In order to feed iPad demand in its home country, Apple has delayed the iPad's overseas launch until the end of May.
Notebooks - News
Microsoft yesterday modified its support policy on service packs, and will now take calls from customers running outdated editions of Windows.
Intel will introduce a dual-core Atom processor this quarter as it tries to improve the performance of the inexpensive, low-power chips, CEO Paul Otellini said during an earnings conference call on Tuesday.
Intel on Wednesday announced a line of microprocessors for the embedded processor market aimed at a range of products, from digital signs and electronic car dashboard systems to digital cash registers, IP phones and digital blackjack machines.
The latest family of Intel microprocessors, code-named Sandy Bridge, will be in production by the end of this year, while desktops and laptops with the chips will likely be on world markets in early 2011.
Apple has updated the 15-inch and 17-inch MacBook Pro models with Intel's Core i5 and i7 processors, which will include two integrated graphics processors to improve the laptops' battery life and performance.
1Password encrypts, stores and organizes your passwords and other private information, and automates logins for Web sites and other Internet services.
Add Google to the list of companies trying to develop a rival for the Apple <a href="http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9149338/Continuing_coverage_Apple_s_iPad_tablet">iPad</a> .
Bored with the fact that Lenovo ThinkPads come only in basic black? Not any more. The <a href="http://shop.lenovo.com/us/landing_pages/thinkpad/2010/Edge">ThinkPad Edge</a> is not only available in fire-engine red (as well as matte or glossy black), ...
The touchscreen function on Apple's iPhone and other smartphones is spreading to larger computing devices like the new iPad, making it a popular feature among consumers. The spread of touchscreens to the workplace, though, will take far longer, predi...
MSI has announced that its award-winning Wind U160 netbook will be available for purchase by Australian customers in late May.
Taiwanese electronics maker BenQ plans to continue to focus on e-readers instead of developing a tablet device similar to Apple's iPad, and believes a color version of its nReader due out later this year will be one of the keys to winning the market.
If Apple announces multitasking for its iPhone and iPad tomorrow, it will be a limited version that the company controls, allowing some applications to run in the background but denying others, experts said today.
One of the most high-profile iPad apps that will be available on launch day is Marvel's comic book reader, which will let people buy and read current and past Marvel comics on Apple's iPad.
If your iPad is having trouble connecting to the Internet due to Wi-Fi issues, we have good news and bad news.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Ring Video Doorbell review
- 2 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 4 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 5 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
Join the newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Hands-on: MSI's GT75VR Titan brings high-end HDR display tech to a gaming laptop
- Hands-on: How the Asus ROG GX501 Zephyrus performs with Nvidia's Max-Q technology
- HP Omen laptops include a first: Nvidia Max-Q graphics technology
- HP's Omen Accelerator can give your laptop some guts
- HP's Omen X Compact Desktop can morph into a backpack VR PC
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- Ford Everest Trend RWD 3.2L Diesel review
- Ford Everest Trend in its natural habitat
- Linksys Velop mesh WiFi review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTCloud Project ManagerOther
- CCSenior Technical ArchitectNSW
- FTLead Enterprise ArchitectVIC
- FTSenior Project AnalystOther
- CCPeopleSoft Techno Functional consultantNSW
- FTSenior Java and AEM DeveloperOther
- CCMaterial Outsourcing ConsultantVIC
- FTDelivery Manager - Agile / Scrum / DigitalOther
- FTOffice Manager / PAOther
- FTC# ASP.Net Developer - Market Leading Fin-TechOther
- CCJunior to Mid-level Devops ConsultantQLD
- FT.Net Developer (Senior)WA
- FTDevOps ManagerOther
- FTSenior Developer - C++/Perl/PythonOther
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- CCNet IQ IDAM - SMENSW
- TPFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCProject Coordinator - TelcoVIC
- FTProject Test LeadQLD
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- FTCRM AnalystQLD
- FTAccount ClerkOther
- FTTechnical Business AnalystOther
- FTUX DesignerOther
- CCIT/OT Solution ArchitectQLD