A new online services directory, dubbed FreeConnect, launched last week, claiming to be Australia's first online VoIP directory service.
Networking, Wireless & VoIP - News
Intel will delay the launch of its upcoming Centrino 2 platform for laptop computers to resolve issues related to the chipset and the antenna used with the wireless chipset.
Wi-Fi moochers beware: eTelemetry has released a new device that's designed to spoil your free ride.
The lack of certainty surrounding exactly who will bring the iPhone to Australia, and what model will be released here, has been clarified a little further today with an announcement by Optus that it too has signed an agreement to bring the iPhone to...
The proposed IEEE wireless LAN mesh specification is already getting some traction, though still over 18 months from final ratification, thanks to early experimentation by the One Laptop Per Child Foundation and a recently launched open source projec...
PacketHop this week unveiled the first commercial implementation of the draft IEEE 802.11s wireless-LAN mesh standard.
Sharp will start selling the X-series of 37-, 42-, and 46-inch HDTV sets in Japan next month that include a paired set of wireless transmitters for high-definition video using technology from Amimon. Amimon uses unlicensed frequency in the 4.9 to 5.9...
Mobile phone services outnumbered the Australian population for the first time as of 30 June 2007, when 21.26 million mobile phone services were in operation, according to a report released this week by the Australian Communications and Media Authori...
Netgear this week will roll out network and storage gear aimed at a range of small and midsize businesses, including a new 802.11n wireless LAN product line.
EBay-owned Skype has released into open beta testing a client for mobile phones that supports phone calls, chat and other features of the popular VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) application.
Skype has announced a flat rate for international calls, further showing how difficult it is to make money from telephony, according to analysts.
Although it is illegal in some parts of the world, 12 percent of U.S. and U.K. respondents to an Accenture survey have logged on to someone else's unsecured Wi-Fi connection.
The Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA) has released a three-strand approach to regulating Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) services which includes the introduction of a compliance program.
Several major Apple resellers have dismissed online rumours which claimed the vendor's popular iPhone could reach Australian users by the end of June.
Built for the Chinese market as well as export, the Cool G108 is a 'clamshell'-style watch phone with a 1.5-inch colour LCD display.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Netgear expands its Orbi Wi-Fi system into a product family, adding two less-expensive models
- Chips coming by June will herald the next generation of Wi-Fi
- Plume's 'routerless' mesh network blankets your home in Wi-Fi with an army of tiny pods
- Netgear Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router goes all the way to 11
- New Skype Preview lets Windows 10 Insiders manage phone texts on PCs
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPSoftware Licensing SpecialistNSW
- TPBusiness Analyst | DETQLD
- TPAV Design SpecialistNSW
- CCSenior Linux AdministratorNSW
- FTProject Manager- RiskSA
- CCGIS DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior Information Security SpecialistQLD
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- TPProject CoordinatorNSW
- FTJava Team LeadVIC
- FTSenior Process Specialist | ProcurementVIC
- CCNetworks Engineer - SecurityVIC
- FTGeospatial Data AnalystVIC
- TPSenior iOS EngineerNSW
- CCCommercial ManagerVIC
- FTTest AnalystACT
- FTUI/UX DesignerSA
- FTTIBCO Support Analyst - PERM DESKVIC
- TPChange ManagerNSW
- CCSolution DesignerVIC
- TPLinux System AdministratorQLD
- CCDesktop Support/ Field Services EngineerQLD
- CCDevops Consultant - 12 month contractVIC
- CCDocument ControllerNSW
- CCSCCM EngineerNSW