Dell today announced the first ruggedised netbook the company has designed specifically with students in mind: the Latitude 2100.
Notebooks - Features
Recently, the Web site analytics company Net Applications came out with figures that showed that in April, the percentage of "client devices" used to surf the Web that were running Linux crossed the 1% level for the first time ever -- 1.02%, to be ex...
The Toshiba Portege R600 is the lightest fully fledged notebook on the market at just 950 grams. It’s also deceptively strong and durable. In this slideshow we go beneath its exterior and expose the components that make it tick and the design tricks ...
Mozilla Labs is challenging Web designers to help it find a more innovative way to represent browser tabs.
May has brought a clutch of graphics-oriented gadgets from East Asia's electronics powerhouses including a couple of products featuring Toshiba's SpursEngine processor.
It seems unlikely that Apple will enter the netbook market, though Mac OS netbook rumors continue to circulate. Apple COO Tim Cook dissed the hot product category and suggested those wanting a Mac netbook should just buy an iPhone or iPod Touch inste...
Whether you're buying for yourself or outfitting a department, shopping for a laptop today is a double-edged sword. The good news is that there's a huge variety to choose from, all with pros and cons. The bad news is that for many buyers there are ju...
You might think that, as a Linux guy, I spend all my time converting friends and family to Linux. This is an epic cliche of the Slashdot-like Linux people, who will often post a comment like: "I switched my grandmother to Gentoo and she's never looke...
Thinking of buying an ultraportable laptop or a netbook soon? Check out this list of upcoming portables before you open your wallet.
Microsoft has released the beta version of its Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor, a free utility that tells you if your PC is ready to run Windows 7.
Tests of the Windows 7 Release Candidate in our PC World Test Center found that while Windows 7 was slightly faster on our WorldBench 6 suite, the differences may be barely noticeable to users
Consumer electronics like monitors, even in standby mode, can be notorious energy hogs that silently add to monthly electricity bills. Companies are coming out with smarter devices -- including power strips, plugs and electricity monitoring devices -...
We've compiled all the information you need to know about the Windows 7 Release Candidate and Microsoft's plans for the operating system.
We look at some of the changes Microsoft has made to Windows 7 since the Beta's release in January
Reports that Dell might use Google's Android OS in a netbook raises questions about what the device might look like and whether Android is ready for use beyond smartphones.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Windows 10's power-throttling feature will benefit battery-hungry laptops
- Microsoft's next Surface may be a Chromebook competitor for schools
- US says laptop ban may expand to more airports
- Intel's Cannonlake PC chip shipments may slip into next year
- Razer’s updated Blade Pro is the first ever THX-certified laptop
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCJava Developer / System Designer - Aus Citizens OnlyWA
- CCTechnical Business Analyst - Infrastructure - VirtualizationNSW
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsNSW
- FTBI BA Consultant l Microstrategy, Business ObjectsNSW
- FTLevel 3 Application Support AnalystVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Linux AdministratorNSW
- TPEnterprise ArchitectQLD
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTDeveloper / Junior Solution DesignerQLD
- FTHealthcare Application Integration SupportQLD
- FTSolution Architect - Datacentre / StorageQLD
- FTSAP APO ConsultantNSW
- CCIT Information ArchitectNSW
- CCIntegration ArchitectACT
- FTProject Manager- RiskSA
- CCSystems Specialist - Network Systems l Port MacquarieNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTOracle Database Administrator (DBA)SA
- TPSenior .NET Developer (Angular or React)NSW
- TPBusiness AnalystACT
- CCResource AnalystNSW