Actiontec's ScreenBeam Pro WiDi (wireless display) device is one that can be used easily and conveniently to stream the contents of your laptop or phone screen to a big-screen TV. It works with the latest Intel Wi-Fi chips that support WiDi, and it s...
Networking, Wireless & VoIP - Reviews
TP-Link's TD-W8980 is an ADSL2+ modem-router that's fit to the run the Internet distribution needs of a fairly typical home network. We found it to be a reliable performer during our extended test period, and it was also very easy to set-up and use. ...
A new shape has been embraced by D-Link and it's cylindrical. The company's DSL-2890AL modem-router immediately stands out because of its tall and round design, but it's also got plenty of good stuff inside. It's an 802.11ac router that can supply fa...
Sometimes there's nothing better than a wireless router with the lot. In iiNet's case, though, there is. The company's Labs division has come up with an all-in-one modem-router that not only incorporates VoIP features and storage sharing functions, b...
Wi-Fi routers aren’t usually the most impressive products in any company’s arsenal, and you’d be forgiven for thinking that they’re just beige boxes hiding underneath your desk. But this one is different -- Asus’s RT-N66U is a Wireless-N Wi-Fi router...
Apart from its funky styling and a triple antenna array, what sets the ASUS DSL-N55U apart from other modem-routers that we've tested is its interface. It has one of the more graphical Web interfaces we've seen, and we think it makes the N55U a pleas...
You don't get the current fastest wireless networking standard with the Billion BiPAC 7800NXL, but what you do get is a reliable ADSL2+ modem-router that can also make use of 3G and 4G mobile broadband modems. It's fairly simple to set up, it has a g...
Belkin's AC1200 is part of the new breed of wireless routers that can make use of the 802.11ac specification. It's a stylish unit that's relatively straightforward to install, and its wireless and wired networking performance were both reliable in ou...
TP-Link's TD-W8970 is an all-in-one modem-router that represents excellent value for money. It's an 802.11n wireless router with a built-in ADSL2+ modem and there is a four-port Gigabit Ethernet switch thrown in for good measure, as well as support f...
The Billion BiPAC 7800VDOX is an all-in-one wireless router that's designed to take care of all your home or small office networking needs. This thing has it all: from simultaneous dual-band Wi-Fi, to a built-in ADSL2+ modem, and even support for the...
Netcomm's N900 NF2 is a versatile little networking device that is suitable for home and home-office use. It features 802.11n simultaneous dual-band Wi-Fi, Gigabit Ethernet, and it even allows for a 3G or 4G dongle to be used as a back-up Internet co...
The Linksys EA6500 is a wireless router that features the new 802.11ac wireless networking standard. This standard can allow for wireless transmission speeds up to a theoretical maximum of 1300Mhz and it's perfect if you want to use your wireless net...
The Western Digital My Net Central N900 is a dual-band, 802.11n wireless router with a twist: it has a built-in hard drive so that you can easily store and share content across your network and over the Internet. It's a very convenient and neat solut...
At the enthusiast end of the wireless networking market there is a router that can perform faster than practically every other consumer wireless router on the Australian market. It's the Netgear R6300 and it supports the latest (though yet to be rati...
The Linksys EA4500 is a wireless router that supports simultaneous dual-band Wi-Fi at speeds up to 450 megabits per second (Mbps) per band. It's a home router that's a little different to most of the other routers we've seen this year; primarily, it ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 3 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 4 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 5 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Wi-Fi Alliance introduces a certification program for new smart home construction
- Google's Espresso networking tech takes SD-WAN to internet scale
- Netgear expands its Orbi Wi-Fi system into a product family, adding two less-expensive models
- Chips coming by June will herald the next generation of Wi-Fi
- Plume's 'routerless' mesh network blankets your home in Wi-Fi with an army of tiny pods
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- Linksys Velop mesh WiFi review
- Google WiFi review
- D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPICT Project CoordinatorACT
- CCData Visualisation SpecialistNSW
- FTProduct/Project Coordinator-AGILE/SCRUMOther
- FTIntermediate Project ManagerQLD
- FTService Delivery ManagerVIC
- FTService Management Specialist (ServiceNow) - TelecommunicationsOther
- FTProject Coordinator - DigitalOther
- FTNetwork Solution Architect -Telecommunications InfrastructureOther
- FTProject Manager-Rail/ Telecommunication /Electrical engineeringOther
- FTICT Procurement and Contracting SpecialistOther
- CCJunior to Mid-level Devops ConsultantQLD
- FTSoftware EngineerOther
- TPPMO SpecialistQLD
- FTIntegration Technical SpecialistOther
- FTBig Data ArchitectOther
- FTOffice & Operations AdministratorNSW
- CCMicrosoft (Sharepoint) Specialist-Bathurst or Port MacquarieQLD
- FTRecruitment ConsultantACT
- FTTechnical Lead (Azure AD)Other
- FTCloud & Office 365 Project ManagerOther
- CCAMI ArchitectWA
- FTSenior Developer - C++/Perl/PythonOther
- FTTeam Lead / Senior Software Engineer - Python, Perl, LinuxOther
- CCProgram ManagerNSW
- TPGIS ConsultantVIC