The Matebook 13 doesn’t reinvent the wheel, but if you manage your expectations accordingly, you’ll probably come away happy with it.
Notebooks - Reviews
For everyone who wants the best XPS 13 right this second, this’ll do.
If you can handle the larger size, limited ports, unconventional trackpad and iffy battery life found here, you can play pretty much anything on the ROG Zephyrus GX701.
It doesn’t come cheap but, assuming you can afford it, you’re probably going to get a lot out of the Razer Blade Stealth.
Where Gigabyte gaming laptops have been quietly very good, the Aorus 15 is a little louder - but not in the way I’d like it to be.
The new Dell G7 is a definite upgrade that brings a bigger and better display to the table but falls short in other ways.
Some might say you can’t teach an old laptop new tricks, but the new Gigabyte Aero 15 X9 begs to differ.
More than just a laptop with leather accents, the Spectre Folio is a 2-in-1 that’s partially made of leather and it makes the most of that unique material design to stand out amongst the crowd.
The new MacBook Air is essentially the 12-inch MacBook, made larger.
The Yoga 920 isn’t the end-all, be-all best notebook out there. But if you’re after “one of those” kinds of PCs, it’s hard to look past it.
The ROG Strix Hero II isn’t the best gaming notebook that money can buy. However, it is is a safe bet that offers solid performance at a competitive price.
With this year’s Omen laptops, it feels like HP have proved they have just as much to offer as a dedicated brand like MSI or ASUS might. Now they just need to hone in on why they offer more.
The latest Alienware 17 might be the most Alienware gaming laptop Alienware have shipped out to Alienware customers in quite a while. It doesn’t reinvent the wheel, but it does live up the brand’s legacy in all the right ways.
We came away a little mixed from our time with the Ryzen-powered HP Envy x360 15 earlier this year, but opted to revisit the Envy x360 range and see how the new 13-inch HP Envy x360 13 fared.
Though it lacks a lot of the bells, whistles and dedicated features, the price-to-performance ratio in play for the Dell G5 allows it to hold up as an easy-to-recommend gaming laptop for those willing to make a few sacrifices.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel 3a review: Less is more
- 2 Moto G7 review: The new gold standard for budget buyers
- 3 Huawei P30 Pro review: A photography powerhouse that leans into and elevates its natural strengths
- 4 Panasonic Lumix S1 review: Pushing your limits
- 5 Dell G7 review: Growing pains
Join the newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- How much do the new MacBook Air and Macbook Pro cost in Australia?
- Apple recalls older MacBook Pro over fire risk
- Google is bringing consumer-grade Chromebooks back to Australia
- Computex 2019: MSI squeezed an i9 into their GT76 gaming laptop
- Computex 2019: Acer's Concept D7 laptops seem like a perfect fit for NVIDIA's Studio laptop initiative
PCW Evaluation Team
As the Maserati or BMW of laptops, it would fit perfectly in the hands of a professional needing firepower under the hood, sophistication and class on the surface, and gaming prowess (sports mode if you will) in between.
The MSI PS63 is an amazing laptop and I would definitely consider buying one in the future.
This small mobile printer is exactly what I need for invoicing and other jobs such as sending fellow tradesman details or step-by-step instructions that I can easily print off from my phone or the Web.
Microsoft Office continues to make a student’s life that little bit easier by offering reliable, easy to use, time-saving functionality, while continuing to develop new features that further enhance what is already a formidable collection of applications
I’d recommend a Dell XPS 15 2-in-1 and the new Windows 10 to anyone who needs to get serious work done (before you kick back on your couch with your favourite Netflix show.)
It’s useful for office tasks as well as pragmatic labelling of equipment and storage – just don’t get too excited and label everything in sight!
- Best Australian Amazon Prime Day deals
- Oppo Reno 5G review: Big Deal
- Panasonic Lumix S1 review: Hands-On Australian review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies