Synology's annual 2018 showcase event in Sydney this week saw the company show off its new Synology Drive, active backup suite, Moments image-management system, AC2200 mesh-router and 18-Series model lineup.
Linksys has signed a three-year contract as the official and exclusive networking partner for PAX Australia.
Netgear has released a new 4G LTE Modem offering mobile broadband, along with a fail-safe connectivity solution.
Only yesterday we reviewed the Google WiFi mesh sytem and raved about how it had rendered the entire wireless router-plus-range-extender way of networking obsolete. Now here’s Linksys with its rival Velop system.
We’ve been testing WiFi products for more than ten years and it’s always been a total nightmare.
Much more than a me-too product, the Deco M5 delivers both innovation and performance.
Routers may appear to be a dime a dozen in the consumer space. Many small businesses might be tempted with something like the excellent Linksys EA9500 with its fast WiFi and eight Ethernet ports, but it won’t be suited to many, advanced business needs. This is where you start needing to look at Draytek and, in particular the Vigor 2952.
Orbi satellites communicate with the router, not with each other; but 4x4 backhaul enabled best-in-class performance in most of our benchmarks.
Plume wants to put a pod in every room of your house, with most router functions controlled by the cloud.
It’s not the right router for everyone, but there’s plenty to like and it’s priced right.
Much as we love WiFi, even the latest routers can have trouble reaching important places. For many people this means connecting a main computer or a games console to a router in another part of the house – and PC users don’t like connecting by WiFi: it’s just plain wrong (plus the unreliability of ping and connection speed is not good for things like gaming).
The new router sports 802.11ac and 802.11ad, a built-in Plex server, 10Gbps networking, and bonded gigabit Ethernet.
Linksys’ latest looks a bit like a massive upturned spider which can be a bit disconcerting in low-light and shadow-rich environments. It’s no looker, although the LED lights on the front have a certain Knight Rider quality to them.
Here are the broad strokes about 802.11ad, the wireless technology that’s just starting to hit the market.
This is a group test of three of the latest AC5300 (and AC5400) 802.11ac, MU-MIMO wireless routers. It’s part of a series of articles that has seen us investigate:-
Watch this expert video review to find out more!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Join the newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Synology announces slew of new hardware + software at Sydney event
- Linksys signs on as PAX AUS partner
- NETGEAR 4G LTE Modem Keeps You Online
- Plume's 'routerless' mesh network blankets your home in Wi-Fi with an army of tiny pods
- Netgear Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router goes all the way to 11
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Opinon: Life after KRACK
- Jabra Elite Sport (2017) review
- How to download the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update right now
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPSoftware DeveloperSA
- CCManager-Process Tranformation (Black Belt)NSW
- CCTraining and Support LeadACT
- FTData Analyst/Business Analyst/Project ManagerACT
- TPTest AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperVIC
- TPEL1 Project ManagerACT
- FTMarketing Communications ManagerOther
- CCLead Pega Systems ArchitectACT
- CCSolutions ArchitectVIC
- CCSenior Test Engineer - Telecom domainVIC
- FTClient PrincipalOther
- FTProject ManagerOther
- TPProject Manager - Data Feed ReplacementVIC
- FTHR Analyst - Remuneration & PerformanceOther
- FTCoordinator X2 - Construction, Transport, RailOther
- CCSalesforce Business AnalystNSW
- CCData Analysts x3ACT
- FTDigital Marketing ExecutiveOther
- FTSenior Solutions ArchitectNSW
- FTEnterprise Architect - ApplicationsOther
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- FTSOA/OSB Integration ConsultantOther
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- FTSolutions Architect - Metering Systems / AMIOther