expensive mobile phone accessories, notebooks and more!
We look at some weird, wacky and wonderful customised notebooks
A 17in gaming notebook with a Core i7-720M CPU, two 500GB hard drives, 8GB RAM and ATI Mobility Radeon 5870 graphics
Up close and personal with Lenovo's multitouch netbook
BlackBerry Bold 9700 smartphone, Garmin nuvi 225W GPS, Medion Akoya E4360 D desktop PC from ALDI, and more!
In a bid to bring some fresh designs to its Studio range of notebooks, Dell held a 'Make it Yours' competition, giving Aussies the chance to design a notebook lid.
Steve Jobs once said that Microsoft stole Windows from Apple, but there has been plenty of idea snatching on both sides over the years. Windows 7 and Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard each contain features that originated in the other OS. Some features were stolen so long ago that they've become part of the computing landscape, and it's difficult to remember who invented what. Here we give credit to Microsoft where credit is due.
Pick up some great bargains.
Best deals of the week: 19 February
To coincide with the Top Gear Live show, Acer is offering its Ferrari One notebook for a special price of $1299 from Harvey Norman. It runs on the AMD Vision platform, which includes an AMD Athlon X2 L310 CPU and an ATI Radeon HD 3200 graphics adapter. You also get 4GB of DDR 2 SDRAM and a 500GB hard drive. It weighs 1.5kg and comes with a 6-cell battery.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 3 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 4 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Hands-on: MSI's GT75VR Titan brings high-end HDR display tech to a gaming laptop
- Hands-on: How the Asus ROG GX501 Zephyrus performs with Nvidia's Max-Q technology
- HP Omen laptops include a first: Nvidia Max-Q graphics technology
- HP's Omen Accelerator can give your laptop some guts
- HP's Omen X Compact Desktop can morph into a backpack VR PC
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- Ford Everest Trend RWD 3.2L Diesel review
- Ford Everest Trend in its natural habitat
- Linksys Velop mesh WiFi review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTNSO DeveloperOther
- FTPlatform/Technology Manager | Security & GovernanceOther
- FTChief Digital OfficerNZ
- TPHolistic BA - IT & Business upgrade - Bathurst location**NSW
- FTMicrosoft Azure Cloud EngineerOther
- CCSpecialist ERP SaaSACT
- FTSenior Contracts Administrator- Construction BackgroundOther
- FTNetwork Engineer - CISCOACT
- CCCore Java Front End DeveloperNSW
- TPSoftware Engineer / DeveloperQLD
- FTSolution Architect - PermanentQLD
- TPProject Manager - Implementation Lead - CS restucture**NSW
- FTSenior Project ManagerOther
- CCSenior Software EngineerNSW
- TPFunctional Analyst x 3VIC
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantACT
- TPSenior Server Engineer/System AdministratorWA
- CCSolutions Designer / Technology LeadNSW
- TPProject Manager - ApplicationsQLD
- CCPEGA Developers, Architects and Integrators - multiple requirementsQLD
- CCMid-Level Business AnalystQLD
- CCResource Management Project ManagerQLD
- FTSr Systems Engineer- Active Directory, SOE, VMWare PowershellOther
- CCEnterprise Change ManagerVIC
- TPBusiness Analyst - Workplace Assessment & InfrastructureQLD