Apple has slashed the prices of its premium iPod Touch by up to 25 per cent and updated the feature set of its introductory 16GB model.
MP3 Player & iPod Accessories
Sony unveiled its new high-resolution audio player, the NWZ-ZX1. The Walkman-branded player was showcased by Sony's chief sound engineer Kaji Nageno at a launch event held at Sydney’s Ivy.
Logitech's UE Air Speaker uses Apple's wireless AirPlay technology to play streamed music from a compatible iOS device. The UE Air is a large, but good looking speaker system that's ridiculously easy to set up and use, but its sound quality is a little disappointing considering its price tag.
The Veho Mimi Qube Wi-Fi speaker is a simple solution for distributing audio from your computer to any part of your home or office. It ships with a wireless adapter that also acts as a sound card and transmits all audio from your computer to wherever the little Veho speaker lies. It's very easy to install -- we tested on a Windows 7 system and didn't have to contend with any drivers at all.
Razer's Ferox is a portable speaker set aimed at portable gaming systems like the DS and the PSP; it'll work with just about any device with a headphone jack though, like MP3 and portable DVD players.
The Revo Ikon is an iPod docking station with a built-in digital radio tuner, as well as built-in networking connections that allow you to receive Internet radio and stream music from your computers. It has two 15W speakers and a 3.5in touch screen interface, but it is a small and hard-to-use interface, and the dock overall could use a better physical design.
The Pure Avanti Flow is a tabletop digital radio that can also receive FM and Internet radio broadcasts as well as play music from your iPod and networked computer. It's best suited to a small room where its relatively low maximum volume won't be a problem, and its awkward shape makes it difficult to place on bookshelves. However, for listening to multiple music sources it's a great device.
Some speakers are destined to blend discreetly into your environment. Not so the Harman Kardon GLA-55, whose multi-faceted-diamond looks are positively shouting for attention.
The Cygnett Micro is a re-chargeable portable speaker from Cygnett that can be used with iPods, MP3 players and mobile phones.
The Pure One Elite is a digital radio with a neo-retro design and a very reasonable price tag.
The TDK iWave is a 2.1 stereo audio system and iPod dock with a remote control. It uses two 5 Watt speakers and a 10W subwoofer, and these deliver great sound.
The TDK iClassic speaker system is a cheap, entry-level iPod dock. However don’t expect too much from the iClassic; you get what you pay for in terms of sound quality.
The Plantronics Explorer 395 is a good-looking, easy-to-use Bluetooth headset that is obviously designed (and priced) for the casual user -- somebody who wants to be able to do hands-free calling but doesn't need to be glued to a mobile phone.
Apple will shut down its Lala online music streaming service on May 31. The move comes just five months after Apple bought Lala for an undisclosed price. Could this indicate Apple is serious about opening up a Web-based version of iTunes software-based storefront based on the Lala platform? Some speculate Apple may announce a Web-based version of iTunes this June at the company's annual Worldwide Developers Conference.
For the last couple of weeks, I've been running with a new gadget: Adidas' miCoach Pacer, a set of three small devices that combine audio coaching with a stride sensor and a heart-rate monitor. There's a lot to like about the miCoach Pacer, but a buggy Web site and the lack of native application support undermine what otherwise could be a very useful tool.
HP’s OfficeJet range of printers can help your business improve quality and efficiency while cutting prices!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 3 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 4 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 5 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple iPod Touch pricing slashed by up to 25 per cent in Australia
- Plantronics Explorer 395 - a Bluetooth headset for everyday use
- Apple's shutdown of Lala Fuel rumors of Web-based iTunes
- On the run with Adidas' miCoach Pacer
- Panasonic reports $4bn loss
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- Linksys Velop mesh WiFi review
- Google WiFi review
- D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPSAP Solutions Architect|Project ManagerQLD
- FTChange & Communications Manager, Financial ServicesNSW
- FTDelivery HeadWA
- FTData EngineerOther
- FTDrupal DeveloperQLD
- FTService Delivery Manager - Telecommunications InfrastructureOther
- FTSQL Server DBAOther
- CCData Visualisation SpecialistNSW
- CCSenior Automation Test Analyst - BrisbaneVIC
- FTAutomation Test AnalystWA
- FTData Analyst (Dialler Analyst)SA
- CCWS02 Senior DeveloperNSW
- TPEnterprise Solutions ArchitectNSW
- TPAPS 6 Business AnalystACT
- FTTest AnalystOther
- FTSecurity ArchitectOther
- FTService Delivery CoordinatorOther
- FTTechnical Business AnalystSA
- FTSenior UI / UX DesignerQLD
- CCBusiness Systems AnalystQLD
- FTBusiness analystOther
- FTSenior Java DeveloperQLD
- CCPrincipal Java DeveloperQLD
- CCInfrastructure Architect - JuniorACT
- FTBusiness Process Transition ManagerVIC