In 2007, many pundits were expressing disappointment that Google was only releasing an open-source mobile operating system rather than a smartphone of its own design to compete with Apple’s just-released first-generation iPhone.
Smartphones - Slideshows
Apps that range from frightening to frighteningly useless
There may be an iPhone app for this and that and everything else, but unsatisfied modders are hacking into iOS devices to make them do all kinds of new tricks.
In the U.S., the first Windows Phone 7 smartphones will be available on AT&T and T-Mobile beginning in November
There was plenty of phones, even more slides, a list of important speakers and some glamour and hullabaloo as Microsoft launched Windows Phone 7 in AUstralia.
The IFA has a storied past as well as notable celebrities and some "first" technology ever seen in Europe. From Einstein to Xbox, the IFA has shown it all. Some products, like the 3DTV, were ahead of their time. Others, like the MiniDisc...well, just never got off the ground.
The original iPhone, released in 2007, was a revolutionary device that combined a slick design with groundbreaking hardware. It had a large multitouch, capacitive, touchscreen, an aluminium back and just five buttons that have remained on each model since then.
Sydney's central business district exploded with Australians trying to buy an iPhone last night. Some of the most spectacular photos we've seen came from professional photographer Mark Matthews. Mark has graciously given us permission to publish the photos, and we recommend that you visit his site and check out more of his fantastic work.
Apple's iPhone 4 arrived in style overnight, and VHA's Sydney customers were treated to a swanky party at The Ivy.
Owning an Android smartphone means never having to say 'I don't know'
With the iPhone 4's Australian launch only weeks away, we take a stroll down memory lane to look at the history of the iPhone.
Get ready for Apple's latest iPhone. Our close-up walk-through looks at the iPhone 4's design, as well as highlights of the new iOS 4 software.
The iPhone OS 4 upgrade, or iOS 4, arrived Monday at 1 p.m. Eastern/10 a.m. Pacific for all iPhone and iPod Touch users who had their devices hooked to iTunes. The update weighs in at 378MB, and you need the latest version of iTunes (9.2) to be able to download iOS 4.
A visual history of the science and sci-fi of phone calls you can see. (And, no, it didn't start with The Jetsons.)
For the newest iPhone, Apple focused visually on sleek new styling with stainless steel banding, and a dramatically improved display. Under the covers, you'll find improved battery life, and managed multitasking for applications. Apple also introduced video calls or chat, initially over Wi-Fi.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Ring Video Doorbell review
- 2 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 4 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 5 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
Join the newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Pixel 2: Everything we know about Google’s next flagship phone
- OnePlus 5 rumors: Everything we know about the upcoming budget flagship
- Google makes the best Android apps easier to find with Android Excellence
- Motorola's Z2 Play comes with a smaller battery, a higher price tag, and new Moto Mods
- Sony outs launch details for its Xperia XZ Premium flagship and futuristic Touch projector
PCW Evaluation Team
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
- Ford Everest Trend RWD 3.2L Diesel review
- Ford Everest Trend in its natural habitat
- Linksys Velop mesh WiFi review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCSenior IT Business AnalystVIC
- FTJunior Java Developers wantedVIC
- FTSenior Software Engineer | Data Feeds | AI & AutomationOther
- CCAsset Management specialistNSW
- CCSolutions ArchitectNSW
- FTProject CoordinatorSA
- CCSenior Project CoordinatorNSW
- FTSupport AnalystOther
- FTSystem EngineerNSW
- FTProject Coordinator -Finance, budgets, forecasts, policyOther
- FT.Net DeveloperNSW
- FTProgram CoordinatorOther
- FTPMO Project AnalystOther
- FTCitrix Engineer | 6 month contractOther
- FTSAP Data Migration SpecialistsACT
- FTWeb Designer (Drupal 7)Other
- FTProject Manager - IT ImplementationVIC
- FTDelivery Manager - Agile / Scrum / DigitalOther
- FTIT ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Systems AdministratorOther
- FTSenior PHP ProgrammerSA
- CCBusiness and Financial AnalystNSW
- FTExecutive AssistantACT
- CCTraining specialistNSW
- TPNetwork & System EngineerNSW