Acer's Aspire 5741-434G50Mn is a 15.6in, Intel Core i5-based notebook that's inexpensive yet stylish, well-featured and suitable for any task except serious gaming. It feels reasonably well constructed and at 2.6kg, it's not overly heavy. It makes fo...
Notebooks - Reviews
The Origin EON15 is a high-end, 15.6in notebook aimed squarely at the hardcore gaming fraternity. It can be viewed as a portable sibling to the Origin EON18, with many of the same configuration options.
Dell's Studio 17 1749 is a 3.5kg, 17in laptop with a Core i5-based CPU and plenty of built-in features. It's a laptop that's designed for users who want an affordable desktop replacement, media centre or gaming PC. There are some things about it that...
The Dell Inspiron M501R is a 15.6in AMD Phenom II quad-core laptop that's suitable as an everyday work machine, or even as a budget gaming rig. It has loads of CPU power, an above-average amount of RAM and a reasonably fast graphics card. The design ...
Just as the iPod and iPhone did before it Apple's iPad is creating a whole new market in accessories, from cases to keyboards and stands.
HP's EliteBook 2540p is a small, strong and well-featured 12in business notebook that will run pretty much any office application you throw at it. It has a fast yet power-efficient Core i7 CPU under the hood, as well as plenty of RAM and disk space. ...
The Sony VAIO F Series notebook is pitched at designers, artists, photographers and video editors who want a stylish notebook that has lots of speed and plenty of built-in features. You get a big, Full HD screen, a Core i7 CPU, 8GB of RAM, lots of ha...
The Samsung N220 is a 10.1in netbook with built in 3G mobile broadband access; it's the successor to the Samsung NC10. Sold directly through Optus and bundled with a wireless broadband connection, the N220 is well built, offering a comfortable keyboa...
MSI's X-Slim X350 is an ultralight 13in laptop with smooth curves, clean lines and plenty of flair. Its chrome trim and glossy finish will turn heads if you're using it out and about, and, especially in sunshine, the edges of the chassis and touchpad...
Medion's Akoya E1222 is a 10in netbook with reasonably good looks, plenty of useful features, and, best of all, a low, low price. It can be purchased from Aldi supermarkets from 15 July for $389 with Windows 7 Starter preinstalled, and it's a great o...
If a sub-$1000, quad-core laptop tickles your fancy, then HP's 15in Pavilion dv6-3010-AX_01 is for you. It runs AMD's Vision Ultimate platform, which comprises an AMD Phenom II P920 CPU and an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650 graphics chip, and it's great...
The Archos 7 Home Tablet is an inexpensive Android tablet meant for people who want to access (not create) media like video, audio, images, e-mail and Web content, but don’t have high performance expectations. Aided by the easy-to-use Android 1.5 ope...
Fujitsu's LifeBook P770 is designed for anyone after a small yet fully featured laptop. It's a 12.1in ultraportable notebook with a Core i7 CPU and 4GB of RAM, as well as plenty of ports and a built-in optical drive.
The ASUS NX90JQ has been designed to appeal to users who want better sound quality from a notebook. It's a desktop replacement-style, 18.4in notebook for the home entertainment enthusiast. It's got plenty of style, and its design is guaranteed to int...
We're suckers for a nice-looking business notebook, which is the kind of sad confession you'd expect from people who spend their life playing with tech (we only do it for the pay cheque, honest). But who could resist the 14in HP EliteBook 8440p (WL65...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Windows 10's power-throttling feature will benefit battery-hungry laptops
- Microsoft's next Surface may be a Chromebook competitor for schools
- US says laptop ban may expand to more airports
- Intel's Cannonlake PC chip shipments may slip into next year
- Razer’s updated Blade Pro is the first ever THX-certified laptop
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTData Entry Administrator - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTICT Sales Account ManagerQLD
- TPSAS DeveloperWA
- FTDigital Sales Account Manager - Global Ecommerce BrandNSW
- CCProcess Specialist - TelcoVIC
- FTFrontend DeveloperNSW
- CCApplication Developer - Datastage & SQL ServerVIC
- FTWeb Developers - .Net DevelopersNSW
- FTFront-end Developer (UX/UI)NSW
- TPMaster Portfolio SchedulerVIC
- CC1st / 2nd Level Help Desk SupportNSW
- TPRegional Level 2/3 Desktop Support AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Java DeveloperVIC
- FTTester AnalystACT
- CCSystems Administrator - Cloud, Azure and LinuxQLD
- FTICT Transformation Integration ManagerNSW
- CCIntegration ArchitectACT
- FTBusiness Development ManagerACT
- FTSenior Security Solution Architect - Permanent - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTAsst. Director - Claim Analysis. Work Location - CanberraACT
- TPSystem AdministratorQLD
- FTWintel EngineerNSW
- FTAEM Technology Lead - Blue Chip companyNSW
- TPService Desk AnalystVIC