Optus is one of the most popular telcos in Australia, and it offers a range of mobile phones and plans to suit most budgets. We round up the best mobile phones available on an Optus contract plan, starting from just $19 per month.
Smartphones - Roundups
Telstra's Next G network offers premium data speeds and network coverage, and you don't need an expensive phones on a long contract to enjoy its benefits. Australia's largest telco has a wide range of inexpensive prepaid mobile phones that won't brea...
Telstra's Next G network claims to provide the fastest download speeds of any carrier in Australia, and also promises the widest coverage, covering 99 per cent of the Australian population.
If you're looking for a new prepaid mobile phone on the Vodafone network, we've rounded up the best models available. And no, that is not a mistake; you can buy the iPhone 4 on prepaid through Vodafone!
If you're looking for a new mobile phone and want to opt for a Vodafone deal, we've rounded up the best mobile phones available. Whether its Vodafone exclusives like the HTC Desire HD and the HTC 7 Trophy, or popular handsets like the Apple iPhone 4 ...
Today's mobile phones are a great example of the benefits of a converged device, offering features like the ability to browse the Internet, edit documents and watch multimedia content. Many current smartphones are also capable of recording high quali...
The latest Internet-capable smartphones are a great study tool if used wisely.
2011 may be drawing to a close, but despite a wealth of new smartphones already hitting the shelves, there is no signs of the mobile world slowing down. Plenty more smartphones are set to launch later this year, most of them including dual-core proce...
BlackBerry smartphones, manufactured by Canadian company Research in Motion (RIM) have a rich history in delivering excellent e-mail capabilities. Previously considered purely business or corporate devices, the latest range of Blackberry smartphones ...
A an iPod or iPhone dock can be a great Christmas gift. Some docking stations offer extras like digital radio, Wi-Fi connectivity and alarm clocks, and most charge your iPhone or iPod.
The 2010 Christmas season has already arrived, and it is a great time to buy a new phone for a loved one (or yourself!) Apple's iPhone is the dominant player in the mobile phone market, but you can also choose from a great range of Android smartphone...
If you're looking for an ideal stocking filler this Christmas, why not consider a cheap, entry-level smartphone? With a great range of Android smartphones on the market at low prices, there has never been a better time to buy. We round up the best bu...
Microsoft's all-new mobile operating system, Windows Phone 7, is an entirely different beast to its clunky predecessor, Windows Mobile 6.5. It features an attractive, fresh and easy-to-use interface, Facebook integration and a full mobile office suit...
Motorola's RAZR was one of the most popular mobile phones of all time, but since then the company has been relatively quiet in Australia. This has changed recently with the launch of a range of Android phones like the budget inspired DEXT and more re...
Sony Ericsson has had plenty of success with its Walkman and Cyber-shot line of mobile phones, which integrated advanced music and camera features respectively. In more recent times, the company has tried its luck with its XPERIA branded smartphones;...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 2 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 3 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 4 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 5 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Google wants to solve the Android update problem once and for all with Project Treble
- Intel concerned about name of John McAfee’s privacy phone
- Low-cost Android phones to get iPhone features with new Qualcomm chips
- Qualcomm's Quick Charge 4 is coming in phones midyear
- Apple's next iPhones may cut corners on memory due to price squeeze
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- MSI GE72 7RE Apache Pro gaming laptop review
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTFrontend DeveloperNSW
- TPICT Customer Support OfficerNSW
- FTSolution Architect - NetworksACT
- CCState-wide Business Transition Lead - BrisbaneVIC
- FTProject Manager HFC Capacity ManagementVIC
- FTSenior .NET DevelopersSA
- FTDigital Developer | LAMP Stack | Digital AgencyNSW
- FTLearning & Development Consultant, Wealth ManagementNSW
- FTSenior Marketing Manager | Global Technology CompanyNSW
- FTSolution Architect - DatacentreVIC
- FTLevel 2 Desktop Support - Microsoft Office 365 experienceNSW
- FTTest AnalystACT
- TPInstructional DesignerVIC
- TPServiceNow ConsultantVIC
- TPBI ConsultantNSW
- FTNetwork SpecialistNSW
- FTProject Manager / Web DeveloperVIC
- CCNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCGraduate DeveloperQLD
- FTWeb Developer - 2 PositionsQLD
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- FTSystems EngineerVIC
- FTSenior Business Development Manager| SMSF/Accounting SoftwareNSW
- CCCCNP Network EngineerVIC