It feels like it was just yesterday we awarded the 12.1in Portege R600 an Editor's Choice for its lightness, sturdy body and complete feature set. In reality, it was over 14 months ago. While the R600 is still a little marvel, we now have the 13.3in ...
Notebooks - Reviews
Dell's Streak may look like a smartphone, and you can make phone calls on it, but its form factor means it's a hybrid device that sits somewhere between a largish touchscreen phone like the HTC Desire and Apple's iPad tablet.
MSI's CX420 is a hybrid laptop that's a slightly confusing proposition. On the one hand, its integrated Intel GMA graphics are supposed to give you great battery life, while on the other hand the dedicated ATI Mobility Radeon HD5470 graphics are supp...
Alienware's M11x is a laptop worth considering if you're after something small that packs a decent punch in the graphics department. It's an 11in, 2kg gaming notebook with plenty of RAM and hard drive space, and it has two graphics cards -- one for w...
Dell's Inspiron 15R N5010 is a 15in notebook with an appealing design and a well rounded configuration. This Dell notebook weighs 2.6kg and is aimed at users who want something that can be comfortably used on their lap, as well as act as a replacemen...
Fujitsu's LifeBook E780 is a 15.6in widescreen laptop with a boxy design and a tacky, two-tone colour scheme. Don't let its look deceive you though as it's actually a powerful notebook that's well built and has plenty of features. It's aimed at profe...
The hype surrounding Steve Jobs' 'magical' iPad has led to a flurry of competing products. Some, like HP's webOS tablet and Dell's Streak, are yet to be released, while others, like Handii's Go10 tablet PC, are available now. The Handii Go10 tablet i...
The Sony VAIO E-Series VPC-EB16FG is a 15.5in notebook designed for everyday use. The term 'stylish' is an understatement when it comes to describing this laptop: our review unit came with a bright, eye-catching aqua lid. With a Full HD (1920x1080), ...
The ASUS G73Jh is a high-performance notebook aimed primarily at hardcore gamers. Unlike most desktop replacement models, this gaming laptop is capable of competing with high-end PCs; not just in size, but also functionality.
The Lenovo ThinkPad X200 Tablet (7449-4MM) is a strongly built, 12.1in tablet-convertible notebook with a lot of highlights: long battery life, integrated 3G connectivity, and a great keyboard to name a few. You can use the X200 Tablet as a regular n...
HP's ProBook 6540b (WH431PA) is a business notebook through and through. It provides an adequate amount of speed, it's comfortable to work on, and it even ships with easy-to-use management features so that data can be encrypted and certain features c...
It's been almost 12 months since Apple updated its premium MacBook Pro range. There have been no changes to the design of the 15in MacBook Pro -- it's what under the hood that's special. Apple's latest MacBook range boasts Intel's new Core i5 and Cor...
The Samsung N150 is a 10in netbook with a thin profile and it weighs only 1.25kg. It runs Windows 7 Starter and is perfect for Web browsing, word processing and even for watching standard definition videos. However, it’s a netbook that also provides ...
Medion continues its push to supply well-configured yet inexpensive notebooks to mainstream users. Its latest, the Medion Akoya MD98330, is a 15.6in laptop with an Intel Core i3-M330 CPU, 4GB of DDR3 SDRAM and a 500GG hard drive. It has plenty of spe...
The Lenovo IdeaPad S10-3t is the second netbook with a multitouch touchscreen to come to market (the first being the ASUS Eee PC T91MT) and it won’t be the last. But while a netbook is great for simple tasks such as browsing the Web, writing document...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Windows 10's power-throttling feature will benefit battery-hungry laptops
- Microsoft's next Surface may be a Chromebook competitor for schools
- US says laptop ban may expand to more airports
- Intel's Cannonlake PC chip shipments may slip into next year
- Razer’s updated Blade Pro is the first ever THX-certified laptop
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPEOI - Developer/Tester/Software EngineerACT
- CCBusiness Analyst (Mid-level)VIC
- CCVMware AdministratorNSW
- TPBusiness Intelligence DeveloperSA
- TPIteration Lead - .NetQLD
- FTSystems EngineerNSW
- FTSnr Technical Salesforce Consultant Global IT Managed Services - SydneyNSW
- FTDeveloper - Python, Ruby, or PerlQLD
- FTService Delivery ManagerNSW
- FTHTML DeveloperNSW
- FTSystems Administrator - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager (Wealth)NSW
- CCEngineer/Developer - Splunk - TelcoVIC
- FTMid-Level .NET DeveloperVIC
- TPProject Support AnalystNSW
- TPSenior Project Officer HSQQLD
- FTSAP SD/MM ConsultantNSW
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystQLD
- FTBusiness AnalystACT
- FTBusiness Intelligence Analyst - Microsoft BI Stack - NewcastleNSW
- FTContracts ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Desktop Engineer - SCCM / AD / 2012 ServerNSW
- TPIT Service ManagerNSW
- TPSoftware Licensing SpecialistNSW