Nokia has begun publicly discussing what some are calling the mobile phone maker's biggest product response yet to the Apple iPhone -- a device with the code-name "Tube".
Networking, Wireless & VoIP - News
The Bug Labs BUG is a modular, open-source gadget that allows users to create their own combinations of plug-in modules, and then customise software to take advantage of the functionality offered.
More than one-third of the ultramobile PCs coming later this year on Intel's Atom Centrino platform will offer a combination of WiMax and Wi-Fi, the head of the company's Ultra Mobility Group said Tuesday.
Motorola, in partnership with Optus, has announced the launch of SCREEN3, a content service available on all MOTORAZR2 V9 and MOTOKRZR handsets through Optus.
At at time when carriers are just swallowing 10 Gigabit per second technology, Nortel Networks says will soon let them significantly up their network speeds without ripping apart their fibre infrastructure.
Motorola has released a Draft 802.11n access point that supports wireless meshing, plus a new wireless controller.
In around about a month from now, Linksys will unleash its latest broadband router - the WRT160N - which specifically targets users who are after a more wireless networking range.
Australian researchers announced this week that they have created a 60GHz, CMOS single-chip radio that can transmit 5 gigabits per second over about 30 feet.
While Apple's iPhone 2.0 software announcement last week includes vastly improved security protections, questions remain over whether it will meet the demands of large corporations, such as banks, that must meet rigid government standards for data pr...
More than 600 predictions were released by analysts this week in ICT industry research reports that identify a long list of trends, forecasts and estimates ranging from the top technologies for the year 2010 to growing tensions in the telecommunicati...
Wireless N Access Point and Quadband Wireless N Router, which both transmit at 5GHz, are the latest additions to D-Link's family of 802.11n products, announced at the CeBIT trade show.
At the Cebit trade show, DS2 and Devolo are showing faster power line networks, supporting speeds of up to 400M bps (bits per second) -- twice the maximum capacity that the technology provides today.
iiNet is seeking to fill the gap in the small office and SMB VoIP market with the introduction of a multi-line VoIP service, announced today.
Complexity has made unified communications difficult to implement, but Siemens hopes to change that with OpenScape Unified Communications Server.
Opera Mobile and Opera Mini users will start seeing a Google search bar on their browser start pages, based on an agreement between the companies.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 2 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 3 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 4 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 5 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Netgear expands its Orbi Wi-Fi system into a product family, adding two less-expensive models
- Chips coming by June will herald the next generation of Wi-Fi
- Plume's 'routerless' mesh network blankets your home in Wi-Fi with an army of tiny pods
- Netgear Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router goes all the way to 11
- New Skype Preview lets Windows 10 Insiders manage phone texts on PCs
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Asus launches laptops to start Computex 2017
- Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTSplunk Software Developer | 6mth ContractVIC
- CCTechnical WriterVIC
- FTApplication Support EngineerACT
- FTIT Support / Desktop SupportSA
- FTLevel 2 Desktop Support - Microsoft Office 365 experienceNSW
- FTWEB DesignerQLD
- FTAutomation Test AnalystWA
- CCIT Security Risk AnalystVIC
- CCNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCState-wide Business Transition LeadQLD
- FTDatabase Developer - SQLACT
- FTProject Manager / Web DeveloperVIC
- CCReporting System Specialist - Port MacquarieNSW
- CCImplementation Manager/PlannerVIC
- CCSQL Server Database Specialist l Bathurst LocationNSW
- CCBusiness Project Manager-Grant ManagementNSW
- TPEOI - JAVA DeveloperACT
- CCMicrosoft (Sharepoint) Specialist-BathurstNSW
- FTChange AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Business AnalystACT
- CCTechnical Support EngineerNSW
- FTImplementation Engineer - Cisco UCSWA
- CCSenior Data EngineerNSW