Lenovo's ThinkPad X1 Tablet boasts a superb kickstand, smartly designed pen attachments, a solid keyboard, and good-enough performance. It ranks highly among the convertible tablets we've tested.
Notebooks - Reviews
HP's latest version of its Elite x2 tablet offers a top-notch keyboard case, a digital pen and the ability to be repaired in-house.
The fans asked, and we have answered. We compare laptops on price, not form factor, to see if the fight is fairer. See what happens.
Even with its design quirks, this big work notebook is impressive: It packs in a 4K touchscreen display, quad-core CPU, and discrete GPU for just US$1,500.
Which MacBook should you buy? We weigh up the pros and cons of the MacBook Air, MacBook Pro (Retina and non-Retina) and 12in Retina MacBook. Find the Mac laptop that's ideal for you, as we help you find the right MacBook for your needs
Dell’s Chromebook 13 proves an important point: You can make a classy Chromebook that's reasonably affordable. Dell gives its Chromebook 13 a slender yet sturdy chassis, good performance, and long battery life.
It's not a desktop Mac replacement. The MacBook is ideal for on-the-go use.
The Raspberry Pi 3's subtle improvements add up to a major usability and performance upgrade.
Apple's latest iPad Pro, the new 9.7-in. model, not only gets many of the architecture advances from the larger version, but also a better camera and what may be Apple's most advanced display yet.
You don't need the most expensive laptop available to get in a solid day's work. We evaluate four Windows laptops that cost about $US600 or less.
At just 10.3mm thick, the Spectre is thinner than Apple’s MacBook. And, while the MacBook is about 200g lighter, HP hasn’t compromised on processor power by including Core i5 and Core i7 CPU options.
Desktop monitors are undergoing a renaissance.
The E45W features a fully reversible touchscreen display and plenty of horsepower for everyday tasks at a bargain price.
The Blade Stealth may look a lot like the Blade and Blade Pro gaming laptops, but it's really a good ultrabook that could assume some gaming chops whenever the Razer Core graphics amplifier comes out.
Huawei’s challenge to Microsoft, Samsung and Apple in the premium tablet market, the MateBook, is an impressive little unit at first glance but will it be able to take on the established players and gain market share?
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Asus ROG teases the world's first AMD Ryzen laptop
- Lenovo's Flex 5 catches up to other convertibles, adding Kaby Lake and USB-C
- Lenovo's Legion Y920 gets serious with mechanical keys and one-touch overclocking
- Google's Chromebooks are getting a night mode to help you sleep better
- Surface Laptop vs. Surface Pro 4: We compare prices, features and more
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Huawei P10 smartphone review
- Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTSenior Solution Designer/ ConsultantVIC
- TPPrimary Support Officer (Level 1)VIC
- FTSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTJava Technical Team LeadVIC
- CCSenior Systems EngineerQLD
- FTDigital Developer | LAMP Stack | Digital AgencyNSW
- FTClient Onboarding ManagerNSW
- CCSplunk Software DeveloperVIC
- TPSenior .Net DeveloperSA
- CCState-wide Business Transition Lead - BrisbaneVIC
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Security ProductsVIC
- FTUrgent -Java Developer (Programmer). 3 different positionsACT
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCSharepoint DeveloperNSW
- CCJava Developer - IntergrationQLD
- FTJunior - Mid Level Application Support ConsultantQLD
- TPIT Security SpecialistVIC
- TPPrincipal Portfolio Officer - One Month Contract - DSITIQLD
- CCSystems Analyst- Port MacquarieQLD
- CCConsultant - Hogan Health CheckQLD
- CCGIS Consultant/ Developer - BRISBANEVIC
- FT.NET DeveloperNSW
- CCJava Developer / System Designer - Aus Citizens OnlyWA
- FTSenior Solution Designer, Investment and Trading PlatformNSW