Amazon is set to release two new models of its popular e-book reader, the Kindle, according to the TechCrunch blog.
Networking, Wireless & VoIP - News
Despite a month long delay in shipping, analysts say Intel's first quad-core laptop processor will keep the chipmaker well ahead of arch rival Advanced Micro Devices.
With a market size three times bigger than the Internet today, Internet search engines Yahoo! and Google both aim to bring the Internet to about 3.2 billion mobile phone users as compared to the 850 million PC users today.
Researchers at IBM have developed software that lets mobile users create slimmed-down Web pages that can be viewed more easily on a small device such as a mobile phone.
Alcatel-Lucent has released an updated version of its wireless-security appliance for laptop PCs.
Telstra (ASX:TLS) today unveiled a new service that will allow its customers to find the location of mobile phone users in near-real time.
The Wi-Fi Alliance celebrated the first anniversary of the 802.11n draft 2.0 certification last week, and said the faster Wi-Fi technology's "upward trajectory ... continues unabated."
Nearly three weeks after security vendor Symantec released a free tool to clean up PCs crippled by the Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3) update, Microsoft issued a fix that should reestablish lost Internet and wireless connections.
With Wi-Fi already available in many coffee shops and coming soon to some airplanes, it was only a matter of time before a US carmaker started offering Wi-Fi access for automobiles.
Fujitsu Microelectronics has announced a new mobile WiMAX chipset optimized for mobile WiMAX devices such as smart phones and PDAs. The chipset includes a baseband LSI, MB86K22; an RF LSI, MB86K52; and a power management LSI, MB39C316. These three de...
Skype has made available a test version of its latest upgrade, Skype 4.0, which the eBay unit calls its biggest and most ambitious release in its almost five-year history.
A common compression technique can make internet telephone calls significantly more susceptible to bugging, according to recent research from Johns Hopkins University.
The first commercial Ethernet switch has been successfully deployed in space aboard the Columbus module research laboratory.
XO Communications will team up with optical vendor Infinera next week to demonstrate how 100 Gigabit Ethernet traffic can be sent over 10 10Gbps wavelengths.
Media processing vendor Pika Technologies announced Friday that its Warp appliance line is customer-ready and ready to slay the Nortels and Ciscos of the world in a bid for the small to mid-sized corporate tele-space.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Ring Video Doorbell review
- 2 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 4 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 5 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
Join the newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Wi-Fi Alliance introduces a certification program for new smart home construction
- Netgear expands its Orbi Wi-Fi system into a product family, adding two less-expensive models
- Chips coming by June will herald the next generation of Wi-Fi
- Plume's 'routerless' mesh network blankets your home in Wi-Fi with an army of tiny pods
- Netgear Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router goes all the way to 11
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- Ford Everest Trend RWD 3.2L Diesel review
- Ford Everest Trend in its natural habitat
- Linksys Velop mesh WiFi review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCJava Team LeaderQLD
- FTSolution ArchitectOther
- FTIntegration Technical SpecialistOther
- FTChange AnalystOther
- TPTraining Materials Developer / TrainerVIC
- FTBusiness Development Lead - Digital StrategistOther
- FTMid Level .Net DeveloperOther
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- CCSAP UI5/Fiori DevelopersACT
- FTManager, Business Intelligence & Integration SystemsNSW
- CCData Architect - Government - Contract - SydneyNSW
- FTBizTalk Technical Lead - BRISBANEWA
- CCSenior System EngineerNSW
- CCCognos Lead / Cognos Developer - CANBERRA BASEDVIC
- FTAutomation TesterVIC
- CCSenior Application Project ManagerNSW
- FTBig Data ArchitectOther
- TPProcurement and Contracts ManagerQLD
- FTDelivery Manager - Agile / Scrum / DigitalOther
- FTSenior System AnalystOther
- TPMobile DeveloperQLD
- TPSenior Software Engineer C#NSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Cyber Security EnvironmentACT
- CCInfrastructure Architect - JuniorACT
- FTCloud Project ManagerOther