The Fujitsu LifeBook SH530 is a flashy looking notebook that's perfect for users who want to stand out from the crowd. It's a 13.3in laptop that weighs a shade over 2kg and it ships with plenty of features around its edges and lots of grunt under its...
Notebooks - Reviews
The ASUS K52Jr (K52JR-SX070V) is a solid 15.6in notebook with an entry-level Intel Core i3 CPU, a discrete graphics card and a large hard drive. It makes for a decent desktop replacement-style computer for office and media tasks, and it's also a reas...
With a small, 13in frame, a DVD burner tucked in its side and a powerful Intel Core i5-430M CPU under the hood, the Toshiba Satellite Pro U500 (PSU9NA-00600N) has all the hallmarks of a potentially great business notebook. However, it's let down a re...
The Acer Aspire 8943G (ZYA) is a ridiculously big notebook that you'll either love or hate for its outlandishness. It has a massive 18.4in Full HD screen and plenty of horsepower under the hood. It's designed to be a comprehensive desktop replacement...
The Samsung R590-JS02AU looks good, feels sturdy and performs well. It's a 15.6in desktop replacement-style notebook with a fast Intel Core i5 CPU and plenty of memory and storage capacity. However, it's practically the same as the Samsung R580 noteb...
The Dell XPS 17 (1710X) is a desktop replacement notebook that's primed for use as a gaming laptop, a media centre or a mobile workstation -- the best part is it costs well under $2000! It's a versatile Dell notebook with a 17.3in touchscreen and a h...
Toshiba's Satellite C650/01E (PSC12A-01E00T) notebook is targeted at people who are on a budget. It has a far from spectacular configuration, but it's actually a very nice laptop with all the essentials you need to run office applications, rip CDs, g...
With plenty of style, a thin frame and a built-in DVD burner, the 14in ASUS PL80J is a good purchase for anyone who wants a notebook that's easy to carry but doesn't sacrifice features. Add good battery life and performance into the mix and you've go...
It's a little hard to believe a notebook as well-featured as the Medion Akoya P6624 (MD98390) can be purchased for $899. It has excellent graphics performance for an inexpensive notebook and there's no doubt that it's one of the cheapest gaming noteb...
Since Lenovo bought IBM's PC and notebook business, not much of the ThinkPad's iconic design has changed, and this is a good thing. The Lenovo ThinkPad T510 notebook has the same business-like look, the same sturdy build quality, and most of the feat...
The HP ProBook 6550b is a 2.6kg, 15.6in notebook designed for business users who want something solidly built and fully featured. It has everything from a built-in DVD burner to a FireWire port, and you even get a 56Kbps modem and a serial port, whic...
Samsung's Q330-JS03AU is an attractive, sub-2kg 13.3in laptop that's slim, well-featured and competitively priced. It's the perfect size for users who want a notebook that's easy to carry around but has a roomy design. The configuration of the notebo...
MSI's FX600 is a stylish, well built and comfortable 15.6in laptop that's suitable for work and play. It's available exclusively from Officeworks and is designed to offer a mixture of good graphics performance and long battery life through the use of...
If you absolutely must own a decent tablet PC, then you should consider Fujitsu's LifeBook TH700. It's a notebook with a tablet-convertible 12.1in screen that uses Wacom dual digitiser technology so that you can interact with it either by using your ...
The Medion Akoya E7214 (MD98410) is a 17in notebook with a decent configuration that can tackle office and school tasks with ease. It's based on an Intel Core i3 CPU and it's a large notebook, so it's not really something you could easily carry to an...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 2 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 3 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 4 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 5 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- MSI Wins Computex Best Choice Award 2017 for a Record-Breaking 5 Products
- Surface Pro is Microsoft's long-awaited Surface Pro 4 upgrade, restyled as a laptop
- Google explains why Android apps still aren't on Chromebooks
- HP's Spectre x2 may be the Surface Pro killer we've been waiting for
- Asus ROG teases the world's first AMD Ryzen laptop
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- MSI GE72 7RE Apache Pro gaming laptop review
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst, Regulatory Reforms, FinanceNSW
- FTDisaster Recovery AnalystNSW
- FTSQL BI Report DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior React DeveloperNSW
- FTSr Infrastructure Automation EngineerACT
- FTLevel 2 Desktop SupportACT
- FTTeam Leader Solution DeliveryQLD
- FTSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- CCSplunk Software DeveloperVIC
- TPDelivery Coordinator - ProjectsQLD
- FTData Analyst/DeveloperNSW
- FTSecurity ConsultantACT
- FTDevelopment LeadVIC
- TPBusiness Analyst - ImprovementQLD
- FTData Analyst / Reporting SpecialistNSW
- CCSenior PMO AnalystNSW
- TPInformation Management SpecialistVIC
- TPAEM DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical WriterNSW
- CCDevOps EngineerNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCSplunk - Technical AnalystVIC
- FTManager - Commercial ClientsACT
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW