Toshiba is refreshing its netbook line-up and with the new machines is switching to more spacious 10-inch screens.
Notebooks - News
Lenovo expects to release laptops to the Australian market with built-in disabling technology by June this year. Users will be able to phone their laptop in order to stop it from being used.
Federal and state regulators have struck a deal with Microsoft that any version of Windows released after May 2011 will not be subject to the scrutiny mandated by a 2002 antitrust settlement.<br/>
Some of Dell's online outlet stores, where it sells refurbished PCs, were unable to process orders Saturday due to an apparent technical error.
One Laptop Per Child on Friday refreshed its XO-1 laptop hardware, dumping chips from Advanced Micro Devices in favor of processors from Via Technologies.
Microsoft Thursday promised that it would provide at least one public beta to Office 2010, saying that its assertion to the contrary Wednesday was "the wrong impression."<br/>
Apple's Mac sales in the U.S. fell last quarter compared to the same period the year before, the first time the company has posted a year-to-year slide in six years, market research firm IDC said Thursday.
A new survey has found that the majority of IT staff don't plan to upgrade to Windows 7 in the next year, after Vista's failure to win hearts and minds. But even more concerning for Microsoft is that half are now considering an operating system from ...
Habits, once ingrained, are hard to break. Just ask any smoker -- or the 250 million people that have bought Microsoft Office.
PC shipments declined less than expected in the first quarter, propped up by consumers' continuing interest in low-cost netbooks, IDC said in a report Wednesday.
Mozilla Corp. is considering dropping support for Windows 2000 and the earliest versions of XP when it ships the follow-up to Firefox 3.5 in 2010, online discussions show.
Microsoft Corp.'s claim that customers pay a US$3,400 "Apple Tax" when they buy Macs rather than Windows-based PCs is "silly" and "stupid," an analyst who follows Apple Inc. said Friday.
Microsoft Corp. announced Thursday that it will start pushing Office 2007 Service Pack 2 (SP2) to customers this month.
As planned, Microsoft Corp. will drop Windows XP out of what it calls "mainstream support" Tuesday, the company confirmed Monday.
Intel plans to make sure all of its popular Atom microprocessors support at least two versions of Microsoft's new operating system (OS), Windows 7, in the second half of this year.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 2 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 3 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 4 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- MSI Wins Computex Best Choice Award 2017 for a Record-Breaking 5 Products
- Surface Pro is Microsoft's long-awaited Surface Pro 4 upgrade, restyled as a laptop
- Google explains why Android apps still aren't on Chromebooks
- HP's Spectre x2 may be the Surface Pro killer we've been waiting for
- Asus ROG teases the world's first AMD Ryzen laptop
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Huawei P10 smartphone review
- Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTSplunk Software Developer | 6mth ContractVIC
- FTL&D Manager, Transformation Program in Finance ServicesNSW
- TPTrim Helpdesk AnalystVIC
- TPEOI - JAVA DeveloperACT
- FTx3 Field EngineersVIC
- CC.Net DeveloperNSW
- FTTeam Leader Solution DeliveryQLD
- TPProject ManagerVIC
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical WriterACT
- FTL&D ConsultantVIC
- TPSQL Server DeveloperNSW
- FTOperations Manager - NV1 Cleared - Defence Projects - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- TPSenior Developer - API - Data ReportingNSW
- CCSAP ISU Functional ConsultantVIC
- CCGIS Consultant/ Developer - BRISBANEVIC
- CCIT Security Risk AnalystVIC
- TPReporting DeveloperWA
- FTSales Client Services Manager (Mid-market)QLD
- FTProject CoordinatorVIC
- FTPMO CoordinatorVIC
- FTDelivery Analyst | $62 p/hrVIC
- TPBusiness AnalystACT