Acer edged out rival Asustek Computer to lead the world in netbook shipments last year.
Notebooks - News
Several of Japan's largest electronics companies have halted business trips to Mexico after a deadly outbreak of swine flu in the country.
Having rocketed to prominence as one of the most popular desktop Linux distributions in just a few years, Ubuntu has earned a reputation for stability and ease-of-use. The latest edition -- version 9.04, code-named "Jaunty Jackalope" -- continues tha...
Mozilla Corp. late Monday released Firefox 3.5 Beta 4, the latest development preview of the company's next browser, which has been delayed several times and now is tentatively slated to ship before the end of June.
Last week Toshiba launched in a new Qosmio multimedia laptop model in Japan that includes a secondary video processing chip and, for the first time, software to automatically clean-up the quality of Web video. We took it for a test-drive on the Web's...
I admit it. I'm impressed. I might have written a wishy-washy review of the <a href="http://www.pcworld.com/article/162129/ubuntu_904_beta_quick_look.html">beta of Ubuntu 9.04</a>, but now I've had a chance to play with the final release, I like wha...
Mozilla Corp. is considering dropping support for Mac OS X 10.4 after it ships the successor to Firefox 3.5 in 2010, according to ongoing discussions.
Microsoft Corp.'s decision to give some Windows 7 users a tool to run Windows XP applications in a virtual machine may have been necessary to convince people to upgrade, but it could create support nightmares, analysts said today.
Months after the issue first surfaced, Hewlett-Packard notebook owners continue to complain about defective Nvidia graphics cards that could cause laptops to fail.
Pirated copies of the Windows 7 Release Candidate have leaked to file-sharing sites, according to several reports on the Internet and searches of BitTorrent trackers.
The first netbook computer running the Google Inc.-backed Android mobile operating system on a low-cost ARM chip could become available to customers within three months, the maker's co-founder said this week.
Companies looking to cope with declining IT budgets by postponing the purchase of new laptop computers are likely making a mistake, according to a new report released by technology consulting firm J. Gold Associates.
India has ordered 250,000 laptops from the One Laptop Per Child (OLPC) organization, while a human rights organization will supply 5,000 OLPC machines to Sierra Leone.
Dell has scrapped its return-to-base warranty services for on-premises support.
Apple Inc. executives may be ridiculing netbooks as a computer category not worth their while, but analysts aren't buying it.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 2 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 3 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Ring Video Doorbell review
- 5 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
Join the newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- MSI GE73 7RF VR Raider Gaming Laptop: Full, in-depth review
- Traditional Aussie PC market defies global downward trend again
- Acer expands gaming notebook lineup with Predator Helios 300
- ASUS Announces Two New Entries into the VivoBook Range with the VivoBook 14 and VivoBook 15
- Hands-on: MSI's GT75VR Titan brings high-end HDR display tech to a gaming laptop
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- Huawei Y5 (2017)
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- FTPython DeveloperOther
- CCNetwork Automation EngineerVIC
- CCMultiple Hadoop Developers Canberra, Brisbane, Melbourne or AdelaideVIC
- FTIT Asset Management AnalystOther
- FTHogan Technical ConsultantOther
- CCSolutions Architect - SharepointACT
- FTBusiness Intelligence DeveloperSA
- CCWintel Engineer - BrisbaneVIC
- TPJava DeveloperNSW
- TPSenior Service DeskVIC
- FTExchange EngineerACT
- TPSolution Architect - AzureNSW
- TPSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- TPDesktop Support ConsultantVIC
- FTChange and Business Deployment Specialist - $800 per dayOther
- CCDesktop Support Engineer - Hunter Valley AreaNSW
- CCSenior Infrastructure EngineerNSW
- FTSystems and Database AdministratorACT
- CCTechnologyOne Systems AdministratorSA
- CCScrum Master / Project ManagerNSW
- CCLinux & Windows Systems Engineer - BrisbaneQLD
- FTSalesforce Platform LeadOther
- FTGun Java Developers wantedVIC