The Dell XPS 17 (1710X) is a desktop replacement notebook that's primed for use as a gaming laptop, a media centre or a mobile workstation -- the best part is it costs well under $2000! It's a versatile Dell notebook with a 17.3in touchscreen and a h...
Notebooks - Reviews
Toshiba's Satellite C650/01E (PSC12A-01E00T) notebook is targeted at people who are on a budget. It has a far from spectacular configuration, but it's actually a very nice laptop with all the essentials you need to run office applications, rip CDs, g...
With plenty of style, a thin frame and a built-in DVD burner, the 14in ASUS PL80J is a good purchase for anyone who wants a notebook that's easy to carry but doesn't sacrifice features. Add good battery life and performance into the mix and you've go...
It's a little hard to believe a notebook as well-featured as the Medion Akoya P6624 (MD98390) can be purchased for $899. It has excellent graphics performance for an inexpensive notebook and there's no doubt that it's one of the cheapest gaming noteb...
Since Lenovo bought IBM's PC and notebook business, not much of the ThinkPad's iconic design has changed, and this is a good thing. The Lenovo ThinkPad T510 notebook has the same business-like look, the same sturdy build quality, and most of the feat...
The HP ProBook 6550b is a 2.6kg, 15.6in notebook designed for business users who want something solidly built and fully featured. It has everything from a built-in DVD burner to a FireWire port, and you even get a 56Kbps modem and a serial port, whic...
Samsung's Q330-JS03AU is an attractive, sub-2kg 13.3in laptop that's slim, well-featured and competitively priced. It's the perfect size for users who want a notebook that's easy to carry around but has a roomy design. The configuration of the notebo...
MSI's FX600 is a stylish, well built and comfortable 15.6in laptop that's suitable for work and play. It's available exclusively from Officeworks and is designed to offer a mixture of good graphics performance and long battery life through the use of...
If you absolutely must own a decent tablet PC, then you should consider Fujitsu's LifeBook TH700. It's a notebook with a tablet-convertible 12.1in screen that uses Wacom dual digitiser technology so that you can interact with it either by using your ...
The Medion Akoya E7214 (MD98410) is a 17in notebook with a decent configuration that can tackle office and school tasks with ease. It's based on an Intel Core i3 CPU and it's a large notebook, so it's not really something you could easily carry to an...
Sony's latest VAIO netbook is the VPCW21BAGZ; it's a competent 10in netbook with a slightly faster CPU and a higher screen resolution than most of its competitors. It also features a limited edition Billabong design that helps it stand out from the c...
The iPad is about to get some company.
Last time we reviewed an Acer Aspire Timeline laptop -- the 14in 4810T, which we tested in mid-2009 -- we were impressed. This time we've got our hands on the new Acer Aspire TimelineX 5820TG, which is a notebook equipped with a 15.6in screen. We thi...
Acer's Aspire 5741-434G50Mn is a 15.6in, Intel Core i5-based notebook that's inexpensive yet stylish, well-featured and suitable for any task except serious gaming. It feels reasonably well constructed and at 2.6kg, it's not overly heavy. It makes fo...
The Origin EON15 is a high-end, 15.6in notebook aimed squarely at the hardcore gaming fraternity. It can be viewed as a portable sibling to the Origin EON18, with many of the same configuration options.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 3 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 4 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Hands-on: MSI's GT75VR Titan brings high-end HDR display tech to a gaming laptop
- Hands-on: How the Asus ROG GX501 Zephyrus performs with Nvidia's Max-Q technology
- HP Omen laptops include a first: Nvidia Max-Q graphics technology
- HP's Omen Accelerator can give your laptop some guts
- HP's Omen X Compact Desktop can morph into a backpack VR PC
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- Linksys Velop mesh WiFi review
- Google WiFi review
- D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSenior Technical Consultant (Cloud)Other
- FTApplication SupportOther
- FTICT Business AnalystOther
- CCLead Technical AnalystNSW
- CCPrincipal Java DeveloperQLD
- FTDesktop Support AnalystOther
- FTIntegration DeveloperOther
- FTNetwork ArchitectVIC
- CCCore Java Front End DeveloperNSW
- FTSearch Engine Optimisation SpecialistWA
- CCServiceNow ConsultantQLD
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- FT4 X Gun Java Developers wantedVIC
- FTMobile Studio Manager - GAME CHANGER!Other
- CCPEGA Developers, Architects and Integrators - multiple requirementsQLD
- TPData|Reporting AnalystQLD
- FTData DeveloperOther
- TPReporting AnalystQLD
- TPGIS ConsultantVIC
- FTSAP Environment LeadQLD
- FTSenior Developer - C++/Perl/PythonOther
- CCVMware AdministratorNSW
- FTSupport AnalystOther
- CCAgile Delivery SpecialistACT
- CCPega DeveloperVIC