The Medion Akoya E6224 (MD 98630) is the company's first Second Generation Intel Core i3-based laptop (formerly codenamed Sandy Bridge), and as has been the case with most Medion products that we've seen over the years, it continues to offer good val...
Notebooks - Reviews
The 12.1in, semi-rugged Toughbook CF-C1 is designed to withstand vibration, drops (up to 76cm) and accidental spills. It doesn't look pretty, nor does it feel great to use, but it's very useful. Its touchscreen allows you to use the notebook as a tab...
Dell's Inspiron M102z is an 11.6in netbook that makes use of AMD's Fusion technology. It runs an AMD E-350 APU (accelerated processing unit) which combines the CPU and the graphics in one small chip, and it's a lot faster than a conventional 10in net...
The T420 is one of Lenovo's first Sandy Bridge–based laptops, sporting a 2nd Generation Core i5-2520 CPU. It still looks like an old and faithful Lenovo though, and it has all the good features we've grown to love over the years: The matte scre...
The 12.1in MSI Wind U270 notebook makes use of AMD's Fusion E-350 accelerated processing unit (APU) to offer better-than-usual all-round performance in a form factor that's not much bigger than a typical netbook. In particular, the Fusion APU gives t...
There's nothing better than an inexpensive laptop that looks stylish and performs well, and with the Dell Inspiron 15R N5110, that's exactly what you get. It's a sub-$600 notebook that's based on Intel's 2nd Generation Core i3 CPU, it's comfortable t...
The MSI Wind U160DX is slightly different in design compared to past Wind netbooks that we've reviewed, but it still retains the fast performance that MSI is well known for. While it's only a simple netbook with a standard configuration, it achieved ...
MSI's GE620 is a 15.6in, 2.6kg, 2nd Generation Intel Core i7-based laptop that's designed to tickle the fancy of gamers and any users who want a powerful-desktop replacement notebook. It boasts a quad-core CPU (with Hyper-Threading, so it can process...
The Gateway EC39C is a thin and light ultraportable notebook with an Intel Core i5 CPU and a solid-state drive (SSD) within its chassis. And it's a pretty thin chassis, too. It's only 16mm at its thickest point and only around 30mm with the lid close...
The Dell Vostro 3550 is a 15.6in business notebook with a swag of great features. The standout of these features is Intel's 2nd Generation Core i7 CPU, which gives the Vostro 3550 plenty of speed and, in conjunction with a 9-cell battery, a very long...
Intel's 2nd Generation Core (Sandy Bridge) CPU has found its way into MSI's latest CR640 notebook, giving it excellent speed and good battery life. The CR640 is a 15.6in notebook that costs under $1000 and it sports a nice design as well as a decent ...
HP bills the Pavilion G62-454TU 15.6in laptop as an inexpensive home entertainment machine, but it's more than that: it's a very good all-round, entry-level laptop that can be used for a little bit of everything except gaming. At only $549 from retai...
The Samsung NF210-A01AU is a 10.1in netbook that possesses a unique style and a very long battery life. It's perfect for anyone who wants to type documents or watch videos for hours on end while travelling. Even though it's a small, 1.37kg netbook, i...
The 11.6in Acer Aspire TimelineX 1830T is an ultraportable laptop that's only a tiny bit bigger than a netbook but has more CPU power and memory under the hood. It's useful for people who want a thin, light and small notebook for the road, but it's n...
The new Core i7 Apple Macbook Pro is a very strong performer for productivity and general-purpose computing tasks, but it's no surprise that you can buy a cheaper Windows-based notebook that's more powerful.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 2 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 3 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 5 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- MSI Wins Computex Best Choice Award 2017 for a Record-Breaking 5 Products
- Google explains why Android apps still aren't on Chromebooks
- HP's Spectre x2 may be the Surface Pro killer we've been waiting for
- Asus ROG teases the world's first AMD Ryzen laptop
- Lenovo's Legion Y920 gets serious with mechanical keys and one-touch overclocking
PCW Evaluation Team
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Huawei P10 smartphone review
- Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTUrgent -Java Developer (Programmer). 3 different positionsNSW
- CCData AnalystNSW
- CCMaster Data Officer - SAPNSW
- FTData Analyst/DeveloperNSW
- CCUX DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTSenior PHP Developer / Technical LeadQLD
- FTeCommerce Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTSolution Architect - DatacentreVIC
- FTUrgent -Java Developer (Programmer). 3 different positionsVIC
- FTSenior Microwave Transmission EngineerNSW
- FTProcurement OfficerACT
- TPIT Business AnalystNSW
- FTTest EngineerVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTDesktop EngineerNSW
- FTProject CoordinatorVIC
- CCSenior Systems EngineerVIC
- FTBusiness Process ConsultantNSW
- FTDatabase Developer - SQLACT
- FTDemand Release ManagerNSW
- FTBI Developers - 4 positionsQLD
- FTUX ResearcherVIC
- CCIT Security Risk AnalystVIC