The Samsung N150 is a 10in netbook with a thin profile and it weighs only 1.25kg. It runs Windows 7 Starter and is perfect for Web browsing, word processing and even for watching standard definition videos. However, it’s a netbook that also provides ...
Notebooks - Reviews
Medion continues its push to supply well-configured yet inexpensive notebooks to mainstream users. Its latest, the Medion Akoya MD98330, is a 15.6in laptop with an Intel Core i3-M330 CPU, 4GB of DDR3 SDRAM and a 500GG hard drive. It has plenty of spe...
The Lenovo IdeaPad S10-3t is the second netbook with a multitouch touchscreen to come to market (the first being the ASUS Eee PC T91MT) and it won’t be the last. But while a netbook is great for simple tasks such as browsing the Web, writing document...
The Fujitsu LifeBook LH700 is a 2.4kg, 14in notebook that's aimed at young people, students in particular. Fujitsu may not be the first brand that pops into a student's mind when it comes to getting a value for money laptop, and the LH700’s $1349 pri...
Panasonic's LUMIX DMC-TZ8 is one of the most versatile compact digital cameras on the market: it has a 25mm wide angle lens with a 12x zoom, a 12.1-megapixel sensor and manual exposure controls. It also packs optical image stabilisation, comprehensiv...
Toshiba's Qosmio notebooks have gone through many design phases in their short history.
ViewSonic's ViewBook VNB120 is an ultra-low voltage ultraportable notebook with a 12.1in screen and a 1.2GHz Intel Celeron SU2300 dual-core CPU. It weighs 1.6kg, runs Windows 7 Starter and it performs very smoothly when undertaking everyday tasks, bu...
The HP Mini 5102 is a netbook designed with business users in mind. It has an anodised aluminium lid and its sturdy design places it a rung above most other netbooks on the market. It also looks good and, contrary to popular belief, business users ap...
The Dell Inspiron 11z notebook has a low price tag, a thin profile and an 11.6in screen -- it could easily be mistaken for an Intel Atom-powered netbook. Its dual-core Pentium processor is significantly more powerful than a netbook's CPU, and its hig...
Dell's Vostro 3700 is a 17.3in business notebook that's aimed at small business users who are looking for a large, affordable desktop replacement. It packs plenty of performance into its sturdy chassis for everyday office and online communications ta...
The HP Mini 210 (NB-210-1017TU_01) is a 10in netbook with plenty of style. It looks and feels different to the netbook it replaces -- the HP Mini 110 -- but it still performs like a netbook. It offers a very solid keyboard with isolated (island-style...
Toshiba's NB300 is a 10in netbook with a slim frame, a long battery life and an advanced Sleep-and-Charge USB port. It's an almost perfect netbook for travellers thanks to these features, but even students and business users who are in the market for...
Fujitsu's LifeBook SH760 may not look like a powerhouse notebook, but inside its tiny frame are a high-end Intel Core i7 CPU, a USB 3.0 controller chip, a decent NVIDIA GeForce 310M graphics card and 4GB of DDR3 RAM. Despite the formidable specs, it ...
Toshiba's Satellite M500 (PSMKCA-009007) is a 14in, fully featured notebook that's suitable for business and home users alike. It has a dual-core Core 2 Duo CPU, modern ports and slots and a surprisingly good speaker system for a notebook of its size...
MSI's CR620 is a 16in desktop replacement notebook that costs just $1199. It comes equipped with an Intel Core i3-330M CPU, 4GB of DDR3 SDRAM and a 500GB hard drive, so it will perform just fine when running office applications and even more taxing t...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 2 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 3 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 4 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 5 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- MSI Wins Computex Best Choice Award 2017 for a Record-Breaking 5 Products
- Surface Pro is Microsoft's long-awaited Surface Pro 4 upgrade, restyled as a laptop
- Google explains why Android apps still aren't on Chromebooks
- HP's Spectre x2 may be the Surface Pro killer we've been waiting for
- Asus ROG teases the world's first AMD Ryzen laptop
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Asus launches laptops to start Computex 2017
- Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTSAP HANA ConsultantNSW
- TPAgile Projet AdministratorVIC
- FTProject Control Analyst - PMONSW
- CCState-wide Business Transition Lead - BrisbaneNSW
- CCSystems Analyst- Port MacquarieQLD
- FTSolution ArchitectWA
- FTSenior Systems AnalystSA
- CCDevOps EngineerVIC
- CCSenior PMO AnalystNSW
- CCImplementation Manager/PlannerSA
- CCUnix AdministratorNSW
- CCData AnalystNSW
- CCState-wide Business Transition LeadQLD
- FTIT Systems Specialists - Collaboration SystemsNSW
- FTEnterprise Architect - Network and TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTSupport Analyst - TallymanVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCData AnalystNSW
- TPWeb DeveloperSA
- TPOrganisational Change Manager | Dept of CommunitiesQLD
- TPJunior Node.js DeveloperVIC
- FTApplication AnalystSA
- FTTest AnalystVIC
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW