Dell's Studio 17 1749 is a 3.5kg, 17in laptop with a Core i5-based CPU and plenty of built-in features. It's a laptop that's designed for users who want an affordable desktop replacement, media centre or gaming PC. There are some things about it that...
Notebooks - Reviews
The Dell Inspiron M501R is a 15.6in AMD Phenom II quad-core laptop that's suitable as an everyday work machine, or even as a budget gaming rig. It has loads of CPU power, an above-average amount of RAM and a reasonably fast graphics card. The design ...
Just as the iPod and iPhone did before it Apple's iPad is creating a whole new market in accessories, from cases to keyboards and stands.
HP's EliteBook 2540p is a small, strong and well-featured 12in business notebook that will run pretty much any office application you throw at it. It has a fast yet power-efficient Core i7 CPU under the hood, as well as plenty of RAM and disk space. ...
The Sony VAIO F Series notebook is pitched at designers, artists, photographers and video editors who want a stylish notebook that has lots of speed and plenty of built-in features. You get a big, Full HD screen, a Core i7 CPU, 8GB of RAM, lots of ha...
The Samsung N220 is a 10.1in netbook with built in 3G mobile broadband access; it's the successor to the Samsung NC10. Sold directly through Optus and bundled with a wireless broadband connection, the N220 is well built, offering a comfortable keyboa...
MSI's X-Slim X350 is an ultralight 13in laptop with smooth curves, clean lines and plenty of flair. Its chrome trim and glossy finish will turn heads if you're using it out and about, and, especially in sunshine, the edges of the chassis and touchpad...
Medion's Akoya E1222 is a 10in netbook with reasonably good looks, plenty of useful features, and, best of all, a low, low price. It can be purchased from Aldi supermarkets from 15 July for $389 with Windows 7 Starter preinstalled, and it's a great o...
If a sub-$1000, quad-core laptop tickles your fancy, then HP's 15in Pavilion dv6-3010-AX_01 is for you. It runs AMD's Vision Ultimate platform, which comprises an AMD Phenom II P920 CPU and an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650 graphics chip, and it's great...
The Archos 7 Home Tablet is an inexpensive Android tablet meant for people who want to access (not create) media like video, audio, images, e-mail and Web content, but don’t have high performance expectations. Aided by the easy-to-use Android 1.5 ope...
Fujitsu's LifeBook P770 is designed for anyone after a small yet fully featured laptop. It's a 12.1in ultraportable notebook with a Core i7 CPU and 4GB of RAM, as well as plenty of ports and a built-in optical drive.
The ASUS NX90JQ has been designed to appeal to users who want better sound quality from a notebook. It's a desktop replacement-style, 18.4in notebook for the home entertainment enthusiast. It's got plenty of style, and its design is guaranteed to int...
We're suckers for a nice-looking business notebook, which is the kind of sad confession you'd expect from people who spend their life playing with tech (we only do it for the pay cheque, honest). But who could resist the 14in HP EliteBook 8440p (WL65...
It feels like it was just yesterday we awarded the 12.1in Portege R600 an Editor's Choice for its lightness, sturdy body and complete feature set. In reality, it was over 14 months ago. While the R600 is still a little marvel, we now have the 13.3in ...
Dell's Streak may look like a smartphone, and you can make phone calls on it, but its form factor means it's a hybrid device that sits somewhere between a largish touchscreen phone like the HTC Desire and Apple's iPad tablet.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 3 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 4 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Hands-on: MSI's GT75VR Titan brings high-end HDR display tech to a gaming laptop
- Hands-on: How the Asus ROG GX501 Zephyrus performs with Nvidia's Max-Q technology
- HP Omen laptops include a first: Nvidia Max-Q graphics technology
- HP's Omen Accelerator can give your laptop some guts
- HP's Omen X Compact Desktop can morph into a backpack VR PC
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- Linksys Velop mesh WiFi review
- Google WiFi review
- D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSenior PHP ProgrammerSA
- FTVEC EngineerOther
- FTTechnical Lead - .NetQLD
- TPProgram Manager - 10+ month contractQLD
- FT.Net DeveloperOther
- TPProject Manager - ApplicationsQLD
- TPSoftware Engineer / DeveloperQLD
- TPTest AnalystNSW
- FTIT Specialist (Lead)Other
- CCMicrosoft (Sharepoint) Specialist-Bathurst or Port MacquarieQLD
- CCPalo Alto Network Security Expert - BrisbaneACT
- CCAMI ArchitectWA
- FTSenior Infrastructure Business AnalystVIC
- CCProcesses and Procedures SpecialistNSW
- FTSenior Project ManagerOther
- CCBusiness Systems AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Director, Enterprise Architecture & Information SecurityOther
- TPPMO SpecialistQLD
- FTWireless Systems EngineerOther
- CCTalend Open Studio Data Integration ConsultantNSW
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- FTMarketing Content Writer - Tenders & SocialNSW
- CCResource Management Project ManagerQLD
- FTBizTalk Technical Lead - BRISBANEWA
- FTTeam Lead / Senior Software Engineer - Python, Perl, LinuxOther