A new research study estimates that 163 million "smartbooks" will ship worldwide in 2015 - a significant rate of growth given that the very first models only appeared in 2008.
Notebooks - News
I've been a keyboard shortcut fan for a long time. Sure, icons and eye candy have their place -- I'd rather double-click an icon than, say, type run c:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office 12\Winword.exe. On the other hand, I'd sure rather click a f...
Intel is going after the tablet market for its low-power processors, including an upcoming Atom processor designed for mobile phones, the company said.
Apple Inc. will not use Adobe Systems Inc.'s e-book digital rights management (DRM) technology, an Adobe executive said on Wednesday.
Dell on Thursday reported a drop in profits during the fourth quarter of the company's 2010 fiscal year, but growth in revenue, fueled by strong sales of laptops and servers to the consumer and enterprise markets.
Apple iPhone application developers have taken a look at the nuances of building software for the the larger iPad tablet and find it strikingly similar to building for the iPhone, though with the added benefit of more screen real estate.
The iBook store, the marketplace for electronic books on Apple's forthcoming iPad, will sell e-books wrapped in digital rights management software, according to sources quoted in the L.A. Times. Apple phased out DRM songs from the iTunes store a year...
Most Windows 7 PCs max out their memory, resulting in performance bottlenecks, a researcher said today.
At the TED conference last week, Wired magazine showed off a new digital version of its publication that's targeted at tablets like Apple Inc.'s iPad that relies on software built by Adobe Systems Inc.
High Tech Computer (HTC), the world's biggest maker of Windows Mobile and Google Android OS smartphones, is working on technologies for applications used in handsets and application stores and plans to put this software to use but not until a later t...
Samsung yesterday launched its 2010 notebook range high above Sydney Harbour.
Nokia and Intel have become allies in a new clash of the operating systems with the joint creation of the MeeGo. MeeGo is an operating system that blurs the line between a robust mobile phone OS and a lightweight netbook OS.
The Internet advocate who blasted Microsoft in 2006 over the daily "phone home" habits of its anti-piracy software took the company to task again today for a new practice that will examine consumers' Windows 7 PCs every 90 days to make sure they're r...
Hewlett-Packard has launched the Compaq AirLife 100, a smartbook based on the Android OS and Qualcomm's Snapdragon processor, it said on Friday.
To coincide with the Top Gear Live show, Acer is offering its Ferrari One notebook for a special price of $1299 from Harvey Norman. It runs on the AMD Vision platform, which includes an AMD Athlon X2 L310 CPU and an ATI Radeon HD 3200 graphics adapte...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 2 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 3 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 4 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 5 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- MSI Wins Computex Best Choice Award 2017 for a Record-Breaking 5 Products
- Surface Pro is Microsoft's long-awaited Surface Pro 4 upgrade, restyled as a laptop
- Google explains why Android apps still aren't on Chromebooks
- HP's Spectre x2 may be the Surface Pro killer we've been waiting for
- Asus ROG teases the world's first AMD Ryzen laptop
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- MSI GE72 7RE Apache Pro gaming laptop review
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTAccounts and Office AdministratorNSW
- FTSalesforce ConsultantQLD
- FTLearning & Development Consultant, Wealth ManagementNSW
- FTSecurity ConsultantVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectSA
- CCGIS Consultant/ Developer - BRISBANEVIC
- TPAEM DeveloperNSW
- FTStorage EngineerSA
- CCBusiness Analyst - Banking/FinanceNSW
- CC.Net DeveloperNSW
- TPETL DeveloperNSW
- TPProject ManagerVIC
- FTSolution Architect - NetworksVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTImplementation ConsultantNSW
- FTTechnical WriterNSW
- FTSenior React DeveloperNSW
- CCWeb DesignerQLD
- FTDeployment Engineer / Field Service EngineerQLD
- FTDealing Room Support Analyst - IPC voiceNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer - IP routing & switchingNSW
- CCWintel Support EngineerVIC
- CCJava DeveloperACT
- FTField Technician - Radio communication serviceACT