Google has been focusing development on the netbook and tablet markets for some time now, using Android OS as a stepping stone into the sub-laptop operating system market. The first tablets featuring the Android OS have already arrived, with more on ...
Notebooks - News
As if there wasn't enough frenzy surrounding Apple and its latest wonder gadget, the iPad, Apple CEO Steve Jobs made headlines this weekend for comments he supposedly made during a Town Hall-style meeting with Apple employees, according to Wired. Du...
Microsoft's Windows 7 took just three months to reach a penetration benchmark that Vista needed almost a year to make, Web measurement firm NetApplications.com said today.
A Chinese company that sells a tablet PC like Apple's newly announced iPad may sue the U.S. company over the similar design between the devices, it said Monday.
Want to run Windows 7 on the new Apple iPad? Citrix says it will soon be possible--at least virtually--using a new version of its Citrix Receiver software.
Apple's iPad has been surrounded by debate since its debut last week. Now, the heavily hyped tablet is at the center of a controversy that's reaching the federal government.
Despite its reputation as a consumer device, the presence of the iPhone, and soon the iPad, in the business environment cannot be ignored. IT Administrators at businesses of all sizes must address the challenge of integrating the devices and providin...
It looks like Apple's iPad really is magical after all. Marketing materials for the iPad mysteriously morphed overnight following complaints that they misleadingly depicted the device showing Flash-based content. As of Saturday morning, presto-change...
Apple's iPad, announced Wednesday, has already led to one complaint to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission in which a consumer charged Apple with false advertising by showing Adobe Flash working on the device.
Though the Apple iPad's interface may look familiar (see our hands-on impressions for more on the iPad), the hardware is clearly bigger than its iPhone/iPod Touch siblings.
Apple's iPad is barely a day old, and it's already facing legal troubles. Not terribly surprising, as "iPad" is hardly original -- and Apple has a history of stealing names that are registered trademarks of other companies.
Apple has finally revealed its hotly anticipated tablet, the iPad, and initial reactions have been mixed.
Adobe Systems reached out to Flash developers in the wake of Apple's iPad announcement, saying it plans to add support for the iPad's higher screen resolution to its upcoming Packager for iPhone development tool.
Apple's pricing for the iPad is "ridiculous," a hardware expert said Wednesday, as he argued that the $130 price difference for models with 3G means buyers of those tablets subsidize the lowest-priced $499 model.
Despite the introduction of the iPad and the harsh words of Apple Inc. CEO Steve Jobs, netbooks will continue to thrive, say analysts and commentators, who cite the tablet's missing features and relatively high price.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 3 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 4 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 5 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Hands-on: MSI's GT75VR Titan brings high-end HDR display tech to a gaming laptop
- Hands-on: How the Asus ROG GX501 Zephyrus performs with Nvidia's Max-Q technology
- HP Omen laptops include a first: Nvidia Max-Q graphics technology
- HP's Omen Accelerator can give your laptop some guts
- HP's Omen X Compact Desktop can morph into a backpack VR PC
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- Linksys Velop mesh WiFi review
- Google WiFi review
- D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSenior Analyst/Delivery LeadOther
- FTIT Service Delivery ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager - Financial ServicesQLD
- CCBusiness ArchitectVIC
- FTSenior Agile Business AnalystOther
- FTProgram Coordinator (Cloud & Office 365)Other
- FTNetwork EngineerOther
- FTSenior Security Analyst - TelecommunicationsOther
- CCMaterial Outsourcing ConsultantVIC
- CCPerformance Test Engineer - BrisbaneNSW
- FTSystems EngineerQLD
- CCCAD GIS BIM SpecialistNSW
- TPEnterprise Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCData ModellerACT
- CCPEGA Developers, Architects and Integrators - multiple requirementsACT
- FTAutomation TesterACT
- FTProject ManagerACT
- CCInfrastructure Architect - JuniorACT
- CCServiceNow ConsultantNSW
- FTService Delivery ManagerVIC
- FTProject Manager - OSS / Networks (Telco)Other
- TPFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCDeployment ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Software Developer (x3)Other
- CCDatabase SpecialistNSW