Here’s a phone we’ve looked forward to reviewing. The Mate 7 was our phone of 2014 and the Mate 8 was in our Top 5 best phones of 2016. We’ve reviewed many middling phones of late so we’ve been hoping that Huawei’s new flagship would impress us. It didn’t get off to a great start. We’ve associated the Mate range with outstanding value but the Mate 9’s price has inflated to into premium territory to match the market rather than undercut it. So did it bring anything new to the table to justify the inflated price? Yes it did.
ZTE has perhaps been best known for manufacturing other people’s phones – Telstra has used them to make it’s own phones in the past. But with the Axon 7, we’re seeing the company launch it’s own flagship onto these shores under its own banner.
We’ve been seriously impressed with Oppo phones in the past. The Oppo F1s was one of the best value phones of last year. Now the R9S hits the market with a spec sheet that rivals a Samsung Galaxy S7 – but it’s much thinner and looks great, so should you buy it?
Once you upgrade to iOS 10, take some time to peruse the Settings app to tweak your device to your liking.
Samsung’s Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge are arguably the most anticipated new smartphones this year, but who has the best deals for the new phones and which one should you pick?
Sony Mobile has released its next-generation wearable, the SmartBand 2, to the Australian market.
Telstra opened pre-orders for the Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 edge at 12.01am on Friday, February 26. Customers pre-ordering these phones will receive a free Samsung Gear VR, while stocks last.
Sharp has approved an offer from Hon Hai Precision Industry and related companies to acquire over 66 per cent of the company’s voting stock, making the Taiwanese contract manufacturer the new parent of the venerable Japanese firm.
Google said it will alert users in their search results page to corresponding webpages that have been optimized to run fast on smartphones and tablets.
The company confirmed the Z line will be no more, turning their focus to the Xperia X series.
The first new flagship smartphone in over a year from China's Xiaomi packs technology to match the iPhone 6 and Samsung Galaxy S7, but at around half the price.
Technology companies from all over the world descended on Barcelona, Spain for Mobile World Congress 2016. We were there to show you the best of the product releases from companies large and small. Photos by Chris Player who travelled to MWC as a guest of Huawei Australia.
The LG G5, Samsung Galaxy 7 and HP Elite x3 premiered at the Mobile World Congress on Sunday, and they offer three very different views of the world.
Samsung had an opportunity to be an innovator by including future-looking technologies in its new Galaxy S7 and and S7 Edge smartphones. But the company played it safe with incremental upgrades like a microSD slot and better camera.
Sony's new Xperia X Series features thin, light smartphones with feature touches that include what Sony calls "layers of intelligent technology."
Need a fuss free mobile printer for working on the go? The Brother PocketJet Thermal Printer is the perfect solution for today's workforce
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 2 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 3 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Ring Video Doorbell review
- 5 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
Join the newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Settings in iOS 10: Every notable change you need to know
- Which telco has the best Galaxy S7 plan?
- Sony Mobile launches SmartBand 2
- Telstra opens pre-orders for Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 edge
- Foxconn to pay over $US6bn for a majority stake in Sharp
PCW Evaluation Team
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- Huawei Y5 (2017)
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- FTSenior Software Engineer - C++ and NodeQLD
- FTDatabase AnalystOther
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCNon-Functional Test ConsultantNSW
- FTNetwork Technical Specialist - needs Telco expOther
- FTSenior Change ManagerACT
- FTService Design Analyst (Service Management Specialist- ITIL)Other
- FTGun Java Developers wantedVIC
- FTProcess AdministratorOther
- FTApplications Support SpecialistSA
- FTSalesForce AdministratorOther
- TPOragnisational Change ManagerNSW
- CCDesktop Support Engineer - Hunter ValleyNSW
- FTJunior/Mid Front-end Developer/DesignerOther
- CCTest Data Management AnalystACT
- FT.Net Developer - Multiple positions availableSA
- CCDevOps Consultant - BrisbaneQLD
- CCNetwork Security ArchitectQLD
- CCMobile Applications DeveloperACT
- FTInfrastructure ArchitectVIC
- CCThe job "Automation Test Analyst Guidewire " is now ExpiredQLD
- FTFront End Developer - Ractive.JS (Urgent)Other
- FTSenior Business Analyst (Loyalty Program)Other
- CCIT Portfolio Management AnalystWA