Like its Italian namesake, the ASUS Lamborghini VX5 needs little introduction. Over the past few years, we've reviewed a suite of these ultra-deluxe notebooks, with each new model impressing on the performance front, but bombing out when it comes to ...
Notebooks - Reviews
HP's Pavilion dm3-101tu (VV707PA) is a 13.3in notebook with good speed, long battery life, a strong yet lean body, and an affordable price tag.
Fujitsu's UH900 3.5G is a full-blown pocketable ultra-mobile PC (UMPC) that weighs in at around 500 grams and is only 20cm long, 10.5cm deep and 2.5cm thick. It's designed to be a non-intrusive computer that you can discretely use to check email and ...
Fujitsu's LifeBook P3010 is an 11.6in notebook with plenty of style and reasonable performance. It's designed for business users who want something fashionable, small and functional for creating content and running presentations; the best part is tha...
The ASUS U50Vg notebook is like a 15.6in portable reflecting pool — but without the benefit of ripples. It has an all-over gloss that reflects any lights within its vicinity and you can see yourself in its screen and chassis when you use it, wh...
MSI has released the Wind Millions Special Edition U135 to celebrate the sale of more than 1 million Wind netbooks worldwide. The MSI Wind Millions Special Edition U135 is a 10in netbook with plenty of style. It has an elegant woven pattern on its l...
Lenovo's ThinkPad Edge 13" is a 13.3in business laptop that looks unlike most ThinkPad notebooks. It has a glossy screen, raised and rounded keys and a two-tone colour scheme, and it doesn't have some of the traditional features we expect on a ThinkP...
Dell's Latitude E4300 is a 13.3in notebook for business users who are looking for something very portable, yet fast and well built. It's a stylish notebook -- ours came with a blue lid — and its straight lines make it look very clean. You get d...
Medion's Akoya E7212 is a large, 17.3in laptop that's inexpensive yet fast and well featured. It's suitable as a desktop replacement notebook for students and families that don't want to fork over more than $800 for a new computer, and it can be used...
As you probably already know by now, Apple is holding a product event in later this month. The big question on everyone's mind: Are tablets on the table?
Lenovo's ThinkPad X100e is an ultraportable notebook aimed primarily at business users who want something mobile but affordable. It weighs only 1.5kg, has an 11.6in screen and costs $999. It features one of the best keyboards in its class and it's al...
Dell's Vostro V13 is a slimline, 13.3in business notebook with plenty of style and a very sturdy body. It feels great to use and it has a decent amount of power under the hood. Best of all, it only weighs around 1.5kg. It's an almost perfect combinat...
Tablet PCs came out of the closet in record numbers at the recently concluded CES 2010, but Asus had one out for a while. The Asus Eee PC T91 doubles up as a netbook and low-cost tablet PC with touch input support on its 8.9in screen.
Sony's VAIO X Series (VPCX113KGB) ultraportable laptop is designed for executives who want something stylish and very light. It has an 11.1in screen, it's made out of carbon fibre and aluminium and it weighs just 655 grams.
The HP Envy 15 is the larger of two premium notebooks from HP, this model featuring a new Core i7 quad-core Intel processor. The smaller HP Envy 13 is an attractive 13in notebook, distinguished by thoughtful design and incredible battery life. But th...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Windows 10's power-throttling feature will benefit battery-hungry laptops
- Microsoft's next Surface may be a Chromebook competitor for schools
- US says laptop ban may expand to more airports
- Intel's Cannonlake PC chip shipments may slip into next year
- Razer’s updated Blade Pro is the first ever THX-certified laptop
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSalesforce Project LeadQLD
- FTBI Report DeveloperQLD
- FTIT Service Owner - Supply Chain TechnologiesNSW
- FTBI BA Consultant l Microstrategy, Business ObjectsNSW
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- FTFront End Web DeveloperACT
- FTFront End .Net Developer. Permanent job . ACT LocationACT
- TPProject ManagerQLD
- CCProject Communications and Engagement SpecialistQLD
- TPData AnalystVIC
- FTSystem AnalystsACT
- CCMaster Data Analyst - SAPNSW
- FTSenior C# DeveloperNSW
- CCTest Analyst - Infrastructure - NV1 ClearanceACT
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerQLD
- FTData Analyst - Tableau and Power BI suiteNSW
- CCChange AnalystACT
- CCSoftware ManagerVIC
- FTIT Test ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical LeadVIC
- CCOracle DeveloperVIC
- FTPMO CoordinatorACT
- CCTibco Integration Specialist l Port MacquarieNSW
- FTHRIS Systems Support Analyst (Kronos)NSW