Asustek Computer launched its newest netbook on Tuesday, a stylish device with faux alligator hide casing and two slender, easy-to-change batteries that the company says will run for six hours each.
Notebooks - News
Apple's tablet, now expected to be unveiled next week, will likely sport a 7-inch screen in its first iteration, with a 10-inch model following to make it a credible productivity platform, an Apple hardware expert predicts.
Mesh Computers has launched what it claims is the world's first commercially available DirectX 11 (DX11) laptop.
Apple Inc. on Monday sent out invitations to journalists inviting them to a Jan. 27 press event at the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts Theater in San Francisco -- a move sure to fuel growing speculation about the prospect of an Apple tablet.
Intel is updating its Classmate PC netbook models, adding new processors and shrinking the devices to make them sleeker and easier to carry.
Technology blog Valleywag says it has a winner in its Apple Tablet scavenger hunt offering prizes to anyone who can provide proof the mythical device exists. And the winner is: Apple? That's right; Gawker Media's tech blog is awarding a prize to Appl...
Acer launched two new laptops on Friday labeled by the environmental group, Greenpeace, as being virtually free of two toxic substances, polyvinyl chloride (PVC) and brominated flame retardants (BFR).
Intel on Thursday reported US$2.3 billion in profit for the fourth quarter of 2009, in a strong financial showing driven by an increase in spending on PC and server chips.
HP announced today that certain configurations of its Envy 15 laptops will come equipped with the new USB 3.0 spec. This makes HP one of the first computer companies to offer the incredibly fast technology on their machines.
The policy of random laptop searches and seizures by U.S. government agents at border crossings is under attack again, with a pair of civil rights groups seeking potential plaintiffs for a lawsuit that challenges the practice.
Wyse Technology has started shipping the X90cw, a new thin client that is an Intel Atom-based netbook, it said on Wednesday.
Absolute Software has added a new feature to its Computrace Lojack anti-theft software that can remotely turn a stolen laptop into a useless, non-bootable 'brick'.
Toshiba plans to release Transformers accessories
Mary Lou Jepsen and her team at start-up Pixel Qi have their display-screen technology in several products being shown at the International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) and plan to put a DIY (do it yourself) screen kit on the market early this yea...
Advanced Micro Devices will put triple-core processors into laptops to fill a power and performance gap, the company said.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Windows 10's power-throttling feature will benefit battery-hungry laptops
- Microsoft's next Surface may be a Chromebook competitor for schools
- US says laptop ban may expand to more airports
- Intel's Cannonlake PC chip shipments may slip into next year
- Razer’s updated Blade Pro is the first ever THX-certified laptop
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTNetwork Engineer - CCNP - WeipaQLD
- FTGeospatial Data AnalystVIC
- FTDigital Business Analyst | Online BookingQLD
- TPAutomation Test AnalystQLD
- FTBI Report DeveloperQLD
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerACT
- FTTIBCO DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager - NV1ACT
- FTStorage EngineerSA
- FTProgram L&D Manager, Financial ServicesNSW
- FT.NET DeveloperWA
- CCAMI ArchitectWA
- FTProject Manager - Data MigrationNSW
- FTMidrange Application Developer (.Net)ACT
- CCSenior Devops EngineerVIC
- FTDeveloper - Python, Ruby, or PerlQLD
- CCTechnical Business AnalystSA
- CCGIS DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior / Lead AEM DeveloperNSW
- CCSolution Architect - Network Operations/Design - TelcoVIC
- FTTester AnalystACT
- FTHR Business Analyst / Performance Management SMENSW
- FTOracle E-Business Technical ConsultantVIC
- FTSecurity Engineer (IPS & Firewall exp essential) - Perm - IT Services - SydneyNSW