Our oceans are a common pool resource. We as individuals, communities and businesses have the right to enjoy them, but also a responsibility to protect them.
Notebooks - Features
Which laptops are on sale at big discounts?
Venom is a global laptop company based in Australia and we’ve been impressed with its products (like the Venom Blackbook 15X and the Blackbook 13 Zero) before. It’s built up a sizeable, cult following quite simply because it believes in making the be...
After using Surface Book i7 with Performance Base every day for a moth, senior writer Sarah K. White offers her impression of the Surface Book 2.
Intel Core i3, Core i5, and Core i7 CPUs have been around for a few years now, but some buyers still get stumped whenever they attempt to build their own systems and are forced to choose among the three. With the more recent 7th Generation (Kaby Lake...
Intel's Optane (3D Xpoint) memory, which could be 1,000 times faster than NAND flash, is due out next year, making it a suitable candidate for Apple's next-generation MacBook Pro. Optane will be compatible with the NVMe protocol, which Apple has been...
Apple has made the case that the iPad Pro, whether the 9.7-in. tablet or its larger 12.9-in. sibling, is a more-than-adequate replacement for a personal computer for some buyers.
Huawei released the Matebook, the latest 12-inch hybrid tablet aimed at changing the way you perform daily computing tasks. However, this device is bigger on looks than it is on brains.
VR demos, a backpack PC, crazy case mods, dragons, the best names, MSI had it all.
If there's one manufacturer that embraces Computex to its fullest every year it's Asus. Not only does the company show off it's latest and greatest tech but often crazy ideas that might never see the light of day. We love it.
If you're eyeing one of Microsoft's hybrid devices like the Surface Book, or want to make sure your next laptop is future-proof (hint: check the ports), this episode's for you. Executive News Editor Ken Mingis gets the details from Sharon Machlis, Ex...
After Apple's latest dig at PC users, we find out how the new iPad Pro really stacks up against Pro PC tablets.
Apple's new iPad Pro has a few similarity with its bigger, older sibling. But it also sports major new features.
If you can only have one, you’ll want to check out these reasons for choosing the iPad Pro over the MacBook – and vice versa.
Despite firmware and driver updates, users are reporting persistent problems with Microsoft's three-day-old laptop and tablet
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Windows 10's power-throttling feature will benefit battery-hungry laptops
- Microsoft's next Surface may be a Chromebook competitor for schools
- US says laptop ban may expand to more airports
- Intel's Cannonlake PC chip shipments may slip into next year
- Razer’s updated Blade Pro is the first ever THX-certified laptop
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPProject Manager | HealthQLD
- CCSenior Network Security EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager - (Customer Platforms)NSW
- FTSenior BI AnalystQLD
- CCIT Information ArchitectNSW
- FTSolution ConsultantVIC
- FTSenior ICT Project ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTApplication Services AdministratorNSW
- CCProject Manager - DigitalisationQLD
- FTReporting DeveloperSA
- FTLevel 3 Application Support AnalystVIC
- FTSystems Engineer | MSP backgroundVIC
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- FTMobile Studio Lead/ Mobile UX LeadNSW
- CCTibco Integration Specialist l Port MacquarieQLD
- FTIT Security RolesACT
- TPSenior Full-Stack DeveloperSA
- FTDrupal Web DeveloperACT
- CCCommercial ManagerVIC
- FTNetwork EngineerACT
- FTHealthcare Application Integration Support - Brisbane BasedWA
- FTRisk and Quality ManagerNSW
- TPIT Service ManagerNSW