As the U.S. Department of Transportation proposes stricter rules on the shipments of lithium batteries, a close look at Federal Aviation Administration data finds that mid-air incidents involving batteries have been both rare and, apart from one cata...
Notebooks - News
Windows 8, the theoretical next version of Microsoft's ubiquitous OS, will be different from what has been expected of the platform, according to a cached version of a Microsoft blog post.
Microsoft today said it will soon feed Windows 7 users an update that detects illegal copies installed using more than 70 different activation cracks.
Telstra has announced a partnership with Acer to sell notebooks with built-in mobile broadband to business customers. Available on monthly plans, the 3G-capable Acer notebooks feature a SIM card slot to access Telstra's Next G network. The
According to one medical software vendor, physicians are already warming up to Apple's coming tablet, the iPad, with 22 per cent percent of clinicians in a survey saying they plan to purchase the device within a year.
Rumors are hinting that an upgrade to Apple's MacBook Pro notebook line could be coming in the near future. The rumour comes courtesy of French site Nowhere Else, which claims that Apple will reveal updated Macbook Pro's featuring Intel's newest Core...
A federal judge last week dismissed a three-year-old lawsuit that accused Microsoft of duping customers when it fed them company anti-piracy software as a critical security update, court documents show.
When the over-the-top hype met the reality of Apple's iPad, a majority of consumers decided they didn't need, and wouldn't buy, the new device, a survey published today said.
Netbook pioneer Asustek Computer plans to launch its own e-reader and a tablet PC to rival Apple's iPad in the second half of this year.
Sony hinted on Thursday that it's preparing a challenger to Apple's upcoming iPad.
The iPad is too big and lacks communication capabilities, argued the former Apple executive who oversaw the demise of the company's iconic-but-flawed Newton more than a decade ago.
Software developer ScrollMotion has been tapped to develop iPad-friendly versions of textbooks for education publishers like McGraw Hill, Houghton Mifflin, and Kaplan. Features that may make it into the iPad textbooks include video, interactive quiz...
Fusion Garage, the Singaporean startup company locked in a feud with U.S. news site TechCrunch over a tablet computer they jointly developed, said the device -- called the JooJoo tablet -- is now in full production, thanks to backing from Malaysia's ...
Australian telcos have expressed interest in releasing micro-SIMs compatible with the recently announced Apple iPad.
Like a rising tide lifting all boats, Apple Inc.'s high-profile iPad will help sales of all media tablets to grow nearly 15-fold over the next five years, ABI Research Inc. predicted on Tuesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Ring Video Doorbell review
- 2 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 4 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 5 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
Join the newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Hands-on: MSI's GT75VR Titan brings high-end HDR display tech to a gaming laptop
- Hands-on: How the Asus ROG GX501 Zephyrus performs with Nvidia's Max-Q technology
- HP Omen laptops include a first: Nvidia Max-Q graphics technology
- HP's Omen Accelerator can give your laptop some guts
- HP's Omen X Compact Desktop can morph into a backpack VR PC
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- Ford Everest Trend RWD 3.2L Diesel review
- Ford Everest Trend in its natural habitat
- Linksys Velop mesh WiFi review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTL&D Consultant - Wealth ManagementOther
- TPSenior UX SpecialistVIC
- CCSAP Hana DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior HFC EngineerNSW
- FTMid-level Frontend DevloperOther
- CCMaterial Outsourcing ConsultantVIC
- FTTechnical Director/Principal - Digital SolutionsOther
- FTProject Coordinator -Finance, budgets, forecasts, policyOther
- FTSenior Project ManagerOther
- CCCAD GIS BIM SpecialistNSW
- CCProgram ManagerNSW
- CCGIS ESRI DeveloperWA
- FTWireless Systems EngineerOther
- FTCloud Specialist/SME - TelcoOther
- FTSystem TesterOther
- FTSupport AnalystOther
- CCSenior Project Manager - Banking and Siebel exp.VIC
- FTSystem EngineerNSW
- FTProject Manager - IT ImplementationVIC
- FTSenior PHP ProgrammerSA
- FTSAP Project ManagerOther
- FT3rd Line IT EngineerOther
- FTAEM Developer - Mid LevelOther
- CCNetwork Security EngineerVIC