E-mail collaboration software vendor Open-Xchange has released beta software that adds an enterprise-critical feature to Apple's popular iPhone -- the ability to receive calendar and contact updates wirelessly instead of plugging the device into a co...
Networking, Wireless & VoIP - News
A new online services directory, dubbed FreeConnect, launched last week, claiming to be Australia's first online VoIP directory service.
Intel will delay the launch of its upcoming Centrino 2 platform for laptop computers to resolve issues related to the chipset and the antenna used with the wireless chipset.
Wi-Fi moochers beware: eTelemetry has released a new device that's designed to spoil your free ride.
The lack of certainty surrounding exactly who will bring the iPhone to Australia, and what model will be released here, has been clarified a little further today with an announcement by Optus that it too has signed an agreement to bring the iPhone to...
The proposed IEEE wireless LAN mesh specification is already getting some traction, though still over 18 months from final ratification, thanks to early experimentation by the One Laptop Per Child Foundation and a recently launched open source projec...
PacketHop this week unveiled the first commercial implementation of the draft IEEE 802.11s wireless-LAN mesh standard.
Sharp will start selling the X-series of 37-, 42-, and 46-inch HDTV sets in Japan next month that include a paired set of wireless transmitters for high-definition video using technology from Amimon. Amimon uses unlicensed frequency in the 4.9 to 5.9...
Mobile phone services outnumbered the Australian population for the first time as of 30 June 2007, when 21.26 million mobile phone services were in operation, according to a report released this week by the Australian Communications and Media Authori...
Netgear this week will roll out network and storage gear aimed at a range of small and midsize businesses, including a new 802.11n wireless LAN product line.
EBay-owned Skype has released into open beta testing a client for mobile phones that supports phone calls, chat and other features of the popular VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) application.
Skype has announced a flat rate for international calls, further showing how difficult it is to make money from telephony, according to analysts.
Although it is illegal in some parts of the world, 12 percent of U.S. and U.K. respondents to an Accenture survey have logged on to someone else's unsecured Wi-Fi connection.
The Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA) has released a three-strand approach to regulating Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) services which includes the introduction of a compliance program.
Several major Apple resellers have dismissed online rumours which claimed the vendor's popular iPhone could reach Australian users by the end of June.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Ring Video Doorbell review
- 2 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 4 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 5 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
Join the newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Wi-Fi Alliance introduces a certification program for new smart home construction
- Netgear expands its Orbi Wi-Fi system into a product family, adding two less-expensive models
- Chips coming by June will herald the next generation of Wi-Fi
- Plume's 'routerless' mesh network blankets your home in Wi-Fi with an army of tiny pods
- Netgear Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router goes all the way to 11
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- Ford Everest Trend RWD 3.2L Diesel review
- Ford Everest Trend in its natural habitat
- Linksys Velop mesh WiFi review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPICT Project CoordinatorACT
- FTWeb DesignerACT
- CCCognos Lead / Cognos DeveloperACT
- FTApplication Support Lead l Experience with health applicationsNSW
- CCSenior DevOps EngineerVIC
- CCPalo Alto Network Security Expert - BRISBANENSW
- FTOrganisation Change ManagerOther
- FTETL TesterACT
- FTService Delivery Manager - Telecommunications InfrastructureOther
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerACT
- FTHardware Engineering ManagerNSW
- CCVCE EngineerNSW
- FTChange ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness Technical writerNSW
- FTProject Coordinator - DigitalOther
- CCServiceNow ConsultantQLD
- FTSolution ArchitectOther
- FTMobile Studio Manager - GAME CHANGER!Other
- FTTech Lead - FinTech - Product DevelopmentOther
- FTSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCAsset Management specialistNSW
- CCSenior IT Project ManagerVIC
- FTIteration ManagerOther
- TPProcurement and Contracts ManagerQLD
- CCCognos Lead / Cognos DeveloperACT