Despite a month long delay in shipping, analysts say Intel's first quad-core laptop processor will keep the chipmaker well ahead of arch rival Advanced Micro Devices.
Networking, Wireless & VoIP - News
With a market size three times bigger than the Internet today, Internet search engines Yahoo! and Google both aim to bring the Internet to about 3.2 billion mobile phone users as compared to the 850 million PC users today.
Researchers at IBM have developed software that lets mobile users create slimmed-down Web pages that can be viewed more easily on a small device such as a mobile phone.
Alcatel-Lucent has released an updated version of its wireless-security appliance for laptop PCs.
Telstra (ASX:TLS) today unveiled a new service that will allow its customers to find the location of mobile phone users in near-real time.
The Wi-Fi Alliance celebrated the first anniversary of the 802.11n draft 2.0 certification last week, and said the faster Wi-Fi technology's "upward trajectory ... continues unabated."
Nearly three weeks after security vendor Symantec released a free tool to clean up PCs crippled by the Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3) update, Microsoft issued a fix that should reestablish lost Internet and wireless connections.
With Wi-Fi already available in many coffee shops and coming soon to some airplanes, it was only a matter of time before a US carmaker started offering Wi-Fi access for automobiles.
Fujitsu Microelectronics has announced a new mobile WiMAX chipset optimized for mobile WiMAX devices such as smart phones and PDAs. The chipset includes a baseband LSI, MB86K22; an RF LSI, MB86K52; and a power management LSI, MB39C316. These three de...
Skype has made available a test version of its latest upgrade, Skype 4.0, which the eBay unit calls its biggest and most ambitious release in its almost five-year history.
A common compression technique can make internet telephone calls significantly more susceptible to bugging, according to recent research from Johns Hopkins University.
The first commercial Ethernet switch has been successfully deployed in space aboard the Columbus module research laboratory.
XO Communications will team up with optical vendor Infinera next week to demonstrate how 100 Gigabit Ethernet traffic can be sent over 10 10Gbps wavelengths.
Media processing vendor Pika Technologies announced Friday that its Warp appliance line is customer-ready and ready to slay the Nortels and Ciscos of the world in a bid for the small to mid-sized corporate tele-space.
E-mail collaboration software vendor Open-Xchange has released beta software that adds an enterprise-critical feature to Apple's popular iPhone -- the ability to receive calendar and contact updates wirelessly instead of plugging the device into a co...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Netgear expands its Orbi Wi-Fi system into a product family, adding two less-expensive models
- Chips coming by June will herald the next generation of Wi-Fi
- Plume's 'routerless' mesh network blankets your home in Wi-Fi with an army of tiny pods
- Netgear Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router goes all the way to 11
- New Skype Preview lets Windows 10 Insiders manage phone texts on PCs
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCProject Scheduler/CoordinatorVIC
- FTWindows Server Engineer MCSE, SCCM, SCOM, PowershellNSW
- FTICT Sales Account ManagerQLD
- CCVirtualisation / Infrastructure ArchitectACT
- CCTelecommunication Business SpecialistVIC
- FTBusiness Process AnalystNSW
- CCDigital Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTLevel 2/ 3 Systems AdministratorVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- FTHelpdesk AnalystNSW
- CCSecurity ConsultantVIC
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- TPEOI - Developer/Tester/Software EngineerACT
- CCJava Developer IntegrationQLD
- FTGraduate Technical ConsultantACT
- CCProject Communications and Engagement SpecialistQLD
- TPSenior Full-Stack DeveloperSA
- CCSolution Architect - Network Operations/Design - TelcoVIC
- FT.NET DeveloperWA
- FTProduct Manager - Machine To MachineVIC
- FTDeveloper - Python, Ruby, or PerlQLD
- FTSenior MS Dynamics CRM Technical ConsultantVIC
- FTPMO CoordinatorVIC
- FTAsst. Director - Claim Analysis. Work Location - CanberraACT
- FTIntegration DeveloperWA