Sony unveiled its new high-resolution audio player, the NWZ-ZX1. The Walkman-branded player was showcased by Sony's chief sound engineer Kaji Nageno at a launch event held at Sydney’s Ivy.
MP3 Players - Slideshows
Apple unveiled its new iPhone 5 overnight at the Yerbua Buena Center for the Arts. In simple terms, the device is faster, thinner, and bigger than the previous devices. Yes, the device will work with 4G in Australia. Apple also revealed its new range of iPod products, and its new earphone concept.
Deciding what to buy friends and loved ones gifts for Christmas is never easy, but there are plenty of little gizmos to choose from if they are technically-minded. We've put together a little list of what we think would make useful and interesting gifts, from portable speakers to iPhone apps, from vinyl-to-MP3 rippers to phone-controlled helicopters -- we've tried to keep the mix as eclectic as possible.
One of the funnest parts of the Consumer Electronics Show are the cool, the crazy, and just-around-the-corner products.
We got sick of seeing me-too tablets and hearing overblown claims about 4G networks. And the T-Pain microphone? Just painful.
Since its founding in 1946, Sony has produced some of the biggest hits in consumer electronics. Brand names like Walkman, Handycam and Trinitron helped define the company as a giant in the industry and more recent hits like Cybershot, Vaio, Bravia and PlayStation have helped keep it there. But no success story is failure-free. Let's take a look back at some Sony products that didn't win consumers' hearts and minds.
Best deals of the week: 26 February
There are hundreds of MP3 and portable media players to choose from on the market. Here are five of our favourites!
We braved bedbugs, bad PR people, long taxi lines, and greasy convention-center food, all to find the hottest new gadgets and gear.
Great deals whether you're back at work or getting ready for school
Big savings on Dell Wasabi printer, Logitech Squeezebox Boom wireless music system, plus lots more!
While there haven't been the same frenzied price drops and big bargain deals that the television market has enjoyed, there are still some good deals around if you're after a pair of headphones, an MP3 player or a digital radio this Christmas.
Gear up for the long weekend with a smokin' plasma TV deal and more!
Many of rock's greatest moments hinge on shifts in music technology. Here is a chronology of some of the highlights.
Discounted Apple products, cheap colour laser printing and more!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Ring Video Doorbell review
- 2 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 4 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 5 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
Join the newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple TV will serve as hub for remotely controlling HomeKit devices
- Sony Smart B-Trainer headset gives runners vocal advice
- The iPod classic plays its last
- Apple iPod Touch pricing slashed by up to 25 per cent in Australia
- Apple shows off iPod touch, nano updates
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- Ford Everest Trend RWD 3.2L Diesel review
- Ford Everest Trend in its natural habitat
- Linksys Velop mesh WiFi review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSOA DeveloperOther
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- FTChange AnalystOther
- TPDigital/Application ArchitectNSW
- FTScrum MasterOther
- FTCloud Service Support EngineerOther
- FTFull Stack DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Risk Analyst | 6mth ContractOther
- FTSenior C Developer - Hardcore Developer!Other
- FTChange Implementation ManagerOther
- TPSenior Systems AnalystVIC
- CCEnterprise Architect - Mining OperationsQLD
- FTSoftware Licensing AnalystOther
- CCDesktop Support EngineerVIC
- FTProject Coordinator -Finance, budgets, forecasts, policyOther
- FTData EngineerOther
- FTTeam Lead Enterprise Services & InfrastructureOther
- FTCloud Specialist/SME - TelcoOther
- FTJunior-Mid level .Net/Front-End Developer (Brisbane location)NSW
- FTSQL Server DBAOther
- CCProject Manager (Exploration Data Mgmt)SA
- FTSecurity ArchitectOther
- CCMid-Senior Project OfficerNSW
- TPProject Manager - HealthQLD
- FTChange AnalystOther